Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't received a delay notice for my final flex so it looks like within 10 days this pack is mine... hopefully it isn't too disappointing.

Just went and re-read some pages.

Wow... seems like some games are being played with shipping.

I think alot of people are forgetting he wore this suit in the comics, they didn't just decide to make him look all unpatriotic.

That suit is pretty cool, the red is much more prominent, plus his shield was red.

Also, if you're a fan of that suit, someome on here made a pretty nice version of it and you can get a whole kit for $80. It's one of my favorite figures (although I upgraded the leather work on mine by going to Gustavo for new leathers).

IMO the suit and transparent shield alone are worth the $80.

super soldier.jpg

I think alot of people are forgetting he wore this suit in the comics, they didn't just decide to make him look all unpatriotic.

And he's wearing this suit as Steve Rogers Director of SHIELD, not Captain America. That's why I like this suit and I'm angry to Hot Toys because the screwed it up.

My only hope is to get it for a decent price and modifiy it.

Last edited:
I can PM you his email address, if you're ever interested in working with him. Here are a couple of other pieces he did work on for me.

625500_10152814779959460_471098759_n.jpg

1452461_10152769531774460_916188025_n.jpg

Thanks. That's actually the bandana from the Metal Gear figure I think, let me look it up....

It's this one, I just painted them orange and black.

nakedsnake+%u002525284%u00252529.jpg

Can you show me your method where you cut the suit by drawing lines over these pictures please.

Yes I know what you did, but I don't know how you did it. How did you mod the neck?

Hmm ok I thought it was some kind of putty that you molded.

Cut a V shape at the centre of collar on both sides.

2015-01-06-07-23-35_deco.jpg

2015-01-06-07-24-55_deco.jpg

The neck, yes……I forgot to show you guys. Take some pics later after my business trip.

Cut a V shape at the centre of collar on both sides.

2015-01-06-07-23-35_deco.jpg

2015-01-06-07-24-55_deco.jpg

Wow that is a lot easier than Chi-lenn Wong's mod, I am definitely going to try it out. Thanks again! :hi5:

The neck, yes……I forgot to show you guys. Take some pics later after my business trip.

Can't wait! :yess:

Your custom is so good that I am sure some people (myself included) would pay high prices for it because it looks really well done. :clap

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something here, but it looks like someone recently posted content from another member's Private Message, and that is not allowed. So please, refrain from that. If it was posted publicly, then that's fine.

Back