Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one's mentioned yet how the hair on Rogers HS is way too brown...? Or is that lighting too? :dunno Damn those lights...

Thanks to Hippie for the info. Already being parted out on eBay.

caphead1.jpg

caphead2.JPG

caphead3.jpg

caphead4.jpg

I'm actually liking the product. It does look like Chris Evans and that's way better then the Avengers version I have right now. The prototype looked a bit buffer but from the pics of the final piece, I'm fine with it myself. One thing I'm not certain about is if there are just one or two maskless headsculpts? Personally I would want two as I would have normal Steve and Stealth suit Steve both with just the face.

Well, theres the culprit of the undefined torso. So they used the same two bodies but padded out one? If they'd built up the chest even a little bit it wouldn't have looked like he was in a girdle.

I don't understand why HT would even use padding and not a bigger torso. Is it just a cost saver?

Is it a huge pain in the ass to just switch out torsos on these figures? Never customized before.

I don't understand why HT would even use padding and not a bigger torso. Is it just a cost saver?

Is it a huge pain in the ass to just switch out torsos on these figures? Never customized before.

Chris Evans's bodytype might be in that weird middle ground - not as ripped and heavily-muscled like an Arnold in his prime but obviously not like Andrew Garfield's.

That's why I suggested using a little more padding in the chest and biceps and designing the suit around that. Was this a problem on the Avengers Cap?

Depending on body, it's either easy or very difficult.

Evans may not be 80s Arnold big but he's definitely 90s Arnold big.

dlkw1v.jpg

The guy's a tank and the fact that he's naturally very wide makes him look even bigger.

The figure lacks the V-shape and the volume of his muscles basically robbing him of his imposing status. Padding the chest and arms won't be enough.

Hopefully mods with altogether bigger bodies can be done without damaging the suit soon after release.

Um... are you drunk right now? Seriously...

It looks EXACTLY like him.

This is why I stick up for Hot Toys against the negative posts, because of ridiculous comments like this one.

Yes, it looks spot on..I am a big fan of chris Evans. .and I can definitely see him in that sculpt. both heads are very well done

Personally I think everyone should have their say, but it becomes annoying if someone goes on and on about it. There's certain people that will still complain about a figure they didn't like months or years after it's released. After I've read their critique a dozen times, I don't need to see it again. I think the threads would flow a lot better if people said their piece (over a reasonable number of posts and with back and forth when warranted) and then moved on. It's like the movie threads where you have a couple people that hate X movie and just won't let it go. Very boring and sometimes annoying to read.

This was the first post I read, completely agree and I see no reason to play catch up since it's clear the titty babies are out in full force. :goodpost: :exactly:

This is a situation that shows Hot Toys makes absolutely no sense. This was a figure that needed no tampering at all, and yet they went and messed with the torso.

Just sculpt muscle groups to Lats, Biceps and Chest for a Better looking figure or switch to a figure better proportioned?

Head looks DAMN fine and the Uniform IS Amazing. Lets hope it does NOT interfere with articulation as the TFA and Avengers uniforms did. Though some water and Stretched poses cured that issue.

I'm disappointed in the STRIKE suit Cap. I was really looking forward to it too. I already have GA Cap, I may just get Winter Soldier(maybe Falcon) to go with my GA Cap and just move onto AoU.

Back