1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I never peeled the stock cape off , it's was always attached I just worked around it. I do also love how Tonys capes look but a lot of people don't seem to be able to get the pleats looking neat over his shoulders which is why I left mine connected

Ok thanks
Yeah me too i love the pleats and even if my modded looks good im getting a second body with suit to do something like yours keep the stock and lower the neck.

The weird thing is, when I had an earthquake here, MOS didn't even budge even though he was unsupported but my DX12 fell completely sideways

i think the mos looks best in a standing museaum pose
i used his base to pose spiderman, have mos with a normal crotch grabber and damn, he looks great
i think when i had him posed on the stand, the angle made the cape/traps more apparent

Few more
IMG_20140430_194709.jpg
IMG_20140430_194810.jpg
IMG_20140430_195150.jpg

I finally came around to do the neck mod from Emarae (link below).
It really is helpful and you should check it out if you wish to do the mod.
The modification itself is fairly simple and takes 20-30 min. depending on how you work.

I found a pose that I liked, too. Taking out the shoulder pads remedies the problem with the tension in his upper body.

DSC02838.JPG
Tony Mei Cape, shoulder/neck mod

This still needs some futzing, but I'm generally happy with the outcome. The MMS200 looks so much more accurate with this mod.
Hot Toys chose the proper body type for this figure. I seriously wonder why they would change the physique of the body with the shoulder pads. Doesn't make any sense, I think.

Here's the link to the Video of Emarae, again (I know it's a repost).

Here's mine with the collar mod and stock cape :

Mof-3.jpg

Mof-1.jpg

Don't know for those who have done the collar mod but I have some pieces of the suit staying around the inside of the collar if you look the figure by the top. I was very gentle with the blade to not damage the figure, maybe I didn't cut the suit properly...

It's not a very big deal anyway. I'm very happy with this guy, just miss a Tony Mei cape. :)

Great poses from you guys, will use some for future poses.

Cheers.

FINALLY!!!!! mine has shipped, it'll be with me tomorrow just in time for the bank holiday weekend :)
I have a tony Mei cape coming soon as well, decided I will do the mod. All the pics on here with the mod have convinced me, he looks totally awesome with it

Excellent new Ironman81!
Could anybody tell me the dimensions of a detolf shelf while in the box and also the weight?
Thanks guys.

I really like those modded capes and thinking about trying one myself. But I cannot seem to find how to buy one of those Tony Mei Capes?

Does he have an online store or eBay account? Or do you contact him directly?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ordered. Worst case scenario I don't get the piece and return whatever I get. Seller also has HT roadblock and HT stark mechanic for $50.00 all free shipping.

You may have gotten a steal, then... when I went to the link you listed he is available at full price at this point. Let us know how this turns outs!

Such a shame this figure isn't selling like gangbusters in china.

If only he came in hot rod red, with some yellow thrown in...oh and light up eyes and chest. If only he looked like a robot.

Oh wait...if only he was iron man of steel...

Sigh.

Back