1/6 Hot Toys MMS349 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

Better po than regretting not to po.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys MMS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Collectible Figure

I really think if this were a packaged deal with the signal we would have seen it already. I can't think of a reason why they'd hold it back, or even why they'd do one set with a signal, and one without. It would be too easy for people to just pass on the set and go with the figure only. I think they're going to try and sell the signal by itself and see how it goes.

They would've put the set up for pre-order if they were together, but in advertisements/pamphlets, they've been marketing the signal separately so that's probably the way they're going with it. Who knows, maybe they have it come with a Bruce figure. :huh: I think the TDKR signal set, they put up pictures/pre-orders of both the Blake only and Blake+Gordon at the same time so you get to choose right away. It'd be pretty uncool if they decided to throw a set out there after the stand-alone figure pre-orders went up a long time ago.

It would've made sense to package the signal with Armored Batman but yeah, I could see HT pairing it up with a BW figure.

Finally decided to PO, i hope they gonna make better mouthplate than that

what does disappoint me on this figure is that it is not a diecast :(

looking good the picture :)

Good point, another dilemma: Do we risk missing this one on the off-chance there's a diecast one down the line?

yeah like all the iron man figures

I'm not a fan of the Batsignal coming with Wayne, I don't like when the combo's don't make sense or are an obvious ploy to sell a less popular figure

They did that with TDKR by packaging the signal with Blake instead of Gordon, most people would have bought the set if it was just Gordon and the Signal (logical combo) and then bought the 3 pack with Blake if they wanted Blake
This way they forced collectors who wanted the signal to get Blake, and forced collectors who wanted Gordon, to get the threepack

The good feeling buy for the signal being any sort of combo would be to package it with the armoured Batman, the only figure we've seen with the signal...
I can't ever see Bruce Wayne standing next to the Batsignal...

I really think the signal is going to be sold by itself. The display card at that fair seemed to hint at it, as did the magazine that was posted here a while back that listed the signal separately. Maybe it's something they're trying out to see if people will just buy accessories by themselves instead of trying to pack them in with figures. Definitely wouldn't make sense with a Bruce Wayne figure. He needs to come with the Robin suit display. :pray:

I really think the signal is going to be sold by itself. The display card at that fair seemed to hint at it, as did the magazine that was posted here a while back that listed the signal separately. Maybe it's something they're trying out to see if people will just buy accessories by themselves instead of trying to pack them in with figures. Definitely wouldn't make sense with a Bruce Wayne figure. He needs to come with the Robin suit display. :pray:

Agreed
I can see the robin display selling as well as a batsuit display

I'm not a fan of the Batsignal coming with Wayne, I don't like when the combo's don't make sense or are an obvious ploy to sell a less popular figure

They did that with TDKR by packaging the signal with Blake instead of Gordon, most people would have bought the set if it was just Gordon and the Signal (logical combo) and then bought the 3 pack with Blake if they wanted Blake
This way they forced collectors who wanted the signal to get Blake, and forced collectors who wanted Gordon, to get the threepack

The good feeling buy for the signal being any sort of combo would be to package it with the armoured Batman, the only figure we've seen with the signal...

That's the reason I didn't get Gordon. I didn't want the signal or Blake. I would definitely accept paying more for an accessory I didn't want (the signal). But to buy an expensive pack with both a figure and an accessory I didn't want made me gave up on it.

The way I see it, their "trick" kinda backfired.
"Cool, I want a Gordon, but not enough to buy him in his Swat gear".
"Nice, they have a new Gordon, just the way I want".
"Oh. I will have to pay more for a signal I didn't want? OK. It's a nice accessory, I might want to display it someday".
"What? A Blake figure too? That Gordon is getting to expensive, not that interested in it anymore".

I know I might be in the minority, but ...

That's the reason I didn't get Gordon. I didn't want the signal or Blake. I would definitely accept paying more for an accessory I didn't want (the signal). But to buy an expensive pack with both a figure and an accessory I didn't want made me gave up on it.

The way I see it, their "trick" kinda backfired.
"Cool, I want a Gordon, but not enough to buy him in his Swat gear".
"Nice, they have a new Gordon, just the way I want".
"Oh. I will have to pay more for a signal I didn't want? OK. It's a nice accessory, I might want to display it someday".
"What? A Blake figure too? That Gordon is getting to expensive, not that interested in it anymore".

I know I might be in the minority, but ...

I was the same way with Gordon, I wanted him alone for my collection when I saw kitbashes in his detective outfit, then when they showed him only available with the signal and Blake I just didn't even want him at all
If it was just Gordon and the signal I may have bit the bullet because that's a cool accessory, but forcing Blake into it was too much IMO, You have to know your collectors, if you don't think Blake is going to sell then make him an exclusive

How much would they even sell the signal on its own?

I couldn't even guess a number, but I wouldn't pay over £60 for it, that's for sure

$180 seems to be their sweet spot, but IMO the combo of Armoured with Signal would have been around $320-350

Yes! This needs to happen! Great idea.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd very much like the opportunity to buy the signal by itself. But would it shock anybody if HT packaged it with a Wayne figure or a Wayne/Alfred super-combo set?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd very much like the opportunity to buy the signal by itself. But would it shock anybody if HT packaged it with a Wayne figure or a Wayne/Alfred super-combo set?

There's certainly a chance that could happen, but I think I'd be a little surprised if it did at this point. I just don't know why they'd show it now without the figures. There's certainly a possibility it could come with Knightmare Batman, but if not with him then I think it will be by itself.

Although, did they tease or have the TDK armory at any cons before showing Bruce and Alfred? I can't remember if they did.

Back