1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Someone posted a pic with MoS head on a DX12 a few pages back. It looks ridiculous, but you get this vibe that Kryptonians are generally larger/taller than h.sapiens.

Reckon Affleck's Batman will be made in scale with the MoS line?

Edit: has anyone tried measuring Kal El? I suspect HT is now trying to make 1/6 figures based on the actual measurements of the character. Previously their figures have been of the same height (based on strictly 1/6 of 180 cm tall or 30 cm), right?

Ryno did in his video review. Even put his measuring tape between Kal, Jor-el and another figure.

I think he said Supes was 12 1/2 " long

I wonder if the S emblem can be taken off. From this picture it looks like it can. I hope someone here can make a custom S emblem that's a tad bigger and positioned more upwards to get it to be more movie accurate cuz that's my only gripe on this figure. I can look past the height and the puffy cape, but the stock S emblem just seems so undersized

Anyone know any customizers who may be up to doing this? I think it will be a very popular mod if done right and if the process of taking off the stock emblem and replacing it isn't too much of a hassle.

DHzbyjU.jpg

If someone does remove and modify the S insignia they would have to tear the suit open from the back. To raise the insignia it looks like they would have to make new holes to attach the S as well..such a pain

I'm sure someone will take apart the outfit and customize it to pieces it just sucks that they have to cut the back and sewn it back up. :thud:

Last edited:

Great figure cant wait. Any one know when one sixth bruce are getting these.

Great figure cant wait. Any one know when one sixth bruce are getting these.

Going by the wait some have complained about with OSB...wouldn't be surprised if its June or July.

Going by the wait some have complained about with OSB...wouldn't be surprised if its June or July.

Osb was late on their last lot of figs because they tried a new shipping method which didnt work out. Waiman said hes reverted back to old ways. Most uk retailers will see this guy in feb/march i reckon.

It's a stalemate.

Very nice. Camera angles as demonstrated in the first and second battle picture can visually reduce the height difference. For those good at photoshopping, you can reduce MOS so that the third picture would make them look more evenly.

Just picking up on this briefly, does anyone know of a customizer that does S glyphs? I would love a loose MOS or Superman Returns glyph to do a custom figure.

I wonder if the S emblem can be taken off. From this picture it looks like it can. I hope someone here can make a custom S emblem that's a tad bigger and positioned more upwards to get it to be more movie accurate cuz that's my only gripe on this figure. I can look past the height and the puffy cape, but the stock S emblem just seems so undersized

Anyone know any customizers who may be up to doing this? I think it will be a very popular mod if done right and if the process of taking off the stock emblem and replacing it isn't too much of a hassle.

DHzbyjU.jpg

I for one would welcome all future figures being actual 1/6. But it would make displaying them with older figures a bit problematic.

Exactly! And if two of us feel that way then I'm pretty sure there others here who are just as troubled. Wonder if Alfred and Bruce for the Batman Dio get the same treatment, if so, most of our Batmen and other figures from the Nolanverse would be out of scale somewhat.

And it was me that posted the pic of the Cavill head on the DX12.

Oh, right. Not sure if I have asked this before but how come you get your figures earlier than most?

Exactly! And if two of us feel that way then I'm pretty sure there others here who are just as troubled. Wonder if Alfred and Bruce for the Batman Dio get the same treatment, if so, most of our Batmen and other figures from the Nolanverse would be out of scale somewhat.

Well, i wouldn't panic just yet.
there are a few really good reasons why Alfred and Bruce will be *The old 1/6* scale.
First, they are re-using the DX12 body for the Batman suit, and second, they are using the DX12 Bruce head.
It has better paint apps but still has lips like the Twilight Zone gremlin.
Finally, Alfred wouldn't be made in a new scale while Bruce and Batman were in the old scale.

gremlintwilightzone.jpg

Oh, right. Not sure if I have asked this before but how come you get your figures earlier than most?

I don't actually have the figure yet, although i do have four on order from Sideshow.
But i do have an ongoing relationship with a parts seller in HK(With whom i have spent maybe $3000 buying misc parts over the last three years), and so when a figure comes out, i generally get really great deals on parts.
When it hit the shelves, i sent a message and got a couple of headsculpts sent to me for a great price.
I expect i *could* get a good deal on a full figure, but i'd like to save that for something *really* special, as i know their main deal is parting a figure to make the maximum amount from all the parts.
The pic i posted with it on a body was a hybrid suit i posted a few months back. It's a DC Direct Superman Returns suit with the striping added by me, and the body is a HT Reeve(But i am thinking of swapping it out for a DX10 body as the Reeve is too small).

04665134-0B53-4939-9DF0-8C36B8025088.jpg

I think i'm going to cancel this guy. The figure looks amazing but i saw a picture on OSR next to the DX12 and he basically looks 1/5 scale. It just won't work unless i pose him on his own and i don't have the space for that and won't be buying any other figures from MoS. Such a shame because as i said the figure looks great :(

Hopefully i'll like MoS 2 designs and pick up the Supes and Batman from that. There is also the Sideshow Superman coming in 2014 so i'm sure i'll have A Superman in my collection eventually.

I think i'm going to cancel this guy. The figure looks amazing but i saw a picture on OSR next to the DX12 and he basically looks 1/5 scale

I think the problem is that he scales out exactly to 1/6.
But that means that Hot Toys have been making all the other figures at 12" scale.
So he is 1/6.
But nothing else in your collection is.
Unless you own Hulk...
😄

I think the problem is that he scales out exactly to 1/6.
But that means that Hot Toys have been making all the other figures at 12" scale.
So he is 1/6.
But nothing else in your collection is.
Unless you own Hulk...
😄

I hope they don't start using this "new scale" then for all future figures or i'll be :gah:

It will also make Medicom figures look like midgets :lol

Back