1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a month later than expected my man of steel has finally arrived, might rip his head off later & do the neck mod ;)
The Tony Mei cape is Soooooo nice, it needs to go on ASAP.
I Just hope I don't fluff it up

Thanks mate,
it's after seeing you & all the other members pics of the mod that has given me the confidence to try it.

It really is not a difficult mod. Go slow when removing the glue that holds the suit to the collar.
Don't glue down the actual collar too close to the S symbol. Leave half an extra mm because the pins that you put into the body will lower the collar slightly.
That's all. Everything else is self explanatory.

It's been a while since my last post!

Great pics.

Thanks mate,
it's after seeing you & all the other members pics of the mod that has given me the confidence to try it.

It really is not a difficult mod. Go slow when removing the glue that holds the suit to the collar.
Don't glue down the actual collar too close to the S symbol. Leave half an extra mm because the pins that you put into the body will lower the collar slightly.
That's all. Everything else is self explanatory.

Exactly.
Just go slow.
And if you see a step you aren't sure about, check the videos and be sure of the next step. Easier to wait than have to replace a figure due to making a mistake.

Sweet. Will you be trying the collar mod at all?

HA, he is actually in-stock with my retailer (I had him on flex-pay) but I had to pay for Celtic Predator, The Crow and Vader over the last week so money is tight at the moment so I should be able to pay him off next week.

I'm 50/50 at the moment Barry on doing the cape mod. I will have a look at him first and take it from there. Even not getting Tony's cape the collar mod could still be worthwhile.

HA, he is actually in-stock with my retailer (I had him on flex-pay) but I had to pay for Celtic Predator, The Crow and Vader over the last week so money is tight at the moment so I should be able to pay him off next week.

I'm 50/50 at the moment Barry on doing the cape mod. I will have a look at him first and take it from there. Even not getting Tony's cape the collar mod could still be worthwhile.

Of course. Post pics if you decide to do it!
And even if you don't.

Will do pal.

I'm definitely getting a regular stand for him though. These HT bases are getting bigger and bigger.

Like either of these?

CAB0F5C7-53A4-4015-BF0E-1A79652F712D.jpg

Wonderful work there my friend and surprisingly not a great difference in terms of size from you standard 1/6 crotch grabber. :clap

Wonderful work there my friend and surprisingly not a great difference in terms of size from you standard 1/6 crotch grabber. :clap

I know.
I had a conversation with a fellow member here when i mentioned the size, and he said it would be better if it were smaller. I told him that although it's wider than a HT base, due to the point at the front, it needs to be wider than a HT base for there to be enough area for the figure to stand on.

Ok so I received my superman today & just couldn't wait to do the neck mod & Tony mei cape installation.
I'm normally one of those people who would never try something like this but he just looked so good in the pics with the mods.
......AND I'm so glad I did it, it may not be a perfect job, but Im more than happy with how it turned out.
He looks gorgeous & a definitive improvement on the stock figure. So happy :hi5::yess::clap
image.jpgimage.jpg

Still loving this fig, especially now I have zod in the detolf next to him they compliment each other well. Here a shot of him, had him posed like this for a while now.

bezu6ute.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Still loving this fig, especially now I have zod in the detolf next to him they compliment each other well. Here a shot of him, had him posed like this for a while now.

Great pic. Very atmospheric.

I did a hair resculpt on mine today at work in my lunch hour.
I was going for the "heavily slicked back" look Cavill had at the promo events. I know it's not 100% accurate to the film, but i wanted his hair with a slicker look. Not to everyone's taste, but i like the look. It has only just cured. I will be giving it a gloss coat tomorrow.

44AD129F-1F89-422D-A616-E73300356FA9.jpg

024B8729-D1BE-4566-BD8B-AA60B1379AF3.jpg

82D55045-BE87-4E21-8AE4-0CF950D09DEC.jpg

844A8388-69FE-4116-9043-E7F481E4E138.jpg

05EEADAC-8A48-48C9-94FE-AFD1656E39E6.jpg

90FDF733-9A7B-4628-9969-FE1AACF2334E.jpg

0D5F33F1-22E5-4DD6-88A8-E4760A44C515.jpg

Back