1/6 Hot Toys MMS291 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope 1/6th scale Spacetrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it! Viewed from the right side he's basically another Stormtrooper... viewed from the left he's a Spacetrooper. Makes me happy I waited for this for my 2nd trooper.

It's definitely a one-of-a-kind OT figure that won't soon be recreated.

Me too! I was chomping at the bit all day waiting for UPS and then when I opened the box and pulled him out...just stunned by the accuracy! This one was worth every penny.

How well does the head move around with the tube attached? Does it swivel in the chin?

The breathing hose is made out of pliable rubber and it moves with the helmet which moves the same way the regular stormtrooper helmets move - just a little less movement to the left (the side the hose is on) but not completely immobile.

Hells yes!

Nice post Kuat of Kuat!

How well does the head move around with the tube attached? Does it swivel in the chin?

Yes, the head is free to move but is somewhat restricted by the hose. My first picture shows that you can turn the head toward the hose, but any further and you risk distorting the natural position of the hose over time. I haven't tried it yet but I imagine he would have less rotation turning away from the hose.

But the head moves forward and tilts side to side very well so you can get expressive looks that way. I don't see a need to have any stormtrooper looking literally over his shoulder.

Nice pictures, love the detail... I was finally all ready to order this guy with Novembers coupon, but now I'm bummed that there won't be one. I just wanted to cover the ridiculous shipping Sideshow has been charging lately... I'll hold out a little longer till next weekend to see if they do anything for Black Friday weekend.

I used the October coupon on this for the same reason, to cover shipping cost. I believe someone in the coupon thread said a code was posted on the 22nd last year, so there is still hope.

I have mine arriving this week. I kind of regret picking this up. I wanted to go all in with the HT SW line but there are just too many now.

OT Stormtroopers are my favourite design ever so hopefully it will be different when it arrives.

I have mine arriving this week. I kind of regret picking this up. I wanted to go all in with the HT SW line but there are just too many now.

OT Stormtroopers are my favourite design ever so hopefully it will be different when it arrives.

I'm in the same boat.....too many, too fast and too costly....decided this will be my only HT SW figure. I got it because I've always wanted a Spacetrooper, even thought of making a custom one, glad I don't have to. :yess:

I'm in the same boat.....too many, too fast and too costly....decided this will be my only HT SW figure. I got it because I've always wanted a Spacetrooper, even thought of making a custom one, glad I don't have to. :yess:

Only one?!!? I didn't know that was possible.

The self control is unparalleled. Even to be fine with only 2..

When the dust settles I'll have five or six. Three of which will be Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers.

There are four characters not yet even teased that if made, I'd seriously consider (HT ESB Vader, Snowspeeder Luke*, Snowtrooper, R2) but I'm walking away from the rest. Even Han & Chewie.

*Snowspeeder Luke wouldn't be a consideration, that'd be an instant buy.

If my minimalist OCD kicks in hard, I could cut to three and I'd be good. Realistically, not less than that.

A partially framed out of focus character with two seconds of screen time as your single representation of the entire saga. Makes sense. :lol

;)

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.”

— Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Spacetrooper represents Star Wars in a nutshell: colossal scale.

url

spacetroopers.jpg

Back