1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Before you go on thinking I'm doing this to prove something or for self satisfaction, I'm really not. I'm doing this to show that you may have this wrong and it'd be a shame for you to skip out on the figure due to one frame that shows them at eye level when every other scene shows batman having the height advantage.

So chillax man, HT didn't **** this up. It's accurate and if you were interested in the figure, get it without having to worry about a thing.

No I never had intentions to get this I have the Knightmare PO but it's weird because there is a part where batman punches him like 5 straight times but Han superman regains his strength there's a shot there that looks like they are the same height even though in real life they aren't

I'm talking about the part where batman punches him about 5x straight in the face right before superman jumps on him they are about the same height. I don't know how to post pics!

In the wide shot of that scene, batmans legs are bent. YouTube it, you'll see superman is standing straight up against the wall and batmans legs are bent, putting him in a lower position.

Just...trust me man haha. When HT ****s up, believe me when I tell you this, I, along with dozens, get extremely vocal about said **** up. HT didn't eff this up.

No I never had intentions to get this I have the Knightmare PO but it's weird because there is a part where batman punches him like 5 straight times but Han superman regains his strength there's a shot there that looks like they are the same height even though in real life they aren't

Check my reply above.

To further illustrate what I'm talking about: go to a mirror and get into a fight stance. You'll find that even bending your knees just a bit will make you a couple of inches shorter than when you're standing straight up.

Anyway, I've provided what I think is enough evidence. There isn't much more I can say on the matter.

Found this on Facebook.
image.jpg

It's accurate. This version of Bruce/batman is taller than Clark/superman. Like Shane pointed out, its intentional because they wanted batman, who is superman's villain in this movie, to look physically imposing as well as wanting Clark to "look up" to the more seasoned, battle weary Bruce. Affleck is perfect for the character. Not only is he tall, he's huge and has a "refrigerator" frame and was built like a tank. Pretty much the first actor to physically look like batman from the comics.

And fortunately HT replicated that height difference. I'd be pissed if they made superman taller than batman. It's bad enough MoS superman couldn't fit in any other display because he was ridiculously taller than everything else. But they kind of fixed that by making BvS superman shorter whilst making batman taller.

So no worries man, it's accurate.

Edit- btw you really should watch the making of BvS where you Can see just how much taller Affleck is when wearing the armor. Literally a beast. So the figures are accurate.

Yep.

Even though everyone knows that Superman looking like a pre serum Steve Rogers could still easily overpower Batman, the film crew wanted to make Batman visually to the viewers look like he at least stood a chance by having an imposing physique.

The figure heights look fine to me by the way. :dunno

OsMpYWw.jpg

image.jpeg

OMG, are we really nit picking over a figure that may, or may not be a few millimetres off, that's if it is. Some people need to get a life!

OMG, are we really nit picking over a figure that may, or may not be a few millimetres off, that's if it is. Some people need to get a life!

On SSF, for some, it's apparently a deal breaker on whether they purchase a figure or not, despite how amazing the figure looks. :lol

Ok so in the fight scene they walk up to each other and they are exactly the same height. I know Ben is taller in real life but in the fight at least for that part and also later on in the fight you can clearly tell that they are the same height. Now the part of the fight where batman blocks supermans punch that looks like the comparison we see with this figure. But come on you can't even do a face off with these figures it's a joke

BatBen is taller. If you think the figure is inaccurate or a joke, don't buy it.

Hard to believe SSF's are criticizing the mouth detail of Ben Affleck. The butt of every joke. A laughing stock. Until he the put on the cowl. And put people through walls.
HT Armored Batman? Figure looks flat out awesome. No cheap found.

Absolutely. Agreed.

I'm getting it, I enjoyed the movie though.....

On SSF, for some, mommy has to check in on them every hour or so to make sure their kid hasn't died from an aneurysm while nitpicking details on hot toys dolls.

Can someone explain to me those crazy prices for armored and knightmare?
Is it the actual street prices for those first released figures or the sellers are buying them at normal price and sell them the double ?
If i ws to be in hk today would i find them at a regular price in stores?

Is it the actual street prices for those first released figures or the sellers are buying them at normal price and sell them the double ?

I'm pretty sure the "crazy prices" are from people who already have it, and are charging extra to get it before Sideshow.

You wouldn't find any in stores, they sold out ages ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the "crazy prices" are from people who already have it, and are charging extra to get it before Sideshow.

Yeah. I bought Knightmare Batman 2 or 3 days ago, and I've noticed that at least several of the Hong Kong sellers seem to be raising the price with each subsequent figure that they sell. That may be the way they normally do it, but I noticed one seller that was selling Knightmare Batman had him in stock, at one point, for $359.00 plus $23.00 shipping. Then the next one he sold, he listed for $419.00 with free shipping. Even with the free shipping, that's a difference of 37 bucks. And it wasn't just that seller doing it. Again, maybe that's the way they normally do it, I don't know. Maybe as their inventory goes down, their normal practice is to raise the price, but I've been watching the auctions on eBay and they're doing this with both the Knightmare and Armored Batmans.

Yeah. I bought Knightmare Batman 2 or 3 days ago, and I've noticed that at least several of the Hong Kong sellers seem to be raising the price with each subsequent figure that they sell. That may be the way they normally do it, but I noticed one seller that was selling Knightmare Batman had him in stock, at one point, for $359.00 plus $23.00 shipping. Then the next one he sold, he listed for $419.00 with free shipping. Even with the free shipping, that's a difference of 37 bucks. And it wasn't just that seller doing it. Again, maybe that's the way they normally do it, I don't know. Maybe as their inventory goes down, their normal practice is to raise the price, but I've been watching the auctions on eBay and they're doing this with both the Knightmare and Armored Batmans.

:horror. Damn.....them prices are insane! :cuckoo:

Back