Hot Toys - MMS212 - IRON MAN 3 - HEARTBREAKER (MARK XVII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first Hot Toys Iron Man figure (the only other Hot Toys I own is the Reeves Superman.). I love it!! It was my favorite armor from the movie and Hot Toys did an amazing job. My only issue with it is and I'm sure all the Hot Toys Iron Man figures share the same difficulty but I really wish the switches for the lights were more easily accessible. It looks phenomenal lit up but it's such a hassle to remove all the covers to turn them on. I wish there was a remote haha!

I agree about the light switches, I was so disappointed when I got my first IM armour as it just ridiculous having to mess up the poss to switch them on and off. It really needs 1 switch that's easily accessible.

It'll be interesting to see how they tackle the Hulkbuster with the amount of lights that thing has!

I agree about the light switches, I was so disappointed when I got my first IM armour as it just ridiculous having to mess up the poss to switch them on and off. It really needs 1 switch that's easily accessible.

It'll be interesting to see how they tackle the Hulkbuster with the amount of lights that thing has!

Of course the switches are a pain but would you rather have it the way it is or just one switch with even more limited articulation?

I'm Betting that the Hulkbuster armor will have either 3-4 more switches than the regular IM suits (excluding the Mk. II AU). Plus there's bound to be separate switches for the Mk. XLIII bust inside. So total would probably be 1 on each arm (2), 1 for the Arc reactor in the chest (1), 1 for the back repulsors/stabilizers (1), 1 for each leg Arc Reactor and vent/stabilizer lights (2), 1 for the eyes (1) and 1 more for the Mk. XLIII bust (1). Counting the numbers in the parentheses, I'd guess a total of 8 switches.

Don't know about you, but after the HULKBUSTER, I doubt I'd complain about the number of switches in the other armors, lol

To be honest, with the limited amount of articulation the Hulkbuster is likely to have I'd say it should have less switches than an IM suit not more (especially given the price).

Speaking of price, with the cost of these things increasing, Hot Toys need to be justifying it better by moving on the technology. I'm sure it's not beyond the realms of imagination to have one single switch and some clever connections at the shoulder and neck sockets to allow for this.

To be honest, with the limited amount of articulation the Hulkbuster is likely to have I'd say it should have less switches than an IM suit not more (especially given the price).

Speaking of price, with the cost of these things increasing, Hot Toys need to be justifying it better by moving on the technology. I'm sure it's not beyond the realms of imagination to have one single switch and some clever connections at the shoulder and neck sockets to allow for this.

I agree with your point about the price increases without actually making improvements past some DIECAST and minor articulation improvements. But if the HB arms ar going to rotate at the sockets, I really can not see HT making a single switch for the entire upper body. Maybe they can make a switch for the torso and the legs but each arm is going to have to have its own switch. Another thing to consider is that maybe some people want the option of just having one repulsor light on because they may have a fist on the other arm. With the plastic that HT uses, turning the lights on with fists usually ends up with a "glowing" hand.

I agree with your point about the price increases without actually making improvements past some DIECAST and minor articulation improvements. But if the HB arms ar going to rotate at the sockets, I really can not see HT making a single switch for the entire upper body. Maybe they can make a switch for the torso and the legs but each arm is going to have to have its own switch. Another thing to consider is that maybe some people want the option of just having one repulsor light on because they may have a fist on the other arm. With the plastic that HT uses, turning the lights on with fists usually ends up with a "glowing" hand.

True, I just think they should be putting more effort into it, I'd rather have remote lighting than die cast but that's just me.

I can see why this is some peoples favourite armour to date, it's grown on me since getting it & I have to admit it's a fav now..., even prefer it to my mark II unleashed figure (perhaps it was a mistake putting them next to each other). :)

I can see why this is some peoples favourite armour to date, it's grown on me since getting it & I have to admit it's a fav now..., even prefer it to my mark II unleashed figure (perhaps it was a mistake putting them next to each other). :)

Lol, I did the same thing but with Python and Midas to add some color (mainly red, obviously) and that was a big mistake. Now when I look at the three of them together I see Python and Midas and am like, ehh, well they're nice but Heartbreaker steals my heart! There's no freaking way I'm going to ever move him close to Mk. XLII, Iron Patriot and War Machine Mk. II. ;)

Lol, I did the same thing but with Python and Midas to add some color (mainly red, obviously) and that was a big mistake. Now when I look at the three of them together I see Python and Midas and am like, ehh, well they're nice but Heartbreaker steals my heart! There's no freaking way I'm going to ever move him close to Mk. XLII, Iron Patriot and War Machine Mk. II. ;)

:) Yes, keep them away from Heartbreaker. lol Before I got the figure & just going by pictures, I thought the helmet looked more like an alien than something Iron Man would wear, after getting it that thought had disappeared & as I thought it looked cool I figured I'd put it with my equally cool mark II figure..., now that figure although nice, looks decidedly more average than I had previously given it status wise. Funny how the mind works I guess, might have to move the mark II now & hope Starboost can hold it's own next to Heartbreaker when it turns up. lol

Lol. Starboost definitely is a very impressive armor. Too bad I don't have the cash to spare to get him. Going by pictures and all, it seems as the figure numbers increase, the articulation gets better and better.

:) Yes, keep them away from Heartbreaker. lol Before I got the figure & just going by pictures, I thought the helmet looked more like an alien than something Iron Man would wear, after getting it that thought had disappeared & as I thought it looked cool I figured I'd put it with my equally cool mark II figure..., now that figure although nice, looks decidedly more average than I had previously given it status wise. Funny how the mind works I guess, might have to move the mark II now & hope Starboost can hold it's own next to Heartbreaker when it turns up. lol

I'm Absolutely in love with Starboost so I think you'll be safe putting them together. Besides Starboost armor is unlike anything else so it honestly can hold its own against any of the others out (so far)! Do me a favor and keep me apprised after the weeks of owning him. Initially, I was using the normal faceplate that had the lenses for the light up eyes but changed to the entirely gold painted one. I've now no intentions of ever going back. It just looks so space-y!

Did this for you since a picture is worth a thousand words (like I said, Starboost can definitely hold its own next to Heartbreaker):

Edit: Sorry about the picture; I'm a terrible photographer and I don't have any great spots for taking pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Damn. Starboost has a very nice color scheme. The ratios and everything is awesome. Lol ****. Though I'm still waiting for Shotgun first and foremost.

Damn. Starboost has a very nice color scheme. The ratios and everything is awesome. Lol ****. Though I'm still waiting for Shotgun first and foremost.

Yeah, join the club. If HT does release Shotgun, I'm going to make sure to preorder immediately because it seems like everyone wants that suit. I honestly don't think it's going to be the best looking suit, or even in the top 5 but it's screen presence in IM3 alone should drive up demand through the roof.

Has Shotgun been confirmed by HT? As a side note, I really think they should include 2 right legs, 1 perfect and another chopped off armor near the thigh like Killian chopped off and an exposed Stark leg to go in its place. Just my $0.02

Did this for you since a picture is worth a thousand words (like I said, Starboost can definitely hold its own next to Heartbreaker):

Edit: Sorry about the picture; I'm a terrible photographer and I don't have any great spots for taking pictures.

That's a really good picture, thanks & good choices for the poses..., especially Starboost. Definitely looking forward to getting it, I order from a retailer as it works out a bit cheaper for me that way, the down side of course is I'm waiting about 2 months after release to get the figures but it's a minor inconvenience if it means I have more money to spend on new figures. :) I wasn't planning on using the faceplate pictured but find it interesting what you said so now I'll have to take a closer look at it I think (once it turns up). :)

Another thing to consider is that maybe some people want the option of just having one repulsor light on because they may have a fist on the other arm. With the plastic that HT uses, turning the lights on with fists usually ends up with a "glowing" hand.

Good point about the glowing fist but that shouldn't be a problem with Hulkbuster because it will only have articulated hands.

I think it looks pretty cool when I light up the repulsor in an Iron Man's articulated fist.

That's a really good picture, thanks & good choices for the poses..., especially Starboost. Definitely looking forward to getting it, I order from a retailer as it works out a bit cheaper for me that way, the down side of course is I'm waiting about 2 months after release to get the figures but it's a minor inconvenience if it means I have more money to spend on new figures. :) I wasn't planning on using the faceplate pictured but find it interesting what you said so now I'll have to take a closer look at it I think (once it turns up). :)

I guess I'm not as terrible as a photographer as I've always believed :) I honestly never thought I'd want the all gold faceplate on the figue and I left the original on for the first few weeks. But one day I just said lets try the "astronaut" type faceplate and has stayed since. Sometimes it just takes having the figure for awhile.

I guess I'm not as terrible as a photographer as I've always believed :) I honestly never thought I'd want the all gold faceplate on the figue and I left the original on for the first few weeks. But one day I just said lets try the "astronaut" type faceplate and has stayed since. Sometimes it just takes having the figure for awhile.

I think terrible pictures are ones that are posted & blurry, you can't quite make out what your looking at properly..., that's my definition of a terrible pihotographer anyway. :) & I know what you mean regarding having a figure a while, not Iron Man but with a couple of my Star Wars clone figures I've found myself changing them after having them displayed for a while & at the time of getting them I honestly seem to think there's only one way I want them to look..., time changes my mind constantly though. :)

Back