Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c30154fcbf40b99b0737e0eff738db02.jpg

Got this on Friday opened him up today he's really nice

Great pic, buddy!

Hi all.

This is my first post.

I just received my Heartbreaker, and I noticed something that I haven't seen before on my Iron Man figures.

On my figure there appears to be some sort of plastic piece coming out of the rear of the collar which appears to be impeding the connection between the head and neck into the neck plug of the main body.

Is this normal?

As it does connect, however it may be restricting him from looking upwards.

View attachment 149155

I don't own the figure, but that probably shouldn't be there. Could someone who owns HB please help out?

The brown shippers are sideshow's thing, not Hot Toys. So Hot Toys sources from elsewhere don't come in the brown shippers. Sorry you missed out on the discount. I was shocked I was able to get it so cheap. Rarely do stores do a blanket 17% discount on EVERYTHING in stock. Much better than HLJ's BF sale the last two years, which were still pretty good. Wish I had actually looked for more stuff.

My Robocop from Loontentoys came with the brown shipper but youre mostly right. My War Machine 1.0 from BBTS didn't come with one and neither did my StormShadow from Japan. No biggie though although I know some collectors won't buy without it.

Hi all.

This is my first post.

I just received my Heartbreaker, and I noticed something that I haven't seen before on my Iron Man figures.

On my figure there appears to be some sort of plastic piece coming out of the rear of the collar which appears to be impeding the connection between the head and neck into the neck plug of the main body.

Is this normal?

View attachment 149155

getting my heartbreaker tomorrow (east coast) - I can let you know if someone else hasn't posted.

Received mine today and found visible scratches on both side of the shoulder plate.
From my inspection this is caused by the packing plastic cover contacting the armor. And there's no other protection sheet or other stuff between the 2 piece like most of other hot toys iron mans. So this will happen if you live in east coast cause the shipping taking longer and any vibration during shipping might result a scratch.

Inspect you iron man see if you have the same issue. I already contact sideshow for a replacement.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417469735.965038.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417469745.449154.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417469757.598810.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417469767.267539.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417469921.413657.jpg

Received mine today and found visible scratches on both side of the shoulder plate.
From my inspection this is caused by the packing plastic cover contacting the armor. And there's no other protection sheet or other stuff between the 2 piece like most of other hot toys iron mans. So this will happen if you live in east coast cause the shipping taking longer and any vibration during shipping might result a scratch.

Inspect you iron man see if you have the same issue. I already contact sideshow for a replacement.
View attachment 149218View attachment 149219View attachment 149220View attachment 149221
View attachment 149222

That is an awesome HOA display!! How wide is that display case with the HOA?

Great display, Mike, sorry to hear about your HB! I hope HT begins putting something, anything, like some plastic between the figure and cover, to help mitigate scratches! Wouldn't want a dinged-up Gemini!

Awesome figure. However I don't have a small enough screwdriver to take off battery door on the arms. Oh well, the fists are staying on for now.

Also, I would gladly have paid an extra $10 for HT to put those batteries in. What a pain in the ass.

Hi all.

This is my first post.

Is this normal?

View attachment 149155

Got my Heartbreaker tonight! I don't have that piece of plastic inside the neck.

Hi all.

This is my first post.

Is this normal?

View attachment 149155

Got mine today. It seems they forgot to trim a sprue on yours. Mine does not have it and the head is very tight.

I absolutely love the Heartbreaker. I have always been a big IM fan and love the figures but never really bought any armors outside of II unleashed, III, VII Iron Patriot and War Machine. I Loved the preview shots of the HB and had to have it. Glad I got it. Any IM collector that has not jumped on this one definitely should while you can. Someone stated earlier about the ribcage lights and I must agree for such a small detail they add so much to the figure. One of the best IM figures to date IMHO.

Hi all.

This is my first post.

Is this normal?

View attachment 149155

My Heartbreaker doesn't have it. i think it's a QC issue. Have it replaced dude. Everyone else, watch out for it.

Great display, Mike, sorry to hear about your HB! I hope HT begins putting something, anything, like some plastic between the figure and cover, to help mitigate scratches! Wouldn't want a dinged-up Gemini!

Recently released IM come with nothing. HT should know they will get scratch just a matter of time.

It's good that you got it from SSC buddy, I'm sure they'll take care of it.

Your display is awesome! I hope you don't mind my sharing it to our local group on Facebook!

EDIT: Man, Iron Monger makes your PFs look like they're 1/6.

Sure. If you want I have some other pictures ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417492248.010832.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417492264.460716.jpg

Back