Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call them up, talk with them, make sure you have a record of everything in case there's a slip up down the road. Your NRD transfer goes to another figure of your choice and will be deducted from payments, not from their NRD if they have one.

Looks good. But just like any current head with an older body is that the head is disproportionately big for the body. Just picture him wearing a helmet. He will look like a bobblehead or one of those Egghead figures.

It's just on the photo.
It's strange because in real life it looks better than the pictures. ;)

It's just on the photo.
It's strange because in real life it looks better than the pictures. ;)

Going by your pictures he's about 7.5 heads tall and about 2.3 wide at the shoulders, so ideal human proportions.

The problem with those is they look less than impressive in photos and drawings, hence why most renditions of the male form are idealised to about 8 heads tall and 2.7 heads wide at the shoulders...

Call them up, talk with them, make sure you have a record of everything in case there's a slip up down the road. Your NRD transfer goes to another figure of your choice and will be deducted from payments, not from their NRD if they have one.
Thanks guys for the info. Unfortunately it's the weekend so I have to wait until Monday. I only have the stealth Cap so no nrd. I had 3 flex pays with one left and I rather much put that amount towards another figure

I was planning on getting Cap from this, but I've decided against it. I might get WS or Falcon instead. Else my Widow will look lonely. Gonna wait for AOU Cap.

Thing is...other than having the credit to initially pick up these figures to review and then maybe sell them just to get your Chanel going, there is absolutely 0 magic to what they do...I appreciate it because it gives a live visual of how the figure articulates, but they really are not doing anything hard or special other than talking about a toy...kudos to them having built a following and because of it earning some income I guess.

Maybe me being a photographer, makes me bias, but I'm far more blown away by Jingobells photo "review" like that **** takes WORK and looks amazing.

Sorry but it is hard work. I work 70-80 hours week. This isn't just me earning "some income"...it's my business. I've built it from the ground up and i've worked very hard to get the success i've gotten. You're right, the initial pick up of a figure is important. But that is were the work just begins. From there you have to work on the product you're going to put out. As a photographer, you know how hard it is to set up shots to get things perfect in your eyes. I do the same. A 15 minute video will require several hours of editing before i put it online. Even after the video is done, there is more work such as promotion. Which is tedious and time consuming. There isn't any magic involved, but there is hard work. And hard work is what makes someone successful at this. Everything behind the scenes though, if it's done right, looks easy when you're watching it. So since that is how you view it, i'm doing my job right. I don't ask you to recognize my work as difficult. I only mention this as a way to give you a bit of information on the process. As i said, being successful doesn't involve magic, but it does involve the work needed to make something successful. At any rate, i'm glad you enjoy videos in any capacity. As the overall point is to help people out.

I think the Stealth suit, while not the iconic outfit, is still the best outfit. Only one I plan to get. There, I said it!

I still think the First Avenger suit is the best, but after that, the Stealth suit is my easily my second favorite from the movies... so far. Hopefully the Civil War suit is an improvement from the AoU suit. If I didn't already have FA Cap (and an unmasked head sculpt), I totally would've gone for this two pack.

I still think the First Avenger suit is the best, but after that, the Stealth suit is my easily my second favorite from the movies... so far. Hopefully the Civil War suit is an improvement from the AoU suit. If I didn't already have FA Cap (and an unmasked head sculpt), I totally would've gone for this two pack.

TFA version is the most iconic imho, I don't have it but I think I'll get it eventually... its inevitable

Back