1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Amazing Tony! :clap

Judging from that dynamic pose with the cape would I be wrong to assume that this is a wired version of your cape?

Tony my wallet is ready!

That looks amazing Tony! When will you have these capes listed for sale?

It's a custom wire cape I made last night before sleep, after making it, lots of parts that needs to be worked on. I will not offer this wire version any time soon, it's no where near my standard..... Still have a lot to improve on. Sorry guys.....

Nice work Tony. Can't wait to see the final. Put me down for one when Thames are ready.

do you guys think they'll let doomsday look similar to this if they were to put him in the new MOS movies?

I think DC is going to try to adapt all of their characters with the new 52 comic designs. Which makes sense. Doomsday, has not changed much, if at all. So I could imagine him looking like this.

MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Does any one know of any adverse effects from storing figures in cold storage? Like possibly below freezing? I'm sure it can't be good but does anyone have experience in this matter?

I've got most of my figs boxed in Rubbermaid bins in my outside shed but the last few days have been below freezing here. Just worried about my figs.

As long as they don't get wet, they should be ok. Just as long as you don't handle them right away when you bring them in as they may still be brittle from the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a TV I pressed pause on blue ray If I could find a nice photo of the scout ship It would make a great diorama

Got the figure today.... Looks superb! The costume is just brilliantly replicated! And the head sculpt.. Speechless!

12203634304_ccbd5eda52_b.jpg

12203652584_c9de51a105_b.jpg

12203858196_71945c680b_b.jpg

12203640654_719a8d216f_b.jpg

I wrote that I wouldn't change the stock cape but if you do sell a wired custom cape then I am in.

Not sure but I have the same concern and that is why my most valued figures remain inside.

Hey guys, so last night I decided to remove the under collar from my figure, and thanks to some excellent advice from Short Round, I was able to do it without having to cut or damage the suit AT ALL. You don't even have to cut the top collar. I don't think this has been touched on, if so my apologies.

First, after you've removed the sculpt and flipped over the cape to the front, you want to separate the suit from the under collar all around using something flat and dull that wont damage the suit (I used one side of a pair of tweasers).

Once the suit is separated from the lower collar all around, pull the suit down a tad at the back of the neck (it has plenty of elasticity) to expose the under collar and carefully snip the collar in the middle (see photo for snip location). This gives the collar a lot more 'play', and as long as the suit is detached from it, you can bend and maneuver one side at a time out from under the suit without damaging it.

You may find while working the collar out from under the suit that there are some attachment points you missed, just simply halt your progress, detach the point, and continue.

Last edited:

nice work Marf master, any after pics?

As long as they don't get wet, they should be ok. Just as long as you don't handle them right away when you bring them in as they may still be brittle from the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. That helps ease my mind.

That's awesome Marf. Good to know.

Hey fellas, I'd be happy to post a pic of the figure as soon as I get home later tonight. :duff

Superman has just arrived!

Amazing figure. It is extremely well executed in its simplicity, kudos to HT.

I just finished unboxing it and there's not much to say that hasn't been said already, so for now I'll just enjoy it!

Sorry to ask guys but does anyone have a picture of Supes on the shorter foot pegs mod?

Thanks.

Everyone should remember that all these figure have different amounts of glue. Marf's clearly had only a bit. I just did the same things as he did and it was glue like crazy! Tearing the suit will occur if yours has a lot of glue! I should be able to cover it up just fine though. We'll see soon. I'll post pics once I'm done.

I'm really loving this figure, and I was VERY excited to put him together with my Reeve Supes! Threw in a little Alfred E. Neuman for giggles, and now I'm set, HA!

HotToysSupes.jpg

Hey guys, so last night I decided to remove the under collar from my figure, and thanks to some excellent advice from Short Round, I was able to do it without having to cut or damage the suit AT ALL. You don't even have to cut the top collar. I don't think this has been touched on, if so my apologies.

First, after you've removed the sculpt and flipped over the cape to the front, you want to separate the suit from the under collar all around using something flat and dull that wont damage the suit (I used one side of a pair of tweasers).

Once the suit is separated from the lower collar all around, pull the suit down a tad at the back of the neck (it has plenty of elasticity) to expose the under collar and carefully snip the collar in the middle (see photo for snip location). This gives the collar a lot more 'play', and as long as the suit is detached from it, you can bend and maneuver one side at a time out from under the suit without damaging it.

You may find while working the collar out from under the suit that there are some attachment points you missed, just simply halt your progress, detach the point, and continue.

Thanks for the info. I just sent a payment for Tony's cape, so I will be messing with the collar very soon. Anything that lessens the damage the suit the better.

I'm really loving this figure, and I was VERY excited to put him together with my Reeve Supes! Threw in a little Alfred E. Neuman for giggles, and now I'm set, HA!

HotToysSupes.jpg

Love the pose man!
And great set up, specially with the Mad magazine guy. :)

Back