1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bravo Libby! I wonder if it could be sanded and painted? What body did you use? It doesn't look like stock.

Lib, where did the sculpt on the left come from? I like it a lot. What paint did you use to "paint out" the beard? I really like the look. Sure looks like the full beard sculpt are the same scale as the original, but it's hard to tell from a 2D phot, of course...

20141229_095614_zpsawznx8kk.jpg

thanks guys yeah Steve Reeves would have made a great visual as superman back then ,him or Clint Walker ,big guy ,great supes face and voice ,probably a better actor ,plays a mild mannered guy opposite burt reynolds in sam whisky i think the films called ,i remember thinking Clark Kent right there ,

8162261220_5e5a91435b.jpg

$T2eC16ZHJG8FGrzfhn9jBSeE(Y!01!~~60_35.JPG

the head is this one Custom 1 6 Scale Bearded Henry Cavill Head Sculpt for Hot Toys TTM19 Body | eBay
the paint was this but i think any flesh acrylic paint would work
LIFECOLOR Flesh 2deg Light 22ml LC UA707 | eBay
i just thinned the paint to a wash and put on coats let it dry and repeat until i thought it looked ok ,then a light black wash ,sealed it with testers dull coat ,not great and the beard is still there but it works for me lol
20141229_094059_zpsgdz5j8zb.jpg

yeah you could probably sand of the stubble ,but as i said my eyes and skill set are not up to it lol ,im waiting on a second stubble head ,so may give it a try ,the full beard sculpt is the same size as the stubble one ,smaller than the original hot toys one ,and could sand down better as mine is made of flesh resin ,not vinyl like the original or stubble ones ,

the body i used is this one ,with long foot pegs and the thigh extenders Custom 1 6 Scale Muscular Figure Body for Hot Toys Head Sculpt TTM19 Hitfigure | eBay

and with a marvel studios muscle shirt cut down to fit it ,a few year back marvel had blade daredevil ,and punisher 1/6 scale figures out and the had a rubber muscle under shirt ,thats what i used to bulk it out and add a little definition ,over all it works for me and gives me a man of steel superman to stand with my other guys ,without him standing out too much
20141229_092348_zpskyn9ibbb.jpg

20131216_182105_zpsaeadd9b4.jpg

20131216_182130_zps300da0c9.jpg

I love how the light shines off of the suit. Very nice.

I should borrow my friend's camera lol.

And any of you ever feel slightly ashamed of bringing your figs out to the park or something to photograph em?

I love how the light shines off of the suit. Very nice.

I should borrow my friend's camera lol.

And any of you ever feel slightly ashamed of bringing your figs out to the park or something to photograph em?

sometimes but I love my figures and there is no better pictures than outdoor pictures.

RED ALERT!

For those of you who are interested or, have been interested, in obtaining a Tony Mei cape for your custom MOS projects, Tony has announced on FB that his current run of these incredible replacement capes for the Hot Toys piece WILL BE HIS LAST!!! So if you're interested (and you should be interested if you love this piece enough to enjoy these discussion threads) NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT!! You can contact Tony via his Facebook page or via email which you can find in his postings on this forum.

Just didn't want any fence riders to miss their chance!

NOW STOP READING THIS AND HURRY!!

Last edited:
RED ALERT!

For those of you who are interested or, have been interested in obtaining a Tony Mei cape for your custom MOS projects, Tony has announced on FB that his current run of these incredible replacement capes for the Hot Toys piece WILL BE HIS LAST!!! So if you're interested (and you should be interested if you love this piece enough to enjoy these discussion threads) NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT!! You can contact Tony via his Facebook page or via email which you can find in his postings on this forum.

Just didn't want any fence riders to miss their chance!

NOW STOP READING THIS AND HURRY!!

If he's talking about finishing up the last that he's got, I think he's got about two left and I just bought another one a couple of weeks ago.
so he may be down to just one last cape.
As Quigon said, if you guy's have been tempted to do the cape mod and want one of his capes, better snag one while its there.

I did the neck mod but retained the stock cape. Ordered a cape from Tony Mei last evening because the stock cape pushes the sides of the neck piece up creating a "U" shape. Has anyone done the mod then ripped the neck piece back off? I'm concerned that the glue I used may cause damage to the suit when I try to pry the neck piece off again. I used the glue recommended by Emarae (Loctite Ultragel). Any advice is appreciated.

Back