Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am debating weather I should get tho set now or wait, with the trend with these hot toys lately it seems that this won't sell out anytime soon so I might swell wait and get discounts later.

I preordered the single figure for $200 using a monthly promo code, but it, as well as the two-pack, will probably be even cheaper a year from now.

I preordered the single figure for $200 using a monthly promo code, but it, as well as the two-pack, will probably be even cheaper a year from now.

I think you are right, with Avengers 2 right around summer time. By that time a new Cap will be announced.

Love the suit, will be my first Cap. Not the classic look, but damn, it looks tight.

Cap2-new-costume.jpg

I have a TFA Cap, and I'm pretty happy with that as my lone Cap figure. The AoU outfit doesn't appeal to me, but the Stealth outfit looks great. If the Stealth Cap figure actually had muted gray and red colors like in the movie, I'd totally pick it up. Maybe the final production version will come out closer to the movie (and less like the prototype).

This will be my first Cap figure.

Same here. I wanted the Avengers version. Wasn't crazy about the unmasked head sculpt. But you can't beat the STRIKE suit. And I love the movie. Getting the two pack just for the unmasked sculpt.

I figure I'll get the Avengers 2 instead of the Avengers version because it's the best of both suits. But I haven't figured out a display for both yet.

I own every Cap Hot Toys has made except Golden Age Cap - which I won't purchase. Since Evans will probably die in CIVIL WAR I see the collection ending with eight figures:

Star Spangled Man (MMS205)
Rescue Version (MMS180)
The First Avenger Suit (MMS156)
Avengers Suit (MMS174)
Stealth Suit (MMS242)
Steve Rogers/Civies (MMS243)
Age of Ultron Suit
Civil War Suit

Its still hard to believe AVENGERS INFINITY I & II probably won't feature the big three (Cap, Tony, Thor). Guess we'll have to make do with Strange/Cumberbatch, Panther/Boseman and whoever ends up playing Carol Danvers (hopefully Jessica Biel).

What? Evans, Downey, and Hemsworth are all signed on for Avengers 3

Last I heard Downey had one film left in his contract after Age of Ultron and that's CIVIL WAR. Evans has two but he might get killed off during CIVIL WAR. Hemsworth has two and Thor: Ragnarok is one of them.

The new roster they're setting up for the INFINITY films seems to be:

Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman)
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
Widow (Scarlett Johansson)
Vision (Paul Bettany)
Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)
Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor Johnson)

Last I heard Downey had one film left in his contract after Age of Ultron and that's CIVIL WAR. Evans has two but he might get killed off during CIVIL WAR. Hemsworth has two and Thor: Ragnarok is one of them.

Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
Vision (Paul Bettany)

So you only have proof that IronMan is gonna miss out in AIW pt 1 yet he has stated that he would like to return n it's in Marvel's court.

You have stipulated that Cap will be killed off in Civil War yet we have no plot to go off on besides the comic which Marvel isn't afraid to divert away from.

And Thor will just not show up?

:dunno

Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
Vision (Paul Bettany)

Wrong....Downey's role in Civil War was a new negotiation in addition to Avengers 2 & 3.

Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
Captain Marvel
Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner)
Vision (Paul Bettany)

If that's the roster, we might as well kiss our world goodbye cause Thanos will wreck these guys.

I don't understand how we can talk about Infinity Wars without discussing Adam Warlock. He hasn't been mentioned specifically as part of the Marvel plan and he won't get his own movie, but he will be critical.

I don't understand how we can talk about Infinity Wars without discussing Adam Warlock. He hasn't been mentioned specifically as part of the Marvel plan and he won't get his own movie, but he will be critical.

He should take center stage in Guardians of The Galaxy 2.

Back