Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im hoping I can pick up a civilian Steve on ebay as im not diggin that STRIKE suit Cap at all.

The Stealth suit body has a fat suit on it...which is smoothing out the body...no definition...it looks like both are the same body underneath...the raw nude bodies are for sale on Ebay...and there is a fat suit on one of them - the one listed as stealth body...should fix the problem if the fat suit is removed...

The Stealth suit body has a fat suit on it...which is smoothing out the body...no definition...it looks like both are the same body underneath...the raw nude bodies are for sale on Ebay...and there is a fat suit on one of them - the one listed as stealth body...should fix the problem if the fat suit is removed...

But won't it lose a little puffiness if you remove the suit and he will look skinnier?

Yeah but if you use the GA torso the suit will be more tighter and give him that muscular look, since the suit is tailored to a body with padding, you need a bigger torso, otherwise the suit will look too big if you just remove the padding.

I know it won't look better if you just took off the padding. My suggestion was to fiddle with the suit a bit to make a tighter fit, but looking at the parted top of the suit (thanks for posting that, by the way), I'm not sure it'd help. The inner top looks stretchy, but the outer top doesn't, so it may not look visibly more defined even if you take out the padding (or if you use a larger torso). Still, it's hard to say anything certain without having these figures in hand.

Its hard not to have more than one Cap, and this set is just perfect

These figures will give you a lot of options, so I guess you have BW too? she's the only TWS figure I have for now... she is there alone waiting for the guys :lol

Haha, I don't even have BW yet. :lol I had it on preorder with a coupon at Sideshow, but I'm waiting for the price to go down some more (come on, holiday discounts!). And I'm even doing the same for the Winter Soldier, so it'll be a while before I get either of those two in hand. As for the 2-pack, it would be pretty fun (and make my collection Cap-heavy), but I'll wait to see what the general response is.

Other than this set, what other TWS figures do you have on preorder?

Yeeeah, we could have used a real BD shield and not the one we got. My first Cap and he wont even have a proper shield. lol

Evans is big, with broad shoulders but not the same kind of physique as Arnold.

Key word being big.

Will learn to love it.

View attachment 147673

View attachment 147674

Looks almost like a movie still here, great job.

View attachment 147675

View attachment 147676

It looks ok not horrible but ok.

But won't it lose a little puffiness if you remove the suit and he will look skinnier?

Yeah that is what I said.

I know it won't look better if you just took off the padding. My suggestion was to fiddle with the suit a bit to make a tighter fit, but looking at the parted top of the suit (thanks for posting that, by the way), I'm not sure it'd help.

No worries man. :wink1:

The inner top looks stretchy, but the outer top doesn't, so it may not look visibly more defined even if you take out the padding (or if you use a larger torso).

Yeah but I just thought that the suit would have a tighter fit using a larger torso but if the inner top is too stretchy then that means it will stretch and thus, be baggy on even a larger torso right?

Still, it's hard to say anything certain without having these figures in hand.

Now that's true, I guess, now we just have to wait for someone that has the balls to customize this. :horror

Last edited:
I am 100% definitely doing that to one of my $28 metal Ebay shields, once I get my WS figure. Looks FANTASTIC.

And yes you should commission them for people who don't do their own painting. ;)

Yeah but I just thought that the suit would have a tighter fit using a larger torso but if the inner top is too stretchy then that means it will stretch and thus, be baggy on even a larger torso right?

Now that's true, I guess, now we just have to wait for someone that has the balls to customize this. :horror

We'll have to wait and see, but I don't think Hot Toys would use a stretchy material that doesn't shrink back to its original size. It looks rather thick, and the new Spidey figure shows that HT can make good (thin) stretchy material. However, depending on how snug it currently fits on the padded body, it might be a bit loose on the non-padded torso (even if it shrinks back down to size).

One point that might have escaped attention concerns the pants. The padding expands the waist, so removing that (or maybe even moving to another torso) may affect how the pants fit. I forget who mentioned it before, but removing the ab padding may turn out to be the best/simplest mod.

guys, can't understand - now I see several Steve Roger's listings on ebay and some of them have a real pics and it says that item is IN STOCK. i'm rather new here, does it mean that the Cap is already in stock?!

Hot Toys is based in Hong Kong, typically figures come out in HK about a month before Sideshow has them. This came out a few days ago in HK, so for them it is in stock. Some people in the US will buy figures from HK sellers on Ebay just so they can get them sooner.

Thank you very much. :panic:
Can anyone tell me - if I will mix the heads - I wanna put Steve's head on stealth body, can I put for example, Thor's head to his 2nd body? And will it looks ok with this and can I put Thor's clothes to Cap's civilian body?
Sorry again for my newbie questions, I'm really shy :pray:

Back