Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amazing display, cdf....

My two cents on the "which suit" discussion...

"FA" is my favorite...it just looked so great in the movie. Also like the "Rescue" version is a great look/figure as well.

Got the "Star Spangled Man" version more as a fan than anything else...

I passed on the "Avengers" version...could never get past that "egghead" look to the helmet and the whole tacky-80s vibe to it...I guess one could say it's the most "comic book" looking of all of them, but....oh well. The completest in me will probably hunt it down at some point...

I also intially passed on the GA version...at first glance, it has so many similarities to the FA version...but I got a good deal on it and am really glad to have it in my collection...it's a striking figure...a more refined version of the FA and it looks great.

The Stealth version just looks really cool...it's the most "character" / "story" - driven design. He was still Captain America, but working as an agent for SHIELD...the uniform is as slick and streamlined as the operations he worked on...and the outfit just worked. I can't wait to have it (and the civvie version) in the collection.

Now this new AOU version....kinda on the fence. I'm sure it'll grow on me but right now, it's screaming "Converse" shoe more than "Captain America" to me (kind of like what Joda mentioned about the "Stealth" suit with the "Nike" reference). It looks....good, but I'm not there yet. I'm sure I'll be hitting the PO button when the time comes though..."Captain's orders" :)

I'm getting this set, will get the AoU Cap and whatever his next version is as well. Can never have too much Cap. Still trying to track down the Rescue Cap as that's one that I regret not getting.

He was Murica before. We're in 2015 now. :D :D

Patriotism doesn't sell now.

Says who? Red, white, and blue is part of his character. No matter how the times change he will always be patriotic, which is what makes him great, he never abandons his beliefs.

It's nice to Cap up there with IM in popularity and in some cases greater. How it should be.

amazing display, cdf....

My two cents on the "which suit" discussion...

"FA" is my favorite...it just looked so great in the movie. Also like the "Rescue" version is a great look/figure as well.

Got the "Star Spangled Man" version more as a fan than anything else...

I passed on the "Avengers" version...could never get past that "egghead" look to the helmet and the whole tacky-80s vibe to it...I guess one could say it's the most "comic book" looking of all of them, but....oh well. The completest in me will probably hunt it down at some point...

I also intially passed on the GA version...at first glance, it has so many similarities to the FA version...but I got a good deal on it and am really glad to have it in my collection...it's a striking figure...a more refined version of the FA and it looks great.

The Stealth version just looks really cool...it's the most "character" / "story" - driven design. He was still Captain America, but working as an agent for SHIELD...the uniform is as slick and streamlined as the operations he worked on...and the outfit just worked. I can't wait to have it (and the civvie version) in the collection.

Now this new AOU version....kinda on the fence. I'm sure it'll grow on me but right now, it's screaming "Converse" shoe more than "Captain America" to me (kind of like what Joda mentioned about the "Stealth" suit with the "Nike" reference). It looks....good, but I'm not there yet. I'm sure I'll be hitting the PO button when the time comes though..."Captain's orders" :)

Your reasons for getting Star Spangled Man contradict your reason for not getting Avengers version. You got SSM for nostalgia, he's very "comic book" more than Avengers look. But you didn't like Avengers comic book 80's look.

I'm getting this set, will get the AoU Cap and whatever his next version is as well. Can never have too much Cap. Still trying to track down the Rescue Cap as that's one that I regret not getting.

:exactly: The only version i do not have is the Star Spangled man. Looking forward to this set, AoU and Cap3 and whatever else HT makes in red, white and blue.

As much as I like the look of the Strike suit, seeing Cap in a suit with no red is like seeing the America flag, but all of the red stripes are blue instead. Something's just not right.

The strike suit has red on it.

I believe his reference is to the torso. The closer they get to the actual comic book one the better. The 40's version was real close but he looks like a pinhead. The Avengers one, the boots and egghead killed it for me. GA versions are okay, but still off. This style is just sleek and stylistic. IMO, although nowhere near the comic book, still th best looking.

The strike suit has a very small dark maroon stripe on each leg. Ok, it's like seeing the US flag where all of the red stripes are blue, and one of the 50 stars is dark maroon. I stand corrected. ;)

It's not the suit that makes the man, it's the man that makes the suit. The stealth suit could be all black and the man inside would still be the same Cap. Granted, the red, white and blue is a very iconic look, but it is one of many for this do-gooder.

It's not the suit that makes the man, it's the man that makes the suit. The stealth suit could be all black and the man inside would still be the same Cap. Granted, the red, white and blue is a very iconic look, but it is one of many for this do-gooder.

I'm pretty sure it's just s true type with custom sculpt and hands in all the suits.

I think alot of people are forgetting he wore this suit in the comics, they didn't just decide to make him look all unpatriotic.

You must have cut the suit off to get to the shoulders to add the extra sculpted bits you added. If you didn't cut it off I would love to know how you did it.

I am guessing he would of just bought the suit off ebay like I did and put it on that modded body of his, that is what I would of done if I didn't have to mod the neck.

I plan on doing your mod, Darkavatar's mod, and
Chi-lenn Wong's mod from the OSR tutorial. After all that this already great figure will be taken to the next level. :yess:

Speaking of my mod, I am not sure if cutting some of the area out of the front of the torso is a good or bad thing now. I know just leaving the front area of the pecs and cutting out the front ab area, makes the pecs stand out more but is this accurate to how he looked in the costume? :dunno

This is how mine looks now as I managed to pull the fat suit down to cover the bottom of the pecs, since I cut it too high the first time.

Pecs really stand out on profile.

I want to do Chi-lenn Wong's mod from the OSR tutorial, so the shoulders on mine can look like this.

However, going these pics it looks hard, as there are no real guide lines, you just have to cut the pactches out a certain distance from where the suit is sewed on to the rubber. :(

Last edited:
I think alot of people are forgetting he wore this suit in the comics, they didn't just decide to make him look all unpatriotic.

Wow, I knew he wore something like that in the comics, but I had no idea how much they based it off the comics. It's really quite a heavy influence.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

So you cut patches out of the rubber suit?

Yeah can please show us how you did that mod?
Yes, I cut it on centre of the collar, simply than OSR facebook method.

Regarding the modifcation of body, I mentioned which body & parts I used with pics at before, please search my previous reply.
One more thing to share is the material for enlarged shoulder is Tamiya epoxy putty.

You must have cut the suit off to get to the shoulders to add the extra sculpted bits you added. If you didn't cut it off I would love to know how you did it. I plan on doing your mod, Darkavatar's mod, and
Chi-lenn Wong's mod from the OSR tutorial. After all that this already great figure will be taken to the next level. :yess:

Cut the suit for increase articulation only, you can enlarge the shoulder without cutting the suit. Try it you can know more how to make your captain looks good.

Yes, I cut it on centre of the collar, simply than OSR facebook method.

Can you show me your method where you cut the suit by drawing lines over these pictures please.

Regarding the modifcation of body, I mentioned which body & parts I used with pics at before, please search my previous reply.

Yes I know what you did, but I don't know how you did it. How did you mod the neck?

One more thing to share is the material for enlarged shoulder is Tamiya epoxy putty.

Hmm ok I thought it was some kind of putty that you molded.

Last edited:
Back