1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sooooo want that Tony collar and cape, but I am not sure I could do this mod on my own. I am so worried about damaging the suit and fig, and ruining it.

At the very least, I highly suggest getting his cape.
The difference is night and day. Yes, even as stock, the figure is magnificent...but changing the cape brings it to another level.

Yes, it may seem scary to do the mod, but I've done it twice now, and its actually fairly easy.
Also, it is extremely hard to screw it up, As long as you follow the youtube guide, you should be good.

At the very least, I highly suggest getting his cape.
The difference is night and day. Yes, even as stock, the figure is magnificent...but changing the cape brings it to another level.

Yes, it may seem scary to do the mod, but I've done it twice now, and its actually fairly easy.
Also, it is extremely hard to screw it up, As long as you follow the youtube guide, you should be good.

There's a youtube guide?

Hello, Guys! I would like to clean an excess of black ink on the right side of the logo. I made a picture:

superlogo_zps4f50bfb9.jpg

Can you guys help me with some tips?

Thank you very much!

Looks good. Can I ask why you went with the custom stand over the included one? I really like the stand that came with it. One of my fav to date.

Looks good. Can I ask why you went with the custom stand over the included one? I really like the stand that came with it. One of my fav to date.

Thanks! And i completely agree with you about the original stand,one of my favs too. I'm trying to customise and fit a crouch grabber into the original stand(an option i feel should have been included in the first place). Custom stand is just a place holder for now

Hey guys, just completed the collar mod with Tony's cape and collaR about five minutes ago. Crappie pics only for now with minimal futzing. What do you think?
4tbNlc.jpg

0foQkb.jpg

^I noticed that the same problem with my MOS figure. After I swapped out the stock cape with the TM cape, both sides of the neck had small red marks from where the stock cape came in contact with the neck. They're pretty subtle and don't really bother me much, but maybe this is something we should all look out for.

Great job QuiGonFishing!!! Collar looks straight, clean and professional!!! Congrats on the successful mod! :hi5:

Did you do the cape mod with the stock cape or is it just the angle of the pictures that make the traps look smaller?

Yes it's still the stock cape. Have it just sitting in the traps after i done the mod,stays in pretty good without the need for glue. Can be easily changed out if i decide to pick up a custom cape later,though i really like the wire effect in the stock cape. More dramatic for posing. I also had the same issue with cape dye on the sides of the neck but it's very faint

Wired cape is really awesome. Since I went with the Mei cape (unwired), I'll have to get a bit creative when I finally get him in the display. Here's the latest, with still some futzing to do:

TXoGJa.jpg

Back