1/6 Hot Toys MMS351 Captain America: Civil War The Winter Soldier Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came in...

Congrats:clap! Been said before, but the way HT can make lifelike eyes is eerie (in a good way)....

That last picture kind of reminds me of the final scene in Cast Away where Tom Hanks is standing in the middle of the dirt crossroads, deciding which way to go.

LOL I am trying to decide:lol, next month...should I get just the CW Scarlet Witch and BP, or the AOU SW too???:cool: The CW Witch for sure tho. Wish I could have gotten her from SSC - now I'll have to pay more.:(

I have the "other" version of Scarlet Witch on its way. I've heard the quality is a mixed bag. I'd have to assume you're going to get a box of chocolates/roll the dice kind of thing with these knockoffs. If you want Hot Toys, you might as well save your pennies for the real deal. If you want a custom fig to mess around with without spending as much you'll try these.

I didn't know that they were making a Scarlett Witch as well. I do have a knockoff Scarlett Witch new Avengers uniform that I pre-ordered months ago that will hopefully ship one day.

Its just one of those things where id love to get the Hot Toys version, but with so much coming out this year (I think I have 15 more on pre-order), ontop of Infinity War right around the corner, I simply can't afford to re-purchase the whole team every couple of years. Especially with prices slowly climbing every year.

If its a major character that I love il definitely go with the Hot Toys version, but these cheaper knockoffs help satisfy my completism for slightly more minor characters. If I have to take a slight hit on quality to essentially get the figure for half price, il roll the dice on this one.

Last edited:
My OCD would go crazy over a knockoff. Id rather not have the figure in my collection. Luckily Im currently in a position to buy the real deal but my perspective may change if my financial circumstances change.

In all honesty I have enough where I probably could swing it and buy whatever figure I wanted, but I'm trying to teach myself a little much needed self control. Over the past 7 years ive acquired over 120 figures including customs and trying to cut back growth.

Last edited:
In all honesty I have enough where I probably could swing it and buy whatever figure I wanted, but I'm trying to teach myself a little much needed self control. Over the past 7 years ive acquired over 120 figures including customs and trying to cut back growth.
Sorry, wanst a dig at you. I assume most of us here have disposable income enough to waste on these things since we're all here talking about buying these things(hopefully not getting into crazy debt for them) I was just thinking if I could overcome my distaste for knock offs if I had to or just go without because I hate knock offs.

Sorry, wanst a dig at you. I assume most of us here have disposable income enough to waste on these things since we're all here talking about buying these things(hopefully not getting into crazy debt for them) I was just thinking if I could overcome my distaste for knock offs if I had to or just go without because I hate knock offs.

Haha no worries, I knew what you meant.

They only send the 2 week notices as an alert to say the full amount minus the NRD will be charged on this date and gives us two weeks heads up.

Thank you for posting it. Do they send any notices to people who paid in full? Do they add any tracking info for the order through the account? I ordered with the SSC for the first time not knowing what to expect.

Awesome shot again Crimsonixx. :) You on IG?

Thank you :) Yep, I just got it @superhero_evolution

4321436_rrs.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for posting it. Do they send any notices to people who paid in full? Do they add any tracking info for the order through the account? I ordered with the SSC for the first time not knowing what to expect.

You should get a ship notice and tracking. Which is useful because re SSC and UPS think anything over $200 has to be signed for. If you miss your UPS then you deal w. UPS - who may re-deliver or in my case take it to the local UPS store where I pick stuff up. But you can sign up with UPS on their site and make more specific arrangements.

You should get a ship notice and tracking. Which is useful because re SSC and UPS think anything over $200 has to be signed for. If you miss your UPS then you deal w. UPS - who may re-deliver or in my case take it to the local UPS store where I pick stuff up. But you can sign up with UPS on their site and make more specific arrangements.

I've never had to sign for any of my figures or PF's from UPS. They always just leave them right on the front porch. Interesting...

I've never had to sign for any of my figures or PF's from UPS. They always just leave them right on the front porch. Interesting...

It's buried down in SSC's "track your order" page:
Please note that all domestic shipments of $185 in value or more requires a signature upon delivery.

https://help.sideshowtoy.com/hc/en-us/articles/206615657-Track-Your-Order-

And a message about needing to sign seems to pop up when I order something from SSC. But HDguy is right, you can authorize no signature. BUT that may only be SSC's policy. Other stuff I've gotten shipped by UPS just gets left at the door, most of the time.

Back