1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really cool idea to turn the detolfs on their side :clap

I'd be worried about the strain on the glass however

I've been monitoring the glass very closely and it hasn't moved at all. Also when I was putting my first detolf one of the glass doors feel against the corner of the desk and I swore it would snap in half but it didn't so I think the glass is very strong and flexible. If it were to break i'm sure the glass on the first detolf will hold one piece of glass and a few toys. I am willing to take the risk I love how it looks and I don't have enough space to put 5 standing detolf's next to each other to create the same look.

i just can't seem to get over how awesome this figure is!

f5Vo8bS.jpg

I've been monitoring the glass very closely and it hasn't moved at all. Also when I was putting my first detolf one of the glass doors feel against the corner of the desk and I swore it would snap in half but it didn't so I think the glass is very strong and flexible. If it were to break i'm sure the glass on the first detolf will hold one piece of glass and a few toys. I am willing to take the risk I love how it looks and I don't have enough space to put 5 standing detolf's next to each other to create the same look.
I'd do it with acrylic cases, but not glass man [emoji23]
How do you guys prefer your figs to be lit up? Pucks or the LED strips?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'd do it with acrylic cases, but not glass man [emoji23]
How do you guys prefer your figs to be lit up? Pucks or the LED strips?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I love those lights I got from amazon, they are wireless and you can have two different settings for how bright they are and also a 30 minute timer. I am thinking of getting strips for the bottom shelf though cus the pucks will be to bright.

If you could find me cheap acrylic cases the size of detolfs for under 100$ id def buy them lol. I am 98% sure the glass will hold. I did have the birch one on its side for 6 months with 10 1/6 figures on top and the glass has not warped at all. Trust me if I had any doubt I wouldn't be doing it, but I am ready to take responsibility if it were to happen :)

im liking the dynamic poses now. Do you think the superman suit will get damaged? its grabbing him by the belt not the soft latex material with the pattern.

....and what a beautiful shot there, symbiote28....

Still enjoying this one myself....revisiting him since Zod showed up.....like how he appears in natural light....

thanks mate. experimenting with led strips for my detolf and the reflection + bokeh of the led strips really made the picture even better :)

Hey guys,

My name is Chandler, and I'm new to the forum as of today! I've been a frequent visitor for a while now, and always wanted to join... but unfortunately, it is a problem that actually led me to do it. I purchased a Tony Mei cape and did the mod, collar adjustment and all. Went pretty well. I was actually psyched about it while I was doing it. But I ran into a problem. As anybody who did the mod will know, there is an extra plastic insert around the neck that props up the cape. This piece comes out pretty easy. But there is a slight bit of glue on the very front which holds the piece down to the figure's chest. Some of this glue remained on my figure. It doesn't look like it is coming off... and if any of it DID come off, it looks as if it may have taken some of the paint with it as well. This flaw is right above the new placement of the collar... and it really bums me out. I was so excited that I could do a mod that wouldn't be very hard and would yield such satisfying results, and everyone seems to have gotten it done with no trouble. Is there anyone out there with advice to help me? I kinda feel stuck, and that I just ruined (to some degree) a $250 investment. I think the figure still looks better overall, but it sucks nonetheless.

Also, trimming the cape went fine, but if you look from the side, you can see the cape underneath the collar where it is glued. Is this something that everyone who has the mod deals with?

Thanks and I will appreciate any help I can get with this. Seriously.

I have done this mod twice and my first attempt I had the same bit if glue in the front. Big eye sore. The second one did not have this problem. Not sure how to cover it but I feel your pain.

Hey guys,

My name is Chandler, and I'm new to the forum as of today! I've been a frequent visitor for a while now, and always wanted to join... but unfortunately, it is a problem that actually led me to do it. I purchased a Tony Mei cape and did the mod, collar adjustment and all. Went pretty well. I was actually psyched about it while I was doing it. But I ran into a problem. As anybody who did the mod will know, there is an extra plastic insert around the neck that props up the cape. This piece comes out pretty easy. But there is a slight bit of glue on the very front which holds the piece down to the figure's chest. Some of this glue remained on my figure. It doesn't look like it is coming off... and if any of it DID come off, it looks as if it may have taken some of the paint with it as well. This flaw is right above the new placement of the collar... and it really bums me out. I was so excited that I could do a mod that wouldn't be very hard and would yield such satisfying results, and everyone seems to have gotten it done with no trouble. Is there anyone out there with advice to help me? I kinda feel stuck, and that I just ruined (to some degree) a $250 investment. I think the figure still looks better overall, but it sucks nonetheless.

Also, trimming the cape went fine, but if you look from the side, you can see the cape underneath the collar where it is glued. Is this something that everyone who has the mod deals with?

Thanks and I will appreciate any help I can get with this. Seriously.

I had the same issue with mine. I just painted over it with some acrylic paint. Now you can't even notice it. Have you posted a picture of how it looks? Mine was along the clavicle/collarbone area.

ebevarat.jpg

It's a little hard to see, but it's there on both sides of the collarbone. I'd like to try the paint, is there a picture of your results?

after watching this movie a few more times(on OLED tv:) ), i think im going to have to do the cape mod
the stock look just doesnt do this figure justice and was so close to have perfect movie accuracy

Here's some pics of mine, now I have it set up. Suit repainted by Owen1313, cape from Tony Mei, I repainted the collar and gauntlets.

MOS1.jpg

MOS2.jpg

MOS3.jpg

MOS4.jpg

Maybe this has been answered a dozen times before, but--has anyone ever tried putting a Christopher Reeve head on the Cavill Superman figure? I just wonder how it would look, with Chris wearing a badass modern Superman outfit.

Here's some pics of mine, now I have it set up. Suit repainted by Owen1313, cape from Tony Mei, I repainted the collar and gauntlets.

View attachment 116634

Nice!!! Looks really good man. :clap
I'm gonna try to mimmick this mod also. Waiting on the paints.
I'm hoping I can have similar results.
Owen did a magnificent job on your Superman, Grats.

Back