Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, this is what I mod to my captain

1419931156879.jpg

1418873409436.jpg

May you show us some pictures with costume?

HT has gone back and fix problems with later batches of a release before in the past, so I hope they are trying to revise it.

It's likely all the import issues they're having. Think they're just covering their asses for when this doesnt drop for another two months. Urg.

The two pack says Feb/Mar and the Strike figure alone says Mar/April.

Incidentally, Star Lord still says January. Hmmmm....

The two pack says Feb/Mar and the Strike figure alone says Mar/April.

Incidentally, Star Lord still says January. Hmmmm....

Yeah, this is pretty odd considering Cap came out first in HK. Maybe they are indeed fixing the issues, since shipping issues would mean Star Lord would be pushed back first. It's just curious that the single figure is coming later than the two pack.

So all we need to do is combine Darkavatar and Hyatt's mods and we're golden :yess:

Ok so I finally modded the fat suit, first I just cut the out ab area out as RiggsMcClane suggested but this was ineffective to change the shape of the torso, since the fat suit makes the shape of the entire torso straight regardless where it is cut. So the only way to fix this was to cut the front area of the fat suit off all the way up to the arm pits, whilst leaving the sides and back portion of it intact. By just leaving the back portion and sides intact, the suit could then sit flush against the the sides of the torso and thus, not change the shape of the torso but instead take on the shape of the torso.

Now I know this is not the perfect V shape as the prototype but at least it looks like a normal torso now. Anyway here are pics of the finished product.

Close up of Torso

Torso and arms

Body overall

Although the arms are big, he still doesn't look big overall because of that dam torso! :gah:

I was looking at my Christoper Reeve Superman and I thought to myself that looks like the same torso used on the Captain America prototype, as it has a perfect V shape with very narrow waist and wide lats. So I take back what I said, the body on the proto is different to the final product, not sure if the shoulders are broader on the proto but the torso on the final product is definitely not the same shape as torso on the proto. Although this figure can never look as good as the proto, it can now look decent when you fix up the torso by removing certain areas of the fat suit.

1419931156879.jpg

1418873409436.jpg

Well that's just peachy ....because I really only want star lord asap......I switched this guy to flex pay

I personally think this mod looks fantastic dude. I think it looks like Chris' body shape too. I don't think it looks skinny at all, but that's just from pics. I wonder how it looks in hand.

Thanks man, it is the first time I have ever modded anything.

As far as him being skinny well he isn't skinny exactly but I wouldn't call him big like the prototype looks, but actually in hand he looks bigger than he does in pictures. The key is to get the best V shape you can, whist reducing the size of the torso at the same time, so it makes the arms appear as big as possible.

Nice mod Steve. I think you got it right.
If I recall correctly when watching the movie's behind the scene featurette, The guy that plays Falson made a comment how he was jealous of Evan's physique cause Chris was massive but had a really small waist.
So he teased him calling him Captain No-Ass or something like that. lol.

I think your mod is close to Evan's physique.
Definitely an improvement.

Thanks Fernando, I was on the fence about getting this but after doing this mod I will most likely pick up the set! :)

Wow, that looks amazing.

If you don't mind could you explain in more detail exactly what you cut away and what you left in tact. I want to replicate exactly what you did on my own figure.

Thanks.

Thanks for the complement, glad you liked it. Hopefully these pictures will aid in explaining what I did. First I removed the ab section completely, so keep cutting until you reach the end of the ab area.

Front

Back

Then I cut along the sides of the fat suit where the line is here, where the arrow is pointing, which split the fat suit into two.

Now the back area was able to sit flush against the torso.

And here is what is left of the fat suit on the back, which should be the same amount as the front.

Last edited:

1419931156879.jpg

1418873409436.jpg

What body is that?

OMG that is amazing! :horror

Way to show me up hyatt, this puts my mod to shame.

BTW was it is easy to get that suit on?

So all we need to do is combine Darkavatar and Hyatt's mods and we're golden :yess:

Thanks again for the compliment but I see no reason to do my Mod when hyatt's one is perfect! Guess mine can be modded with what you have whereas hyatt's one you have to get another body.

Last edited:
Back