1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is this $220 with 1 weapon and a "metal" arm and Cap gets a shield, an alternate head, alternate mouths, and a broken Crossbones helmet for $225? I didn't get the TWS soldier version and was really hoping I would like this. Looks like I'm waiting for the next Avengers movie or never.

If your complaining about the price waiting years for the next won't make that version cheaper. Chances are very very good it will be higher. They don't usually get cheaper with time.

yeah...it's alright I guess. The sculpt is great, the vest is kind of bland but accurate at least. The lack of accessories is probably going to push me to not order it though. Happy with my TWS version and bagloads of guns, knives and grenades it came with.

How is this $220 with 1 weapon and a "metal" arm and Cap gets a shield, an alternate head, alternate mouths, and a broken Crossbones helmet for $225? I didn't get the TWS soldier version and was really hoping I would like this. Looks like I'm waiting for the next Avengers movie or never.

I get what you're saying, but I don't imagine waiting for the next go around would be the best route. In fact, it should be the opposite. Prices will only likely increase.

You could however, always wait until CW Bucky goes on the secondary market and see if perhaps he curtails in price. I don't imagine he'll go for more than retail at the maximum at any point.

agreed, I'm very happy with my version. The only thing I could possible need is the HS from this version to give a proper unmasked version for my TWS

Yeah, the only downside of the unmasked sculpt from TWS version is the black eye paint that he never had in the film, if I recall correctly.

Yeah, the only downside of the unmasked sculpt from TWS version is the black eye paint that he never had in the film, if I recall correctly.

You're right - the only clip of TWS Bucky without the mask and wearing eye paint was in trailers, as seen here:

tumblr_n1difmG4zy1tnhxydo4_500.gif

You're right - the only clip of TWS Bucky without the mask and wearing eye paint was in trailers, as seen here:

tumblr_n1difmG4zy1tnhxydo4_500.gif

Often times I believe HT makes the figures' outfits based on what they are provided from trailers and/or concept art, since a lot of times they make the prototypes for these figures before the film it's from even releases.

Often times I believe HT makes the figures' outfits based on what they are provided from trailers and/or concept art, since a lot of times they make the prototypes for these figures before the film it's from even releases.

I think they must. I have a Winter Soldier cardboard standee and poster, both of which show him with no mask but the eye paint. Marvel must have provided the same concept images to all the merchandising companies before the film's release. I actually like the look... too bad it didn't make it into the final cut!

I think they must. I have a Winter Soldier cardboard standee and poster, both of which show him with no mask but the eye paint. Marvel must have provided the same concept images to all the merchandising companies before the film's release. I actually like the look... too bad it didn't make it into the final cut!

Same here. The eye paint to me for some reason makes him look more "WS" and less "Bucky". In TWS he was the WS, not Bucky.

They're still calling the CW figure "WS", but he's more Bucky in this film to me as opposed to the WS.

Same here. The eye paint to me for some reason makes him look more "WS" and less "Bucky". In TWS he was the WS, not Bucky.

They're still calling the CW figure "WS", but he's more Bucky in this film to me as opposed to the WS.

I figure the eye paint was a way for them to hide the fact that the Winter Soldier was Bucky before the release of the film. I knew a few people unfamiliar with the comics who were legitimately surprised :slap:lol

But yes, the moniker of 'Winter Soldier' has changed to his (sort of) hero name. Like Scarlet Witch, we may not hear the name referenced in the films all that often, but they'll maintain it for merchandising. On a package, it has a bit more oomph than 'Bucky' :lol

I figure the eye paint was a way for them to hide the fact that the Winter Soldier was Bucky before the release of the film. I knew a few people unfamiliar with the comics who were legitimately surprised :slap:lol

But yes, the moniker of 'Winter Soldier' has changed to his (sort of) hero name. Like Scarlet Witch, we may not hear the name referenced in the films all that often, but they'll maintain it for merchandising. On a package, it has a bit more oomph than 'Bucky' :lol

Even if one is unfamiliar with the comics, it was relatively easy to tell it was Bucky from the trailers, in my opinion. :lol

And yeah, that's true regarding maintaining a certain handle for any particular character for merchandising purposes.

I'm happy with my WS version, even though the new arm looks cool. I don't particularly like the new outfit, though, so easy pass for me. I am interested in the headsculpt, though. Anyone know what the price usually is for just a parted out headsculpt? And where best to get it (I'm from Europe)?

Back