1/6 Hot Toys - MMS274 - TDKR - John Blake with Bat-Signal 1/6th scale Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Detective John Blake ??

Had a lot of hope we'd hear something about this figure and the Bat-Signal at the SDCC. :(

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Detective John Blake ??

Had a lot of hope we'd hear something about this figure and the Bat-Signal at the SDCC. :(

I'm guessing Ani-Com. That'd be something, wouldn't it? Blake and a Comissioner Gordon standing around the Bat signal?

I'm guessing Ani-Com. That'd be something, wouldn't it? Blake and a Comissioner Gordon standing around the Bat signal?

Absolutley! Wondering if that Bat-Signal would come very weathered, like in TDKR or more like in TDK.
Maybe they'll make a compromise between both, could look great as well.

SRyhjl.png

Source: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=63472

I had a dream last night that he was announced at SDCC.

Funny, cause I wasn't even jonesing for this figure. :lol

Need this figure to be announced. We're so close to finishing up with the line if we could get him and Ra's. Commissioner Gordon would be great too.

I can't believe HT made a Colson and no John Blake, commissioner Gordon, or Ra's yet. Mind boggles

I still can't believe they made Coulson but other characters who were actually pretty major throughout the entire Dark Knight Trilogy such as Alfred or Lucius Fox weren't made. I know some people argue about limited appeal but I don't see how they'd be any more limited than some of the obscure figures (Coulson included) that get made.

Coulson was a little more important in Avengers than Alfred and Fox were.

I still don't know why they made a figure of him though. Good for Clarke Gregg I guess, he seems to be having fun with it.

As for Gordon, atleast Hot Toys got the Lt. Gordon out there. I'm glad I ended up picking that up when I did. Before the dust settles, they should atleast make a regular attire version of him (maybe from Dark Knight's third act) and Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul from Begins. Especially Ra's. How do you have figures out there like Scarecrow, Two-Face and Demon Batman but no Ra's Al Ghul?

Coulson was semi important in The Avengers. It was more just of a part he played in bringing them together which has now turned false anyways (not bringing them together but people who've seen it and know about the SHIELD show know what I mean).

Alfred and Fox were huge parts of all three movies. Fox equipped Bruce with all his gear pretty much and helped him along the way through all three films. Same can be said about Alfred in terms of helping him along the way through all three films. They both probably had more screen time in the three films they were in than Coulson did in all the Phase One films combined. He basically was bit parts in all films other than The Avengers and even that he wasn't in a ton of.

in terms of characters of consequence you can't even compare alfred and coulson. alfred is the single most important living person in batman's life. no alfred=no batman.

coulson's been in more movies, sure (and i think he's great as a character), but he's no alfred.

everytime this thread gets bumped i get excited, but still no-go. i agree with Mike86: let's get Blake on the table so we can close out this line if they're not going to make these other characters!

Coulson was semi important in The Avengers. It was more just of a part he played in bringing them together which has now turned false anyways (not bringing them together but people who've seen it and know about the SHIELD show know what I mean).

Alfred and Fox were huge parts of all three movies. Fox equipped Bruce with all his gear pretty much and helped him along the way through all three films. Same can be said about Alfred in terms of helping him along the way through all three films. They both probably had more screen time in the three films they were in than Coulson did in all the Phase One films combined. He basically was bit parts in all films other than The Avengers and even that he wasn't in a ton of.

Not going to argue but I still think Coulson is more "important" as far as something being toyetic goes than the two old dudes (from any of the films).

Like I said, I still have no idea why they made a figure of Coulson (boring guy in a suit) other than being Avengers baid, but I can understand it more than Alfred or Fox. Coulson brought the team of heroes together, he used that gun, had the Cap cards, had a presence in all of the Marvel films and the upcoming television show, he faced off against the main baddy (albeit quickly) and blew him away.

What would Alfred come with, a serving tray? What would Fox have, a memo in a manila envelope? Dolls of them would be a joke.

Characters like,

Bob the Goon
John Blake
Alfred (all three versions)
Fox
Miranda Taters
Max Shrek
Rachel Dawes (both of them)
Grissom
Any of the Mayors
Vicki Vale
Alexander Knox
Lt. Eckhart
Maroni
Falcone

etc. etc.

Shouldn't have a figure made of them in my opinion, no matter how "important" they are.

I mean, Rachel Dawes is a pretty important character in the story, should we see a figure of her? How about Margot Kidder's Lois Lane, she's a pretty big deal in the movies. Should she stand side by side with the 152 MMS Superman?

I don't see how it matters what accessories they come with. Plenty of Hot Toys figures come with just extra sets of hands or like one item. I still think that if they were exclusives packed in with a more popular character (say Wayne/Alfred or Fox/Commissioner Gordon) they'd sell. They aren't mass movers but fans would want them. Really how is Coulson that much more toy worthy? He's a plain guy in a suit, so he has a walkie talkie and a gun so that suddenly makes him more worthy of a toy?

Also Blake has a justifiable case for being made. Just because you don't like the film he was a big part of it. Same can be said about Miranda Tate/Talia al Ghul even though I doubt she gets made. Hell if anything I'm even going to defend Batman Returns. Shreck was practically the main villain without being marketed that way. He's really the one running the show for Penguin and he created Catwoman. It's his whole stupid electric plant idea that is the basis for him trying to get Penguin elected for mayor.

Obviously some of the more bit characters you named aren't as important to warrant figures. Such as Bob the Goon as he's more just a fan favorite. Lt. Eckhart, Knox, the mayors, etc. Female characters seem to be a tough sell regardless. Only ones who are costumed heroes or villains seem to be made so I doubt we'd ever see Vicki, Rachel, or Lois for that reason alone.

Last edited:

We know Blake and Gordon will be announced, hopefully some figure in July (a year from movie release).

I don't see how it matters what accessories they come with. Plenty of Hot Toys figures come with just extra sets of hands or like one item. I still think that if they were exclusives packed in with a more popular character (say Wayne/Alfred or Fox/Commissioner Gordon) they'd sell. They aren't mass movers but fans would want them. Really how is Coulson that much more toy worthy? He's a plain guy in a suit, so he has a walkie talkie and a gun so that suddenly makes him more worthy of a toy?

Also Blake has a justifiable case for being made. Just because you don't like the film he was a big part of it. Same can be said about Miranda Tate/Talia al Ghul even though I doubt she gets made. Hell if anything I'm even going to defend Batman Returns. Shreck was practically the main villain without being marketed that way. He's really the one running the show for Penguin and he created Catwoman. It's his whole stupid electric plant idea that is the basis for him trying to get Penguin elected for mayor.

Obviously some of the more bit characters you named aren't as important to warrant figures. Such as Bob the Goon as he's more just a fan favorite. Lt. Eckhart, Knox, the mayors, etc. Female characters seem to be a tough sell regardless. Only ones who are costumed heroes or villains seem to be made so I doubt we'd ever see Vicki, Rachel, or Lois for that reason alone.

Too much trouble, none of those "guys in suits" are needed. This is what's ideal as far as Batman lines go in my opinion. Anything else is just frivolous.

Batman Begins

- Begins Suit
- First Night out
- Ninja Bruce Wayne
- Scarecrow
- Ra's Al Ghul (Neeson)
- Some sort of Gordon

- Tumbler
- suit wardrobe

The Dark Knight

- TDK Suit
- Joker (and all of his variations)
- Dent
- Two-Face
- Some sort of Gordon if it isn't done for Begins

- Batpod
- Batbunker armory

Batman 1989

- Batman
- Joker (and all his variations)

- Batmobile
- Armory suit vault

TDKR

- Batman
- Catwoman
- Bane (and his variations)

- waterfall armory

Batman Returns

- Batman
- Catwoman
- Penguin (and his variations

Batman '66

- Batman
- Robin
- Riddler
- Penguin
- Joker
- Catwoman

- Batmobile

Arkham

- Batman
- The Joker

Chief O' Hara,60s Gordon, Hingle Gordon, 60's Alfred, Caine Alfred, Gough Alfred, the Rachels, Shreck, Miranda Tate, Fox, Blake, Vicki Vale, etc. can suck it. They might be great characters, but they shouldn't have figures.

you're not making them, so who cares?

"shouldn't" is just silly.

that's like saying hot toys shouldn't make so much iron man crap because i don't want to buy any of those and i don't like them and don't need them in my collection ~ and because i say so.

i'm all for whatever they want to make from the tdk line and i don't care if other people think the character "warrants" a figure or not.

: o p

bring on blake, alfred, fox, talia, and ra's!

that's like saying hot toys shouldn't make so much iron man crap because i don't want to buy any of those and i don't like them and don't need them in my collection ~ and because i say so.

Surely you feel that those micro-second shown armors getting full blown figure releases is obnoxious?

Igor, Heartbreaker, etc. etc. Really, those all need to be done? There's a reason people are complaining, those releases are ridiculous.

The main villain from the first movie doesn't even have a figure. For some reason that really irks me. If any Nolan Batman character should be made as priority, it's him.

I've been thinking about a deluxe two pack of him in his Ninja gear (with the finale clothes/accessories) and Ninja Bruce Wayne for years.

But no, instead we get "Fear Toxin Batman". :monkey4

Well, I disagree strongly about Blake and Gordon (and Alfred), because Gordon and Alfred are important for the Trilogy, and Blake is one of the main characters in TDKR (and Talia, sure).

The Dark Knight has a huge fun support, so almost any figure is a win. Really weird they did not make Ducard and Crane yet.

DiFabio totally with you bro, especially on Iron Man logic:lecture

So is this it? SDCC belongs to Batman 66 and the retooled 1/4 TDKR Bat? Ani-Com better suck me sideways.

would be cool but gordon is the only "non hero" character Id get

Surely you feel that those micro-second shown armors getting full blown figure releases is obnoxious?

Igor, Heartbreaker, etc. etc. Really, those all need to be done? There's a reason people are complaining, those releases are ridiculous.

i don't want them, but no, it's not obnoxious. someone wants them and is excited like a little kid at Christmas when that crap gets announced: good for them!

why would i want to spit on someone else's joy? it's their wish; let 'em have it. costs you nothing to not step on other people's dreams with words like "shouldn't".

nobody needs a talia doll. but some people might really like one and good on the company who fulfills people's wishes.

: D

Back