Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my set in today. Here are some quick shots. Loving the Stealth Cap, with no issues on mine so far. I don't have pics of the Rogers fig though, as I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell him, and don't want to take him out of the box. Great fig, but I want to sell him to get Falcon.

A quick (read: terrible) shot of my two secret avengers. These guys look bad ass together.

IMG_20150320_200740_zpse5c4fd0f.jpg

Gave the blue under suit some quick cuts,but other than that rogers is stock.

Today I added two rubberbands to the midsection of Cap. I did not cut the fat suit or anything else. To me, he doesn't look a lot different, what steps am I missing? I'm trying to find the old post about the mod, but haven't come across it yet.

Today I added two rubberbands to the midsection of Cap. I did not cut the fat suit or anything else. To me, he doesn't look a lot different, what steps am I missing? I'm trying to find the old post about the mod, but haven't come across it yet.

I tried the rubberbands also but I didn't make any noticeable difference. I think to really notice something a body swap or sculpting is required.

Great pics. I'm noticing though that your cap has a rub next to the A on his helmet. Mine has the same exact mark in the same exact spot. Is everyone's like this?

Mine is the same as well. Also, if you look at the product packaging, it's on there as well.

Seems as if when they were painted they were not given ample time to dry before packaging:gah:

It's weathering. Put there on purpose.

The fact that its so consistent between figures seems to point that way, but it really does just look like a paint rub. Doesn't look very good. Definitely, not their most convincing weathering.

I'm guessing it is on purpose as well, because the 2nd helmet...for cap to hold while using the Rogers head on the cap body has the same mark on the exact same spot.

Is there a way to adjust the straps of the shield so he can grip it without it falling off his arm?!?!

Just pop the large strap up over his gauntlet. It will sit tight there.

Yeah tried that. Problem is the glove hand is too open and doesn't really grip the smaller strap so it starts to slide down. I'm thinking of swapping out the gloves for another pair that has an actual gripping hand and more flared out wrists that will cover the lower arms of the suit better will help. Jeez this figure has so many issues.

Thanks to The Reviewerking for the mod tutorial. I've never modded a figure ever, but I felt compelled to do so because I could not NOT like this figure. The arms fall much more naturally now.

Back