1/6 Hot Toys - MMS274 - TDKR - John Blake with Bat-Signal 1/6th scale Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Detective John Blake ??

How'd you get that GCPD on his turtleneck? Is it from a SWAT Gordon or custom done? Not sure why I'm bashing him knowing one is coming eventually. Hopefully mine will look as great as yours at a lower price than what Ht would sell him for.

Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Detective John Blake ??

it's killin' me to wait, but i want an official one. the bashes look very nice, though ~ well done!

IMG_2448_zpsc4fd6360.jpg

Ι like this sculpt very much...with the appropriate clothes and accessories!

Is that badge for sale anywhere? It's totally different than the ZCWO one. Also, any idea of how to put the GCPD on the undershirt? No way I'm shelling out $40 for the HT Gordon one.

Here is my Blake bash. HS is by ELEVEN, not perfect but he will do.

nice bash. Sorry didn't know it was by "Eleven." I was just going by what the description said on Cotswold's website, which says Custom Studios

Is that badge for sale anywhere? It's totally different than the ZCWO one. Also, any idea of how to put the GCPD on the undershirt? No way I'm shelling out $40 for the HT Gordon one.

Hi friend! The badge is custom made...

That ZCWO uniform is nearly perfect. It photographs very blue but is much darker in person. The jacket he wears over it is black. The stills from the movie are obviously changed by the lighting just like the figure is.

Agreed. I honestly don't see JGL in it at all, just Ryan Gosling. I'd rather get the one by Custom studios if I were making a Blake

Really to me they nailed 70% of it. Showed my girlfriend just the scuplt ans she got who it was in 1-2 seconds.

Just needs that chin and length sorted

Really to me they nailed 70% of it. Showed my girlfriend just the scuplt ans she got who it was in 1-2 seconds.

Just needs that chin and length sorted

Completely agree. Ht would have a hard time topping it but people are often blinded by the fact it is not a major company released headsculpt.

i think the sculpt looks fine ~ but if there is a chance for an "official" one, i am willing to wait. doesn't look like any danger of these disappearing for a while and maybe hot toys will make an official yay or nay on this by late spring/early summer.

hoping, anyway.

: D

Who wants to spend $200 for a guy in police outfit?

the people who do?

cost of a zcwo figure to start with [$100 at least]
cost of a blake sculpt [$30 at least]
customizing badges and whatnot [$5-10? maybe less? maybe more?]

eh, screw it, let hot toys do the work, make it accurate, and put it in a nice box.

Hey it's your money, pal.

I'd get Blake. Plus, come on. It's JGL :p

the people who do?

cost of a zcwo figure to start with [$100 at least]
cost of a blake sculpt [$30 at least]
customizing badges and whatnot [$5-10? maybe less? maybe more?]

eh, screw it, let hot toys do the work, make it accurate, and put it in a nice box.

Cost of ZCWO? $91 (bid, don't buy it now)
Cost of Blake sculpt? FREE (sell the House head for the price the JGL head costs)
Cost of Gotham Police Patch? $1.25 +S&H
Cost of Gotham Police Badge and GCPD Neck Label? No clue, haven't figured that out yet. But it sure as heck ain't costing $100!

If barebones Bane and Selina Kyle cost nearly $200, a HT Blake will cost well over that with his police belt and equipment alone. So mine's under half the cost of that. Better rethink your options there. I might upgrade my Blake's head with the HT one if it's dead on. By itself, this Eleven head's not great. But on the ZCWO figure? It's great as seen in the pics above!

but i don't want to rethink my options. i want hot toys to make a blake.

is that so wrong?

Blake is cool and all but he is not a big enough character to make me want to get him.

All the villians because they are villians, Fox and Alfred because they are in all 3 films and play a huge role, Catwoman because that is Batman's Sidekick so to speak and his love interest.

Blake was only in one film and he wasn't even that cool IMO :lol

deathbyexile said:
but i don't want to rethink my options. i want hot toys to make a blake.

is that so wrong?

Like you said earlier, it's your money and you can do what you want. I was just highlighting how cheap this figure can end up costing compared to what HT will likely charge. You can choose to do whatever you want. I bashed one knowing it'll be cheaper, pretty accurate out of the box, and I'll have it now and won't have to wait for it.

Blake was only in one film and he wasn't even that cool IMO :lol

He was in one movie, true.... But he's visually more appealing than Fox and Alfred (according to HT), he's not just another supporting character but ROBIN, and he becomes the next Batman by the movie's end. Pretty importent character despite having been in only one film.

I would've loved a Gordon, Lucius, and Alfred before I narrowed my collection down to two Batmans, a "Robin," and the villains. I hope for everyone's sake they do them. After they make a Ra's that is...

Last edited:
Back