Hot Toys MMS243 - 1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS243 - CA:TWS - Captain America & Steve Rogers [Official Spec + Pics

Where is it listed at $270?

This is absolutely the best thing that could happen for me with the figures from this film

Gonna order TWS as well now
The set is selling for HKD 2100 which converts to $270. Add the mark up that Sideshow adds and I'm betting it'll be around $350. Or $310 if we're lucky.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 242\243 - CA:TWS - Captain America & Steve Rogers [Spec + Pics]

Wow, I was waiting for a better likeness of Evans before purchasing Captain America. I'm going to wait for the final product image before making a decision. I remember some one on this forum saying that Yulli is overrated. If this figure turns out anything close to the Man of Steel - I'll say she is underrated.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 242\243 - CA:TWS - Captain America & Steve Rogers [Spec + Pics]

Hey, with the shield being metal now, do you think they'll use a mmagnet to attach it to his back?

That would be excellent

Re: Hot Toys - Captain America Stealth Suit

Not sure if you already know by now, but there are two sets and I was referring to the SHIELD Cap alone :) They launched 2 separate press releases today.

Wow, I totally missed that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm in for the suit version or should I say the MMS 242...

Re: Hot Toys MMS243 -1/6th scale Captain America & Steve Rogers

You couldn't just ignore the listing or just not bid?

Would Cap just ignore it?

" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

:wink1:

Headsculpt looks great. Love the idea of a combo pack here but fear this hits well north of $300...

So its the Captain America and Human Torch combo pack! :rotfl

This looks really nice...I don't think I need it, but it looks really nice.

Definetely in for the combo set!
The movie looks spectacular and these figures are awesome.

You couldn't just ignore the listing or just not bid?

Because it's called being honest and being a decent human being and hopefully helping someone who would be taken in by the scam and "buy it " and get shafted when their money is taken and they never get a product

Incredible figure set! Can't say I'm buying as I'm good with just the TFA figure... but they really seem to have nailed every aspect of this one.

And nice that HT didn't wait until the regular figure sold out before coming back and offering the civilian in a 2 pack like they did with the Hulk and Banner :lol

Because it's called being honest and being a decent human being and hopefully helping someone who would be taken in by the scam and "buy it " and get shafted when their money is taken and they never get a product

Exactly I am looking out for my fellow collectors!!

I want this :D

This is what I've been waiting for since TFA. The Avengers version didn't end up doing it for me, but this is it- perfect. An incredible likeness of Chris Evans with a good neutral expression, a nice filled out build, well fitting suit, and a shield that doesn't look like it's going to be flaking. Looks like Hot Toys has definitely roped me back into the game. lol. If only all of their other Cap figures were this good, I might have still had a small army of them.

Would Cap just ignore it?

" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

:wink1:
64a.png

Attachments

• 64a.jpg
    64a.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 337
Re: Hot Toys - MMS243 - CA:TWS - Captain America & Steve Rogers [Official Spec + Pics

The set is selling for HKD 2100 which converts to $270. Add the mark up that Sideshow adds and I'm betting it'll be around $350. Or $310 if we're lucky.

Dang, can't beat those HK prices. PO for Solo SHIELD suit Cap just went up at 1 of the 2 official HT distributors here, for $210. It could be $215 at SSC, so a $350 tag for the 2-pack is reasonable enough. In a way, $350 is indeed a good price. Like a DX set with no PERS, considering that DX13 was above 300 but didn't come with 2 complete figures.

EDIT: So the 2-pack went up for PO as well at the same dealer: $335. $350 at SSC is most likely.

Damn, headsculpt finally looks like Evans but this outfit is too bland for my liking. I might buy the Rogers sculpt separately for use on a later figure, because as we know from Loki the passage of time doesn't necessarily mean a future sculpt will be better.

Back