Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an action pose with stealth Cap with his helmet/mask on while wielding the stealth shield, I personally like this pose:

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Strike-Suit-6.jpg

The beginning boat sequence is the only part in the film where he was wielding his stealth shield with his helmet/mask on and most of that sequence involved hand to hand combat.

Thanks! It's hard to have him hold the shield in the air by one end because of the weight of the die cast, but the other pic, if you're referring to this one, it could work. I'd love to have him in a pose where he throws the shield at the guy on the ground or running while throwing.

Well, there you go! :duff Now, if only you can get Strike Cap to hold such a pose. :lol

Lazy question (haven't read through the whole threat)... Are there any pics of Steve Rogers with the AOU HS? Any fitting problems?

Lazy question (haven't read through the whole threat)... Are there any pics of Steve Rogers with the AOU HS? Any fitting problems?

It's the same head sculpt, just repainted and the eyes are looking towards the right (his left).

For an action pose with stealth Cap with his helmet/mask on while wielding the stealth shield, I personally like this pose:

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Strike-Suit-6.jpg

The beginning boat sequence is the only part in the film where he was wielding his stealth shield with his helmet/mask on and most of that sequence involved hand to hand combat.

Agree about the pose and from I hear about the articulation of the figure it might be one of the few poses it can achieve.

Agree about the pose and from I hear about the articulation of the figure it might be one of the few poses it can achieve.

Yeah, the articulation in the arms on this figure is limited. Mine won't go much higher than roughly a 45 degree angle. Where this figure came up short, it was improved on AoU Cap.

However, I still overall like the figure. Despite the relatively flat chest, I feel the general size of the figure was an improvement over the previous Caps, and I like the strike suit.

The stealth suit is really impressive and quite amazing- yes the arms are badly hindered in movement- has to be a big oversight on HT
's part however a great looking figure anyhow.

Which part, the forearm below the elbow? You just gotta futz around with it, yes the suit is very tight and hinders it a lot but it's not impossible. The entire arm can go around if you wanted to get the reach-for-the-shield-on-his-back pose. Just gotta work with the figure, take some risks, the DC IM3 on the dynamic stand has held for more than a week despite many people thinking it won't, you just gotta experiment with it and try, watch some reviews to see how far you can push the articulation and just be careful with it, sure it's expensive but it's still a toy that you should play around with. I think people are just too afraid sometimes, and I don't mean that condescendingly at all, just encouraging others to take risks and go for dynamic poses like Terry from Sideshow :wink1:

If only the Stealth figure had the same proportions and articulation as the AoU figure.

That would have made it the best Cap made. The AoU was so good that the STRIKE Cap depressed me(along with GA Cap) so I sold them both. The only WS movie Cap I have now is Steve Rogers.

Great TWS display there. I also love the DX08 and DX09. :duff

I plan on picking up CW Cap, which hopefully will be my definitive Cap.

Thanks. CW Cap will be just as good as AoU Cap but I assume without the magnets and ROgers HS.

Thanks. CW Cap will be just as good as AoU Cap but I assume without the magnets and ROgers HS.

Great display, Bjjer. :clap

I'm also hoping CW Cap has the same proportions and size as AoU Cap. No need to change anything there, in my opinion. I presume it will indeed use the same body proportions, just sans the embedded magnets like you mentioned.

I'm also presuming he won't come with an extra Rogers sculpt. Not including TWS dual pack, there's no solo Cap figure that has came with an additional sculpt yet.

I think he meant no non Avenger'd Cap has had an additional HS but I hope that changes because the prices keep going up.

The suits basically the same I think. I'm hoping for a chain mail Cap before this whole MCU thing ends.

It's basically the same, except that there isn't any white on the sleeves and the chest is a lot cleaner...I don't feel it's as busy a design as the AoU. I think the gloves and boots are from the Strike suit?

I think he meant no non Avenger'd Cap has had an additional HS but I hope that changes because the prices keep going up.

Yes, you are correct. :goodpost:

Although as far as an additional Rogers sculpt is concerned, I think the only thing left that HT can do that would differentiate it from previous sculpts is to mar his face a bit.

Back