1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Jam2315 I like the blue paint I think it came out great buddy , I also know this is all just opinions and I loved the figure straight out the box too and I know the slight mods wont be to everyones taste but im happy with how it turned out and now takes pride of place in my collection . and also im not too bothered if it loses value coz I don't think ill sell this one and a few people have already asked if they can pay for me to do theres . all feedback is welcome :O)
Thanks Clip! Much appreciated definitely! I also love how urs turned out even without the Tony cape. Adding the wire put it over the top imo! And yes its all opinion as to who does what with their figure. I feel this figure is ab an 8 out of 10 out the box already and if people are happy enough with it like that that I can definitely see why. I never plan on selling this one so why not try to get it a tad more accurate I thought. As to some thinking all the painting of the collar and all looks poorly done and makes figure look cheap...that's opinion also. To me I have yet to see one all the way modded that made it look worse than stock "to me". I think all the guys who did try...theirs turned out just fine! Keep up the good work Clipper! Also hope you wasn't thinking I was the one who quoted about your post...I like how yours turned out. Maybe you meant to quote someone else bt no worries here...This guy is awesome...left stock or modded and "painted"

thanks Bri mate, ive got a video on my youtube channel explaining where the large cabinet came from buddy , the video is called the undisputed truth

Sweet mate will have a look! Cheers

Long story short, you can't get one.

Lol spoil sport! I only have the one detolf and I am already running out of space lol I need to expand my addition lol

Bri

Thanks Clip! Much appreciated definitely! I also love how urs turned out even without the Tony cape. Adding the wire put it over the top imo! And yes its all opinion as to who does what with their figure. I feel this figure is ab an 8 out of 10 out the box already and if people are happy enough with it like that that I can definitely see why. I never plan on selling this one so why not try to get it a tad more accurate I thought. As to some thinking all the painting of the collar and all looks poorly done and makes figure look cheap...that's opinion also. To me I have yet to see one all the way modded that made it look worse than stock "to me". I think all the guys who did try...theirs turned out just fine! Keep up the good work Clipper! Also hope you wasn't thinking I was the one who quoted about your post...I like how yours turned out. Maybe you meant to quote someone else bt no worries here...This guy is awesome...left stock or modded and "painted"

No mate I know that wasn't you who quoted my post , I think whenever you try something like this some will love it some wont , but if you were concerned with how others would react you'd never try anything . its funny too because I was toying with the idea of using a metallic blue myself and its good to see that if I had done that it would've still come nice also .

No mate I know that wasn't you who quoted my post , I think whenever you try something like this some will love it some wont , but if you were concerned with how others would react you'd never try anything . its funny too because I was toying with the idea of using a metallic blue myself and its good to see that if I had done that it would've still come nice also .
Yea the metallic blue mixed with a tad bit of black will do the trick but it's hard to get the correct amount of black lol...as you can tell mine def needs to be darker to be closer to screen accurate bt I'm happy enough for now. It's a tricky and very opinionated subject as what color they actually are in the movie as it really depends on the lighting so it's really all about how you yourself see it. I would agree with what you said in ur video...it should be almost the blue color on the base (around the symbol) with a bit of a metallic to it. Like you say...we mod these things to our personal liking not everyone else's!

Collection looking as great as ever clipper, really loving how you've got your cape posed. Beautiful realistic flow.

Mind if i ask what case youve got your classic Pred in? Cheers!

thanks mate glad you like it , the classic is in a master light house case , theres a video of it somewhere on my youtube channel , around the time I reviewed snake eyes and storm shadow

thanks mate glad you like it , the classic is in a master light house case , theres a video of it somewhere on my youtube channel , around the time I reviewed snake eyes and storm shadow

Hey thanks for the reply, ive heard many a good thing about those cases. I'll look up your vid and give it a look, thanks again. And i watched your undisputed truth video, great watch by the way and keep up the reviews and videos. I modded the DX12 with the help of your video, cheers

Loving all the new mods showing up..You guys got skills :clap Sorry for the crappy lighting

Anyway here is my contribution. It was a pain because it took a while for me to be satisfied with it..Maybe I overdid it :slap

Last edited:

Here is my mos, it is awesome :yess:
x4kr.jpg

qux0.jpg

dg9n.jpg

a954.jpg

oodb.jpg

Alright guys so here is my final product till tony makes a wired cape.

Mods

Piping painted to match movie
Collar/gauntlets painted to match movie
Neck mod
Cape fully wired/darkened
calves stuffed (no more chicken legs)

Last edited:

Nice superman pics, looks good modded, hulks going to slip a disc standing like that for so long

Quick question, how do you wrap wire around the cape to emulate a wired cape look? Pics would be much appreciated.

Nice superman pics, looks good modded, hulks going to slip a disc standing like that for so long

Thanks and what do you mean slip a disc?

Quick question, how do you wrap wire around the cape to emulate a wired cape look? Pics would be much appreciated.

Its not wrapped. I actually split the cap in two attached a wire at the bottom then on each side vertically then closed it back up.

Thanks and what do you mean slip a disc?

Its not wrapped. I actually split the cap in two attached a wire at the bottom then on each side vertically then closed it back up.

I don't want to mess with my cape, i just want to fake a wired cape look if possible.

Finally got this locally (after a mix-up with my original preorder) and did the cape mod. Decided to keep the original cape for the pleats. Just need to steam them down a bit. One of my favorite figures now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 456
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716.7 KB · Views: 469
Back