Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone. I need a little assistance...I'm not sure if I suddenly began imagining this or if it's a real problem.

df98dc866e25370836e64a3f4084ab56.jpg

On both legs of my HB, the paint doesn't look as dark a red as the rest of the figure around the thigh area pictured that I guess is a vent. I know the figure has battle wear but after having the figure for months, it just suddenly stood out to be. Quick phone pic, so it might not do it justice....

Thanks in advance for humoring my paranoia if I'm imagining this as a problem.

Last edited:
Oh? That's looks intentionally painted. I have to look at my HB later. It's didn't look out of the norm to me
Thanks. I scoured pics and video reviews of the figure but none got close enough to that area ... for some reason I thought the red had been uniform this whole time.

Same here on mine; i think the weathering/fade was intentionally done

Finally got around putting the batteries into this figure (first ironman in my collection, and probably not my last now :S )

The lights are so bright, its awesome! you could use these figures as torches haha!

But does anyone know how to get the base to light up, it looks like it has a light up feature, there's a thing at the bottom that looks like it should open up to possibly house batteries and reveal a switch, but i cant get it open and i don't wanna break it by trying to force it. Anyone know how to get around this?

Finally got around putting the batteries into this figure (first ironman in my collection, and probably not my last now :S )

The lights are so bright, its awesome! you could use these figures as torches haha!

But does anyone know how to get the base to light up, it looks like it has a light up feature, there's a thing at the bottom that looks like it should open up to possibly house batteries and reveal a switch, but i cant get it open and i don't wanna break it by trying to force it. Anyone know how to get around this?
The base on this figure and on many of the HPP figures does not light up, unfortunately.

I believe Heartbreaker comes with the non lighted base like Silver Centurion did.
In fact, I just checked Sideshow's description and it says nothing about the base
lighting up.
Ryan

Yeah, no LED's in this base even though it's identical to others that had them. That extra space on the bottom is a complete waste basically.

I really do wish they lit up...that would be awesome.

They should since they opt to keep using these bases. That being said the stands that do house the LED's have cheapo parts, one or two of mine have dead LED's already. I'd prefer the basic black stands that the original Mk's came with to keep it all uniform.

Back