Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of dredging up stuff that people are long sick of reading about - is anyone willing to tell me what the major ****-up was with this figure? I haven't found anything that makes it clear.

Just curious because it seems to be happening a lot with Hot Toys lately - some really unpleasant surprise when the figure eventually comes out.

I'm not planning on engaging in this anymore. I wish everyone the best of luck. I no longer will be posting my videos on these forums.

At the risk of dredging up stuff that people are long sick of reading about - is anyone willing to tell me what the major ****-up was with this figure? I haven't found anything that makes it clear.

Just curious because it seems to be happening a lot with Hot Toys lately - some really unpleasant surprise when the figure eventually comes out.

The Stealth suit offers very little in terms of articulation. A good portion of the promo pics on Sideshow's site are pretty much impossible to achieve (posing-wise). He looks great, tailoring and paint is top notch, but the padded fat suit coupled with the rubber undershirt render him a statue.

I'm tempted to mod the outfit but I'll probably just leave him in a museum pose anyway.

It is against the rules to post messages received in private to the public forum. Thread cleaned.

I'm not planning on engaging in this anymore. I wish everyone the best of luck. I no longer will be posting my videos on these forums.

I hope you change your mind.
Just my opinion, but you shouldnt take things too personal.
Your videos are public so you should be able to have thicker skin if a critic isnt always positive.
For what its worth, I do like your videos and its always nice to have several of these video reviews available specially on those times when someone is undecided about a figure.

Sometimes, the pictures are not enough, and the video reviews does a good job of giving you a better look of what the figure would look in hand.
I have many times, needed these reviews to help me decide on a figure.
I'm sure there are many people here who appreciate your videos and opinion on a figure.
So I hope you continue to share your videos here.

One thing in life I learned is that you can't please everyone and someone will hate your guts no matter what.

Just keep posting your videos and ignore the haters, my two cents.

I hope you change your mind.
Just my opinion, but you shouldnt take things too personal.
Your videos are public so you should be able to have thicker skin if a critic isnt always positive.
For what its worth, I do like your videos and its always nice to have several of these video reviews available specially on those times when someone is undecided about a figure.

Sometimes, the pictures are not enough, and the video reviews does a good job of giving you a better look of what the figure would look in hand.
I have many times, needed these reviews to help me decide on a figure.
I'm sure there are many people here who appreciate your videos and opinion on a figure.
So I hope you continue to share your videos here.

Well said Remy. This is how I feel also.

:duff

Yeah i dont watch the vids but its good for others who do, but you need to remember its a public video and when people comment publicly about a perceived bias or style then take it for what its is... A comment, dont get so worked up. It only makes things worse

I don't mind criticism guys. I've said time and time again, it's the only way i can hope to grow. I might not always agree with it, but if it's presented to me in a respectful manner, i gladly listen. I've done video reviews for over 7 years....my skin isn't as thick as i'd like and my PR skill greatly are in need of work, but i think i'm fairly thick skinned when it comes to some things. A perceived bias is perfectly fine if you think i have that. If you don't like my style, again, that's perfectly fine if that is what you think.

I can't be the only one that reads Opti's post in his voice and mannerism lmao is like he's legit speaking to us.

Hey O...
Those videos have helped the wait, inspired some poses, warned of pitfalls, shown the highlights and generally been a great part of the community in here. Please keep them coming!

I hope you'll change you mind. Don't let the actions of a select few discourage you.

Hey O...
Those videos have helped the wait, inspired some poses, warned of pitfalls, shown the highlights and generally been a great part of the community in here. Please keep them coming!

:goodpost: Well said.

Please guys, don't turn this into a who's better than who sort of situation. People support me and they support Clipperking. I don't want to see any sort of divide happen and put people against people.

Share my 1st mod FA captain.
Changed to TA captain body & face, but the face a bit smaller than the original.

13%252520-%25252077.jpg

ERI_4042.JPG

ERI_4044.JPG

Back