Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I finally modded the fat suit, first I just cut the out ab area out as RiggsMcClane suggested but this was ineffective to change the shape of the torso, since the fat suit makes the shape of the entire torso straight regardless where it is cut. So the only way to fix this was to cut the front area of the fat suit off all the way up to the arm pits, whilst leaving the sides and back portion of it intact. By just leaving the back portion and sides intact, the suit could then sit flush against the the sides of the torso and thus, not change the shape of the torso but instead take on the shape of the torso.

Now I know this is not the perfect V shape as the prototype but at least it looks like a normal torso now. Anyway here are pics of the finished product.

Close up of Torso

Torso and arms

Body overall

Although the arms are big, he still doesn't look big overall because of that dam torso! :gah:

I was looking at my Christoper Reeve Superman and I thought to myself that looks like the same torso used on the Captain America prototype, as it has a perfect V shape with very narrow waist and wide lats. So I take back what I said, the body on the proto is different to the final product, not sure if the shoulders are broader on the proto but the torso on the final product is definitely not the same shape as torso on the proto. Although this figure can never look as good as the proto, it can now look decent when you fix up the torso by removing certain areas of the fat suit.

Last edited:
Despite everything I have read on this thread, I'm still very excited about stealth Cap. I have it on preorder at HLJ and I can't wait to finally receive it and display it with the rest of my figures :yess:

You and me both. Can't wait to have this one in hand. :hi5:

:exactly: Can't wait to finally get this set either...Been looking forward to this one for some time!!

Talk to the union port workers in Los Angeles. Pretty sure they've had it for awhile.

View attachment 155222

Careful what you say about dock workers. I work for the port of Virginia and if they are as backed up as we are with all the containers that have come into port lately it may be a while. We are so overloaded here they had to leave the containers on the pier cause there was no space to put them. Try unloading a 2800 move ship with over 1200 discharge and no place to put the boxes.

Ok so I finally modded the fat suit, first I just cut the out ab area out as RiggsMcClane suggested but this was ineffective to change the shape of the torso, since the fat suit makes the shape of the entire torso straight regardless where it is cut. So the only way to fix this was to cut the front area of the fat suit off all the way up to the arm pits, whilst leaving the sides and back portion of it intact. By just leaving the back portion and sides intact, the suit could then sit flush against the the sides of the torso and thus, not change the shape of the torso but instead take on the shape of the torso.

Now I know this is not the perfect V shape as the prototype but at least it looks like a normal torso now. Anyway here are pics of the finished product.

Close up of Torso

Torso and arms

Body overall

Although the arms are big, he still doesn't look big overall because of that dam torso! :gah:

I was looking at my Christoper Reeve Superman and I thought to myself that looks like the same torso used on the Captain America prototype, as it has a perfect V shape with very narrow waist and wide lats. So I take back what I said, the body on the proto is different to the final product, not sure if the shoulders are broader on the proto but the torso on the final product is definitely not the same shape as torso on the proto. Although this figure can never look as good as the proto, it can now look decent when you fix up the torso by removing certain areas of the fat suit.

I personally think this mod looks fantastic dude. I think it looks like Chris' body shape too. I don't think it looks skinny at all, but that's just from pics. I wonder how it looks in hand.

Close up of Torso

Torso and arms

Body overall

Nice mod Steve. I think you got it right.
If I recall correctly when watching the movie's behind the scene featurette, The guy that plays Falson made a comment how he was jealous of Evan's physique cause Chris was massive but had a really small waist.
So he teased him calling him Captain No-Ass or something like that. lol.

I think your mod is close to Evan's physique.
Definitely an improvement.

Second that. Good fix. It makes more sense now that we know it's partly a fit issue after the fat suit is removed.

Hi all, this is what I mod to my captain

1419931156879.jpg

1418873409436.jpg

Attachments

• 1419931156879.jpg
    1419931156879.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 450
Final flex pay is next month. Soon I will have this set in hand. Very excited! Don't think I will be making any mods myself. Just put em' In the best pose possible, and make room in the case. Need to get a new detolf soon though too. May have to wait to display Steve Rogers later as I don't have room now for my display plans for him.

Sweet mods, definitely accomplished the v-shape needed for this figure's torso. What's lacking here is the shoulder padding. Just frustrating that HT didn't bother adding that into the suit, would've made a world of a difference. The suit in the movie definitely had rigid components underneath the shoulder area and gave Evans extra width; HT could've incorporated some plastic cups into the suit to accomplish the same effect. Having said that, any savvy hobbyist might be able to mod their suit in this manner, though not sure if there's enough room under the fabric, seems a bit tight already around the shoulders.

Wow, that looks amazing.

If you don't mind could you explain in more detail exactly what you cut away and what you left in tact. I want to replicate exactly what you did on my own figure.

Thanks.

Close up of Torso

Torso and arms

Body overall

If I understood him correctly he cut all but the back half of the fat suit off. Dark, this needs a vid tutorial for sure. :wink1:

Back