1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst we wait for the SDCC exclusive announcements (hope there are some surprises!), I couldn't wait for Hot Toys to make one...

Sculpt by Creg Customs
Painted by Ken Ide

BD Batman 5 (teeth) resized for SSF.jpg

BD Batman 3 (Best edit) resized for SSF.jpg

Beautiful shots. Stunning piece.

No fault of this or any figure - but I still will never accept or understand WHY Nolan, Snyder, Burton even thinks we are idiots and removes Bruce's black eye paint when a cowl is removed. I just don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd probably be in the minority, but I'd actually still just prefer the regular Armored Batman over the BD one based on how my display is. He's one where I'd prefer showcasing the armor how it's supposed to look like in its entirety in its natural state, as opposed to BD to conform to one specific scene. The only scene I'm recreating from the film is the Trinity pose, so Armored Bats is sort of his own display. That being the case, I'd prefer showing it in full armor how it's intended to look, as mentioned. Plus, it leaves open the possibility of pairing it with a Bat-Signal.

Agreed but would love the BD version as an addition to the regular- both are neccessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

No fault of this or any figure - but I still will never accept or understand WHY Nolan, Snyder, Burton even thinks we are idiots and removes Bruce's black eye paint when a cowl is removed. I just don't get it.

I'm sure there is a way to achieve that effect by cowl itself without any paint so it doesn't bother me at all.

I can't let it go...
bfd8bdc655d6362f83edd54f32e6be51.jpg

I can't ignore it...
7ab3b48bd91a53ee34eb9cd83bcdb17e.jpg

Artistic visual purposes.
Either remove the black eyes and let the actor's performance dictate the emotional scene that comes up,
Or Keep the black eyes and have the scene be a distraction cause you're focused on the actor looking stupid like a raccoon.

Just picture the Martha scene...picture him yelling "Martha...why did you say that name"? And he looks like a raccoon...
Wouldn't have the same emotional impact.

I'm distracted by the lack of eye makeup. Perhaps I would be equally distracted with it there. But at least I wouldn't feel cheated.

I'm distracted by the lack of eye makeup. Perhaps I would be equally distracted with it there. But at least I wouldn't feel cheated.

It's a necessary evil..either way is a distraction, but one has a chance to ruin an actor's acting.
Specially when a big part of acting is seeing emotions through their eyes.
I know what you mean, it used to bug me st first, but I've pictured these scenes with the black eyes, just like with Keaton talking to Selina before removing the mask, and I'm certain that everytime, I would have been focused on the eyes.

So I'm kinda glad that they actually decided to just do away with it.

Did Bale ever take off the cowl on screen? I think the only time is in The Dark Knight after Rachel's death but that time we don't actually see him take it off so he could have wiped his face.

Yeah I get it. Appreciate people letting me rant a bit.

Don't recall ever seeing Bale remove the cowl - closest we get is in the begins cave scene after he throws Rachel a shot and after she does he's sitting in the penthouse - clean-blurrier eyed

Dark Knight Rises when he gets off The Bat in the Batcave after the whole police chase,he takes it off,but there is still no eye make up

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

I'm with the black being kind of a magical thing that disappears when the cowl is removed crowd.

In my mind Bruce paints the bat symbol on his face over the eyes. A la frank Miller - but a good start

Anyone in the uk selling one of these pm me please

Back