Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I work the mod again with CA2 face.

DSC_0457.JPG

DSC_0461.JPG

DSC_0465.JPG

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

Share my 1st mod FA captain.
Changed to TA captain body & face, but the face a bit smaller than the original.

So that's the Avengers body in the First Avenger outfit? How's the articulation, especially in the shoulders and elbows? I've been considering switching to a thinner body with better arm articulation, but if the Avengers body works, I may opt for that instead.

And have you considered using the Golden Age helmet on the head? It's smaller than the First Avenger helmet and may fit the Avengers sculpt better.

Oh yeah, awesome mod! :hi5:

People are so stupid. Personally I never watch video reviews, I much prefer the photos. But if you don't like someone's reviews....don't watch it? I don't know, seems simple to me.

People are so stupid. Personally I never watch video reviews, I much prefer the photos. But if you don't like someone's reviews....don't watch it? I don't know, seems simple to me.

People are stupid yes! :lol

It's that people like putting down other people's work, makes them feel better in their insecure lives.

Watch a video, give back some constructive criticism, and move on. People keep poking and making trouble, that's just childish.

I like to watch multiple reviews on a particular figure. I think you get a really nice feel for them in hand while photos tend to lie a considerable amount. To each his own though.

:duff

Honestly, I just don't have the patience to watch a 20-30 minute video on a figure. They're way too long for my attention span. If one was condensed to 5-7 minutes, maybe. But I just can't handle 30 minutes of someone talking about a figure.

But also, I either like figures or I don't and I buy the ones that I like. I have never not bought a figure because of a lack of articulation, or a head sculpt that doesn't look exactly like the actor, etc. I think the only figure I can ever remember photos swaying me on was Hawkeye. I was pretty "meh" on him at first, but after seeing OMG's pics....I absolutely had to have it.

Honestly, I just don't have the patience to watch a 20-30 minute video on a figure. They're way too long for my attention span. If one was condensed to 5-7 minutes, maybe. But I just can't handle 30 minutes of someone talking about a figure.

But also, I either like figures or I don't and I buy the ones that I like. I have never not bought a figure because of a lack of articulation, or a head sculpt that doesn't look exactly like the actor, etc. I think the only figure I can ever remember photos swaying me on was Hawkeye. I was pretty "meh" on him at first, but after seeing OMG's pics....I absolutely had to have it.

I'm the same way. I do watch videos but only occasionally and i do prefer shorter videos over the 30 to 40 minute ones. I like videos just to get a better look a the figure and see if there might be something to look out for before it arrives at my door. I have never bought or canceled a figure from pictures or videos. I know if i want a figure before it goes up for PO.

So that's the Avengers body in the First Avenger outfit?
Yes thats right.

How's the articulation, especially in the shoulders and elbows?
Avengers captain's body is more point of articulation than FA captain.

I've been considering switching to a thinner body with better arm articulation, but if the Avengers body works, I may opt for that instead.

And have you considered using the Golden Age helmet on the head? It's smaller than the First Avenger helmet and may fit the Avengers sculpt better.

Oh yeah, awesome mod! :hi5:

I mod with CA2 head, GA head is too small

Cap definitely looks awesome with a slightly smaller head. I think that's pretty much the main problem with Hot Toys' latest Cap figures--the headsculpt, while it looks great, is just a smidgen too big, so it makes his body look too small.

Back