Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you sold both caps?????`:slap:dunno:cuckoo::horror

Yup, STRIKE Cap was terrible and GA Cap was pinheaded with a derpy HS. I kept the GA Cap shield which was the best thing from that figure. I think HT has Cap figured out now so any further releases are going to be home runs.

Yup, STRIKE Cap was terrible and GA Cap was pinheaded with a derpy HS. I kept the GA Cap shield which was the best thing from that figure. I think HT has Cap figured out now so any further releases are going to be home runs.

I'm a staunch Cap fan, so I kept mine. Along with every other Cap figure. However, I agree with your objections to those particular figures. :lol

Civvy Steve is actually my second favorite Cap figure, behind AoU.

your right about the GA head,i already changed that one :lol . still, its CAP for crying out loud :yess:
Well, the GA Cap's head is an abomination and the suit's puffy. And even though I own the Strike Suit Cap, he has no chest and underdeveloped shoulders and arms. So I don't blame him. :lol

I'm a staunch Cap fan, so I kept mine. Along with every other Cap figure. However, I agree with your objections to those particular figures. :lol

Civvy Steve is actually my second favorite Cap figure, behind AoU.

Cap has been my favorite Marvel character since I was a kid so it pains me when Cap is done wrong by HT. AoU and Steve are the best HT has released so far(Rescue Cap coming in 3rd) so because I like Cap so much I stick with the "the best".

Cap has been my favorite Marvel character since I was a kid so it pains me when Cap is done wrong by HT. AoU and Steve are the best HT has released so far(Rescue Cap coming in 3rd) so because I like Cap so much I stick with the "the best".

Very cool. :)

Out of curiosity, how come you didn't just simply swap sculpts on GA Cap? Many people put the strike suit sculpt or the Steve sculpt on GA to improve its proportions.

I always thought the Steve sculpt looked weird on the GA Cap, something felt off (neck too long, head too big, proportions felt wrong, made the body look slimmer than bulkier) so I went with the helmeted sculpt and made it work, but my opinion never matters.

Very cool. :)

Out of curiosity, how come you didn't just simply swap sculpts on GA Cap? Many people put the strike suit sculpt or the Steve sculpt on GA to improve its proportions.

I did but the ears showing and the lack of wings on the helmet triggered my accuracy OCD, plus the head looked too long I can't place whats wrong but it's there.

It's basically the same, except that there isn't any white on the sleeves and the chest is a lot cleaner...I don't feel it's as busy a design as the AoU. I think the gloves and boots are from the Strike suit?

From the pictures I've seen, I believe you're right about the gloves and boots.

I did but the ears showing and the lack of wings on the helmet triggered my accuracy OCD, plus the head looked too long I can't place whats wrong but it's there.

I kind of like the look. Granted not movie accurate but definitely better than the one that comes with the figure.

Hope to have one (GA Cap), one of these days.

The sculpt looks a little too big for that body... Might just be the angle

If I recall other people's experiences correctly, padding the shoulders helped with the head/body proportions.

For all its criticism, GA Cap wasn't that far off from a perfect Cap figure. It's got the comic book design, beefier body, improved tailoring (pinstripes!), and a battle-scuffed red metal shield. It just had a terrible head sculpt and undefined shoulders.

I love this figure.... Getting a third one by nextweek. I have one helmeted, one unmasked and the third will be on a really cool bike i found on ebay. I kinda did the same thing with the Garfield Spiderman. These suits will NEVER be revisited, which makes them really special. I completely mod(ed) the second one by removing the padding, and cutting and reinforcing the rubber shirt underneath, which- in itself, is the other reason why the articulation on the guy suck so bad. I also repadded the Torso to make it more like the AoU version with medium density foam then trimmed it down thickening the flat chest, creating a "V" shape in the Lats and bringing the traps up. It's PERFECT now... and plan on doing the same to the 3rd one once it arrives, but with more aggressive padding. The suit it REALLY stiff and doesn't give much but I'll still try it.

I love this figure.... Getting a third one by nextweek. I have one helmeted, one unmasked and the third will be on a really cool bike i found on ebay. I kinda did the same thing with the Garfield Spiderman. These suits will NEVER be revisited, which makes them really special. I completely mod(ed) the second one by removing the padding, and cutting and reinforcing the rubber shirt underneath, which- in itself, is the other reason why the articulation on the guy suck so bad. I also repadded the Torso to make it more like the AoU version with medium density foam then trimmed it down thickening the flat chest, creating a "V" shape in the Lats and bringing the traps up. It's PERFECT now... and plan on doing the same to the 3rd one once it arrives, but with more aggressive padding. The suit it REALLY stiff and doesn't give much but I'll still try it.

...a picture is worth a 1000 words

I always think about it but until i get an official camera i won't at all attempt it, I'm very OCD like that. But one day I'll share with the world. I have over 1000 of these MFs and it'll be a burden of Love to capture everyone of them in their absolute best. I shared a bunch of stuff with 'alex Gen X' from toyhaven a while back so i have done it. But quick tip, for better articulation in the shoulders you gotta remove the fat padding AND cut the rubber undershirt front and back from collar down, mid-way to the belly and mid-back then you have to apply preferably blue or black electrical tape along the newly widened collar to keep the seems from showing beneath the vest and the shoulders from flailing too wide which doesn't look right. Once i finished i couldn't have designed it any better, it has full function and looks factory fresh. I promise to Share step by setup photos. Hardest part is taking the tops on and off, i swore i was gonna break something (shoulders or tear shirts). Thank Good i didn't.

Back