1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care much about the collar, but i want that mod as soon as my figure arrives...

I might practice with Thor's cape...

Which custom cape do you guys recommend? I see two people selling. They both look the same to me from pics.

Tony told me his wired cape is in "never again" status. Don't think he ever enjoyed the additional hassle that version always was for him to make...

For my Clark Kent custom:

ed4image.jpg

58dimage.jpg

547image.jpg

Last edited:
Nice sculpt! Looking forward to seeing the final product :)

i agree it looks good ,its also looks a bit smaller than the hot toys original ,could you confirm this and if you have the chance to put up comparison pics that would be appreciated

Finally got around to opening up my Hot Toys MOS..... I now see what people are talking about with regards to scale, looks like they made his legs about 1/2" to long. This should of been an easy error for Hot Toys to catch, I'm surprised they ignored it. I can see why SS is selling him at a deep discount. That said it's still a nice doll, using some creative posing with him hovering above his stand helps reduce the impact that he's bigger then the other two MOS dolls (Zod and Jor'el)

Zod is the same height as this figure... don't have Jor El yet so I don't know about him.

I put him next to Jor'El and Supes is 1/2"-3/4" taller ... I haven't taken Zod out of his packing yet.. But given that Russell Crowe is 6'-0" tall and Henry Cavill is 6'-1" they should be pretty much the same size at 1/6 scale.

It's a cleverly done thing, but the MOS boots had subtle lifts built into them. It's close to three inches at the rear end, with his toes being on the ground. And even though it seems to be a flat boot, if you look at them from the side any time he's standing next to someone, you can see the upper of his foot is ever so slightly elevated. Not by much, and not so as most people would notice. If you check out the scene where Crowe is doing the voiceover and Cavill is walking towards camera about to learn how to fly, you can see in the boot that he is walking slightly awkwardly and that his heel is raised and the slope of the metatarsal bones is a bit too high to be normal.
This is how they made Cavill 6'6" tall as Superman.
And the reason the HT figure is 13" tall.

Sorry but that's just silly talk. Superman wasn't 6'6 in the comics (officially 6'3 if I remember correctly, for whatever that's worth). Nor was he 6'6 in the movie. He's naturally tall enough to stand out, same height as me and I'm taller than most even when we lived in California a few years ago. To add 5 inches to his height he'd have had to wear Frankenstein boots or high heels, neither of which makes sense. Lifts of an inch or two I could accept but 5? Sorry but get a grip.

Much as I love the Hot Toys figure, he's taller than he should have been. Still a superb rendition but too big.

I'm sure Hot Toys will release another MOS after Batman vs Superman comes out. Hopefully they'll get the scale right with that one.

I can tell you 100% that Henry Cavill does not use boots with a 5inch lift. And the way you describe the lifts in the boots wouldn't work. It wouldn't create a "slight angle" in his metatarsals. A 5 inch lift on the back would create a 80-120 degree angle. It's not how we do it in costume design. I have/am working on Batman V Superman so I've got first hand knowledge. To make an actor taller, if you where to use lifts which are almost never used this day and age especially on a tent pole/big budget film..you would use either a solid lift inside the shoe/boot or increase the sole depth completely. You would never use a wedge for a man.

Lifts are not necessary these days though. Between CG and cinematography it's not needed. Look at the Hobbit and lord of the rings.

I've had the boots on the next film in my hands. A few pair of them. There are no lifts in them. Henry is not as tall as Christopher Reeve was (6ft 4) or even Ben Affleck(also 6ft 4) but he's not short by any means..around 6ft 1. That's a couple inches above average. He looks a little shorter because how much mass he has added to fill in the suit. He is much thicker then both Brandon Routh and Christopher Reeve. A lot more like Tom Welling later in his run on Smallville. Henry is huge.

Common sense. Thank you.

I can tell you 100% that Henry Cavill does not use boots with a 5inch lift. And the way you describe the lifts in the boots wouldn't work. It wouldn't create a "slight angle" in his metatarsals. A 5 inch lift on the back would create a 80-120 degree angle. It's not how we do it in costume design. I have/am working on Batman V Superman so I've got first hand knowledge. To make an actor taller, if you where to use lifts which are almost never used this day and age especially on a tent pole/big budget film..you would use either a solid lift inside the shoe/boot or increase the sole depth completely. You would never use a wedge for a man.

Lifts are not necessary these days though. Between CG and cinematography it's not needed. Look at the Hobbit and lord of the rings.

I've had the boots on the next film in my hands. A few pair of them. There are no lifts in them. Henry is not as tall as Christopher Reeve was (6ft 4) or even Ben Affleck(also 6ft 4) but he's not short by any means..around 6ft 1. That's a couple inches above average. He looks a little shorter because how much mass he has added to fill in the suit. He is much thicker then both Brandon Routh and Christopher Reeve. A lot more like Tom Welling later in his run on Smallville. Henry is huge.

Great insightful post Motuxmen :)

I pulled the trigger on this for £119 whoop whoop!

Back