1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I'm interested in how some feel about the collar on superman or cape holder on him to those who have him in hand. Also I cant wait to try out the new flight stand for more dynamic flying pose's.

WoW BATS N Supes do look great together great pic's everyone.

We needs bats with some kryptonite in hand and supes strangling bats on his knee's like pic below.

also just saw this found this very funny gif.:lol

I'm interested in how some feel about the collar on superman or cape holder on him to those who have him in hand. Also I cant wait to try out the new flight stand for more dynamic flying pose's.

The collar is actually constructed very well, holds the cape perfectly with hardly any bunchiness to it. The issue is they used a black colored vinyl piece, it does however hold the actual neck post in place, which is probably why they have seam between the head and the top of the neck. I'd prefer the neck be movable with the head but then you would lose stability in the cape..so it's one sacrifice for another I guess :(

As far as the stand, It's great but could be so much better, like if the claw can pivot would really make it awesome. But it is definitely a step up from the old stands IMO

Thank's Guyver for info. I'm sure once he's in hand. I probably wont notice as much ,you guys with the great camera's and hi def pics are better then my eye sight lol. great pics Guyver. Love the one with the ladies in flight.

Last edited:

While they look great together, I am concerned about the height. IMO the full body shot of the two together looks awkward with Bats being too small. :dunno

Looks like about 3.5 to 4.5 inch difference in height if we are talking life size scale so it doesn't bother me as much especially as I always thought Supes was bigger. Let's say bats was 6' 1" and Supes 6' 4.5". It's not disproportionate but I'm basing this only on the photos as I ordered from SS.

Thank's Guyver for info. I'm sure once he's in hand. I probably wont notice as much ,you guys with the great camera's and hi def pics are better then my eye sight lol. great pics Guyver. Love the one with the ladies in flight.

The collar itself is not that bad, just the black color makes it stand out, To honest in hand gives you a whole different perception on the figure.

Myth from Pics
The Collar piece is too big and the S insignia is to low

Reality in hand
The collar is a tad thick, otherwise it's spot on in design from the film, just a flat black makes it stick out.

Because the Blue mesh used in the suit is so expressive, You start to hardly notice or care about the lowered insignia because all the colors surrounding the S blend so well.

Myth
The boots look too red, need to darken it

Reality
The boots are actually a lot darker than what pics depict

Myth
The Stripes are too dark

Reality
The Stripes are very form fitted to the suit in a beautiful designed pattern, and it has the sheen on the stitching which allows the light too bounce off giving it a different profile to different sources of light. Very natural

Myth
Why is the belt look yellow?

Reality
Camera Lighting makes it appear yellow
it's a very faint yellow gold which could pass for a naturally looking designer gold in hand, especially in broad daylight. I'd say 90% screen accurate.

Myth
The cape is wired

Reality
Cape is not wired, but it drapes over the body beautifully. Is it hard to pose, depending on the pose. But what works is it flows really naturally to the body and the length lets drape and futz with it with no worries of tear or overall bunching.

Myth
The newly designed stand allows any kind of posing

Reality
It does to a point. the rod or coil moves gracefully however the claw only moves left and right. Needs to be able to pivot up and down so you can hide the claw.

the things we can't control IMO

1. Neck seam, because the neck doesn't move with the head the collar locks the neck into place

2. Scale, HT just made the base body a bigger scale

3. Gauntlets are too dark, again choice of using a dark colored rubber piece

4. Collar too dark, colored rubber/ vinyl piece

5. Creases may form, I haven't had any issues, the mesh is really loose in most parts
These are just a speck of nitpicks that really don't matter once you see the figure in hand. It's still beautifully designed, spot on to the film at times and just another HT collector's dream from the movie

Last edited:

:banana:banana:yess::yess::yess:

I know my excitement over this topic is overkill, but as a customizer I'm really puzzled on what color scheme they did the stripes and cuffs because I've seen PF were it looks silver, movie stills..bluish grey. 1/4 Neca... metallic blue, Kotibukiya statue..Ice blue... WT# were they thinking for this color scheme for the movie costume..:panic::panic:

Why did they have to make this color option so difficult :gah:

I know that it changed through the course of making the movie. I think the details were more silver/blue and then with CG they darkened them. I saw Sideshow's PF before the movie came out and the details were very, shiny blue silver, but had to be darkened when the movie came out and they looked very different.

There's the 1:1 statue out there now where they didn't change the original and the details are very silver-y.

The collar itself is not that bad, just the black color makes it stand out, To honest in hand gives you a whole different perception on the figure.

Myth from Pics
The Collar piece is too big and the S insignia is to low

Reality in hand
The collar is a tad thick, otherwise it's spot on in design from the film, just a flat black makes it stick out.

Because the Blue mesh used in the suit is so expressive, You start to hardly notice or care about the lowered insignia because all the colors surrounding the S blend so well.

Myth
The boots look too red, need to darken it

Reality
The boots are actually a lot darker than what pics depict

Myth
The Stripes are too dark

Reality
The Stripes are very form fitted to the suit in a beautiful designed pattern, and it has the sheen on the stitching which allows the light too bounce off giving it a different profile to different sources of light. Very natural

Myth
Why is the belt look yellow?

Reality
Camera Lighting makes it appear yellow
it's a very faint yellow gold which could pass for a naturally looking designer gold in hand, especially in broad daylight. I'd say 90% screen accurate.

Myth
The cape is wired

Reality
Cape is not wired, but it drapes over the body beautifully. Is it hard to pose, depending on the pose. But what works is it flows really naturally to the body and the length lets drape and futz with it with no worries of tear or overall bunching.

Myth
The newly designed stand allows any kind of posing

Reality
It does to a point. the rod or coil moves gracefully however the claw only moves left and right. Needs to be able to pivot up and down so you can hide the claw.

the things we can't control IMO

1. Neck seam, because the neck doesn't move with the head the collar locks the neck into place

2. Scale, HT just made the base body a bigger scale

3. Gauntlets are too dark, again choice of using a dark colored rubber piece

4. Collar too dark, colored rubber/ vinyl piece

These are just a speck of nitpicks that really don't matter once you see the figure in hand. It's still beautifully designed, spot on to the film at times and just another HT collector's dream from the movie

:exactly:i agree with the above totally ,and very well thought out and expressed ,in my opinion this figure represents a massive leap forward in representing a uniformed figure ,as apposed to a fully suited figure ,eg ironman ,batman ,in a realistic way ,the overall likeness is astonishing in hand ,even more so than the fantastic pictures above

Hope this isn't too far out in being shipped. :drool Great pictures everyone. :clap

:exactly:i agree with the above totally ,and very well thought out and expressed ,in my opinion this figure represents a massive leap forward in representing a uniformed figure ,as apposed to a fully suited figure ,eg ironman ,batman ,in a realistic way ,the overall likeness is astonishing in hand ,even more so than the fantastic pictures above

I also forgot to add if there was ever a HT figure that gave me the impression that it can resemble a statue or PF just by design alone, this is absolutely one of them. Meaning I could pose him in a position and the effect is ominous IMO. Especially if you utilize the stand like removing the rod temporarily.

This presence could probably fool novices into thinking this is a resin or statue. It leaves that big of an impression on me. :lecture

Lighting really makes it pop IMO

Again these are just my assumptions and opinions. You guys can be your own judge when he arrives.

Last edited:

So talk about a bummer....listen to this garbage...mine was out for delivery this morn from post office @ 9:30 it said....waited all day and it never came and tracking status never changed either....so ab 3:45 I went to local post office to check it out and there was a sign on the door that they closed @ lunch for holidays....wtf really....now I will have to wait til after xmas! Still doesnt make sense to me tho how it was out for delivery in the status....hopefully it will be here 1st thing Thursday :banghead

everything I've seen from this figure Im really glad that I PO'd this figure back at June. Im also thinking on ordering the side show batman have them together as worlds finest that is until we get an affleck figure.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtKm1Vjigy0&feature=c4-overview&list=UU8uqDmSyxrn5kEjpuZbu4vw[/ame]

Last edited:

DSC02958.jpg

That looks F'ing real. Awesome job Guyver.

Do you guys think having the claw grasp his suit will cause damage overtime?

Thanks for the info Guyver- I am wondering how they made the cape look so good in the images on the Hot Toys Facebook page from all the famous photographers.

The cape looks amazing-- are they doing wire mods in those shots?

Do you guys think having the claw grasp his suit will cause damage overtime?

I don't think so, it's not that tight of a fit, also forgot to mention that there is backing to the claw to help brace the back of the figure loosening the grip of the claw

Thanks for the info Guyver- I am wondering how they made the cape look so good in the images on the Hot Toys Facebook page from all the famous photographers.

The cape looks amazing-- are they doing wire mods in those shots?

I kind of wondered that myself unless they tried something like this

Regardless this cape is fantastic to work with, wired or not

I don't think so, it's not that tight of a fit, also forgot to mention that there is backing to the claw to help brace the back of the figure loosening the grip of the claw

That's good news I want to pose mine in a flying pose.

Back