Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admantinum I believe, sorry if I misspelled

Vibranium, technically. :) (and it's spelled adamantium)

BTW is the GA shield version diecast? just wondering. The only thing that is a downside to the new shields in this set is the weight and the lack of grip that comes with the grip hands. :thud:

The GA shield is diecast. I have one of the knockoff diecast shields, and I was planning to give it to my FA figure, but it kept dragging his arm down. It's a nice bonus (compared to the old plastic shields), but that extra weight is kind of annoying.

Vibranium, technically. :) (and it's spelled adamantium)

The GA shield is diecast. I have one of the knockoff diecast shields, and I was planning to give it to my FA figure, but it kept dragging his arm down. It's a nice bonus (compared to the old plastic shields), but that extra weight is kind of annoying.

Thanks for the information :wave

Vibranium .pfft: that's hollywood for you, I know it was supposed to be Admantium like Wolvie's claws in the comics.

I thought for just the hell of it

In case somebody is wondering

I have to admit it's not that bad of a look, not as odd as I thought it would be :lecture

Another reason I think this set despite it's problems in articulation and movie accuracy to the stealth suit. All in all, it's still worth the price from SSC.

Of course poses like this seals the deal for me

Here's one tip to nailing the movie feel IMO if someone wants to head swap like I did i, make sure the middle collar is lined up to the side collars and flip the side collars inwards as much as you can to eliminate his neck.

At least this worked for me

Last edited:
Thanks for the information :wave

Vibranium .pfft: that's hollywood for you, I know it was supposed to be Admantium like Wolvie's claws in the comics.

I thought for just the hell of it

In case somebody is wondering

I have to admit it's not that bad of a look, not as odd as I thought it would be :lecture

Another reason I think this set despite it's problems in articulation and movie accuracy to the stealth suit. All in all, it's still worth the price from SSC.

Vibranium has been around in the Marvel universe since the 1960s. It pre-dates Adamantium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure I'm canceling mine. Had a chance to look at a set, and I was underwhelmed. Tailoring is far from Hot Toys' best, and the inability to bring Cap's arms to his sides would drive me bat****. Also, for an extra $150, I could have an Igor...

I don't think its that much bigger it just has a bit more definition and a nicer shape. but it also requires cutting off the neck and it makes the suit fit a bit weird around the collar.

Yeah that's what I meant, the shape is better as the lats are not flat but bulge out, which is necessary in order to create the perfect V shape body. The problem with the stock figure, is not that he isn't big enough, but rather that no parts on it bulge out, the pecs and lats are too flat. Thus, totally lacks muscle shape or definition, which the AOU proto lacks to but that looks big because it is padded well.

its hard to do the rear snaps on the back up. the legs also need to be swapped or use smaller feet pegs because they calves have the leg extenders on them which makes him really tall. its a Frankenstein body for sure.

Yes I know you have to take it apart and put caps limbs on there and cut of the neck, which is why I am reluctant to buy it as that just seems like too much trouble. Didn't know that about the rear snaps though but not surprized.

Got my set today. Not as bad as I was expecting :yess:

The Stealth Strike suit.. If HT planned on using this body+padding then they should've just tailored a final suit with a huge taper down to the waist. So even with the padding, it'd still have a strong v-shape.

Well it wouldn't have the strong V shape as the one seen on the proto since the lats are flat like pan cakes, but it would of been able to create some sort of V shape if they did that. With my mod I kept trying to taper down the rest of torso, by removing lower part of the fat suit and this did create some sort of v shape. However, the trouble with doing that is that it makes his body look smaller as obviously there is less padding there now.

So I looked at the Reeve torso and noticed that both the lower torso and upper torso were not only the correct shape but also bigger. This then gave me the idea to use the rubber band method, which was not intended to make the fat suit smaller but rather to change the shape of it in order to create some sort of V shape while retaining size. Although it is improvement it still doesn't have the perfect V shape look that it should have. This is because of a combination of flat lat muscles and the fact that I can't get it skinny enough (by compressing the edges of fat suit with rubber bands) when tapering it down to create the perfect V shape. :thud:

I got my hands on a spare vest to experiment on :)

Wish HT would've made a new body for Cap. They could've used it for the Star Spangled Man, Avengers, Golden Age, Steve Rogers, Strike suit, and the Age of Ultron figure..

Wise decision, my vest has so much wear and tear on it because of constantly taking off and on.

Last edited:
Share my 1st mod FA captain.
Changed to TA captain body & face, but the face a bit smaller than the original.

13%252520-%25252077.jpg

ERI_4042.JPG

ERI_4044.JPG

How did you make the neck connection? What is the face part like after removal of TA helmet along with the neck? Does it even have back of the head?

I got my set and am very happy with it. These are two great looking figures. After reading all the comments on the padded suit underneath I had planned to remove mine but seeing it in person changed my mind. I think it looks great as is. I'm not sure what the complaints are about.

1423787813_zpsd4f53b6a.jpg

1423787823_zps7ee11dcf.jpg

Actually I have the same feeling. I think it's fine after I've gotten mine on my hand.

Just a random thought but I think HT used either the Man of Steel Superman body or the ttm20 for the proto. In the promo shots, they photoshopped a seamless neck. You can see from convention pics that both proto figures had neckless sculpts. With sculpted necks, they weren't able to use either body.

sdcc2014_sideshow_34_zps9e416719.jpg

photo13_zps5454b9ab.jpg

photo12_zps549ff0a8.jpg

The more I look at the figure in hand, the less I feel the need to mod it :lol

Just a random thought but I think HT used either the Man of Steel Superman body or the ttm20 for the proto. In the promo shots, they photoshopped a seamless neck. You can see from convention pics that both proto figures had neckless sculpts. With sculpted necks, they weren't able to use either body.

sdcc2014_sideshow_34_zps9e416719.jpg

photo13_zps5454b9ab.jpg

photo12_zps549ff0a8.jpg

Wow good find. :clap

The more I look at the figure in hand, the less I feel the need to mod it :lol

That is kind of an ironic thing to say after showing these pictures that proves the bodies on the protos were better.

If any of you guys who are complaining about the fit of the suit were also amongst the people who complained that there was a neck seam on the ptoto pics, then you are responsible for the body swap and bad fit of the suit.
:rotfl

I always prefer neckless heads. :gah:

Me too.
But i wasn't among the people complaining at the beginning of the thread.
I have also taken the necks off the heads from this set to fit on necked bodies. Not too hard to do.

Yep. I am sure the first post complaining about the neck seam was post #85.

Me too.
But i wasn't among the people complaining at the beginning of the thread.

Yeah me either as I don't even notice minor details like that.

I have also taken the necks off the heads from this set to fit on necked bodies. Not too hard to do.

Really? It looks hard because arn't necked bodies apart from Reeves and MOS have plastic sculpted necks?

Yep. I am sure the first post complaining about the neck seam was post #85.

I will have take your word on that. :)

I would trade seamless necks for bigger bodies for sure. The seams didn't bother me too much.

Me either it is such a minor thing that you don't really notice too much but the wrong body shape is so obvious, that if they get that wrong, it really brings down the whole figure. A neck seam is just a minor flaw on a figure but I can see why it would bother some.

Back