Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Yeah man it's just personal preference for me, I would rather be like you though and be content with the figure as it is because modding it is a pain in the ass. :gah:

If I was getting this figure I wouldn't mod it either.

If I was getting this figure I wouldn't mod it either.
Yeah I wouldn't switch bodies or anything major like that. If anything I might remove the fat suit but I saw a few comments saying that doesn't make much difference.

Yeah I wouldn't switch bodies or anything major like that.

I would switch bodies if the body itself didn't have to be modded, but I wouldn't get a body like Reeves one and chop off the neck and insert a neck stick part. Other than not wanting to do it, I just don't have the skill to do something like that and thus, I know I would **** it up.

If anything I might remove the fat suit but I saw a few comments saying that doesn't make much difference.

So far that is the only major thing I have done, well parts of it I have removed to get a more natural shape. I wouldn't remove the whole thing because it is responsible for bulking him up in certain parts. If you remove it he will be very skinny, but apparently the articulation is better for some reason. Cutting the rubber shirt in certain parts prevents his arms from hanging down like an orangutan and also helps with articulation to, but that mod is quite hard to do, without messing it up.

Yeah, I'm sort of on the fence about modding mine when it comes in. Sometimes I think it looks just fine as is and other times horrendous body wise. :gah:

I had comments on the Reeve body on my Super Soldier Cap that the body was too small(It looks great in person, but manages to look too skinny on camera). You might be able to get Roadblock or Barney Ross as better substitutes. Your Reeve body will always fetch a good price, or work for other customs.
I am not sure if the Reeve body would work, even with the normal neck removed. But there's a relatively easy way to find out.

B0D497D3-5967-4C7D-9ACB-7D49D009E01A.jpg

4ED51FE7-0E12-4B19-809E-176ED3CAB710.jpg

48119C03-31A3-4945-A567-9547A310E420.jpg

Hahahahahaha that tiny body and the cross-eyed giant head, holy **** I can't breath.

This figure continues to impress me! Def one of Hot Toy's best. I'm so happy with it that I'm not even thinking of modding it. I've modded many other figures, but I really feel as if it looks great as it is.

de2c87e405e9a1a2d5af645706f77347.jpg

I have to agree with you - I guess I can see what others are complaining about (though even in the movie - which I've seen at least a dozen times - Chris looks different; sometimes his chest and shoulders are so broad it looks cartoony). The pictures and videos I've seen are just making more anxious to get it. (My only strong concern is the business with the "unfinished" cuffs.)

I can't wait to get it!

I have to agree with you - I guess I can see what others are complaining about (though even in the movie - which I've seen at least a dozen times - Chris looks different; sometimes his chest and shoulders are so broad it looks cartoony). The pictures and videos I've seen are just making more anxious to get it. (My only strong concern is the business with the "unfinished" cuffs.)

I can't wait to get it!

Unfinished cuffs? What do you mean?

It comes with just one, but it looks pretty finalized to me.

Your anticipation will be rewarded with an awesome smile when you finally see it, trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received this guy on monday! :yess:

I love the figure except for two details: the limited articulation of the arms (I can live with it) and the too short sleeves with unfinished cuffs. With Winter Soldier I was able to fix the length of the right sleeve adding a bit of cloth (in the movie it shows that he's wearing a t-shirt under the leather jacket so I tried to replicate this) but I really don't know how I will fix this issue in Cap's case...

But I really like the figure as a whole! It looks awesome with Black Widow and Winter Soldier.
I'll try to take some pics today :)

I received this guy on monday! :yess:

I love the figure except for two details: the limited articulation of the arms (I can live with it) and the too short sleeves with unfinished cuffs. With Winter Soldier I was able to fix the length of the right sleeve adding a bit of cloth (in the movie it shows that he's wearing a t-shirt under the leather jacket so I tried to replicate this) but I really don't know how I will fix this issue in Cap's case...

But I really like the figure as a whole! It looks awesome with Black Widow and Winter Soldier.
I'll try to take some pics today :)

Having held the figure in hand, what're your thoughts on the upper body proportions and fitting of the suit itself?

Having held the figure in hand, what're your thoughts on the upper body proportions and fitting of the suit itself?

He looks wide enough for me (even the helmeted head looks a bit short neck wise imo).

As it has been said before, I think that the problem is the tailoring/cloth of the suit and inner suit that doesn't show any body or muscle shape making the torso look quite flat.

I took some pics of Cap with my other CA:TWS crew, I'll post some soon.

Back