Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the shoulders on Hyatts mod, but I really like the way his chest and core look on your mod. So combined I think he'd look pretty close to perfect. :wink1:

Thanks again for the compliment but I see no reason to do my Mod when hyatt's one is perfect! Guess mine can be modded with what you have whereas hyatt's one you have to get another body.

I can almost guarantee the delays are due to the issues at the docks in Long Beach. Sideshow stated in an email about a delay with the Poison Ivy PF that they have twelve containers of product on the dock waiting to be unloaded. I would bet that this is among them.

The email:

Thank you for pre-ordering the Poison Ivy Premium Format Figure with us.

I’m writing today about an issue that Sideshow has encountered that will delay the delivery of your item. Sideshow receives all of our items from China via containers shipped into the Port of Long Beach. These containers are then trucked to Sideshow’s warehouse where they are shipped out to our collectors. Unfortunately, the Port of Long Beach is experiencing serious delays due to a work slowdown caused by dock workers looking to influence contract negotiations.

Currently, Sideshow has more than twelve containers of product stuck at the port. Your Poison Ivy figure is in one of them and unfortunately we are not being told when the containers are going to be released.

We originally expected delivery of the container to Sideshow on December 17th, the day we charged your item, however it was never delivered to us. We hope to receive more containers within the next few weeks and will ship orders as soon as they arrive.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused and will extend a credit of $20 to your online account, in the form of 400 Rewards points. You can redeem your credit at any time after it has been posted.

If you would like to cancel your order because of this delay then please contact us via email or phone and we will promptly issue you a refund.

We appreciate your patience as we wait for the port to expedite container movement and make deliveries. We will continue to keep you updated with the latest information about your item.

Best regards,

Robin Selvaggi
VP E-Commerce

I like the shoulders on Hyatts mod, but I really like the way his chest and core look on your mod. So combined I think he'd look pretty close to perfect. :wink1:

Thanks once again for the compliment, perhaps the chest looks better on mine because it has padding. :dunno

I agree that the shoulders look amazing on Hyatts mod, I didn't think I could fix this issue but maybe I will go take another look again and see if I can create that broad shoulder look.

So is SSC gonna issue rewards points to everyone who ordered figures that were delayed?...that would be nice 400 points per item

Awesome mods, Hyatt and Darkavatar! Thanks a lot for sharing. Hyatt, how much did the deltoid expansion affect articulation? With the fabric being stretched out more, is there still enough give for the arms to move around? It's hard for me to tell from videos just how tight the sleeves are out of box, other than that it appears Cap can't do the "YMCA" dance ('wouldn't be very stealthy anyway). Thanks for the info!

So is SSC gonna issue rewards points to everyone who ordered figures that were delayed?...that would be nice 400 points per item

I suspect the rewards points were given because final payment had been charged and they were unable to ship in a timely manner. I wouldn't expect to see any bonus points if they haven't charged your final payment.

I'm just getting STRIKE Cap and my last flex pay was just bumped to April. Gonna take 4 months to get those containers, or is something else afoot? I mean, really, 4 months?

I'm just getting STRIKE Cap and my last flex pay was just bumped to April. Gonna take 4 months to get those containers, or is something else afoot? I mean, really, 4 months?

Yeah, 4 months just for shipping issues seems too extreme.

Yeah, 4 months just for shipping issues seems too extreme.

i also got an E Mail that it is pushed back to march. wouldnt have ordered via sideshow if i would have known that it takes 4 months to receive it after it got released in Hongkong.

Falcon was also pushed back March - April but Star Lord is still set for January release. Would of thought that if he was with the Captain America batch it would also be held in port. What do you guys think??

ARI_0926.JPG

ARI_0931.jpg

ARI_0928.JPG

ARI_0929.JPG

ARI_0927.JPG

ARI_0930.JPG

Great job!!!

Can you explain how you did it?

Just being nice? While a date is never a guarantee everyone was expecting it this month, final payments being charged, etc.

Are people getting emails saying they're receiving points? I got a delay email but nothing about points.

Back