1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I really am looking forward to this figure, but his scale does seem way off...taller than T800 and IM figs? Not sure what it is about the MOS license that lots of license holders are getting scale wrong, but it seems HT and Play Arts Kai are both getting it wrong....Mattel's scale on the movie masters was good...the only thing wrong with them was fugly sculpting on Faora

Damn it...No updates on shipping:gah::

It might be Tues, Xmas eve for me now :pfft:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dlwseXVn0[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob83RPV_VKc[/ame]

Last edited:

You'd never see the blu tack.
But i shall experiment and see what works.

Haha I know man...not trying to pressure you to make it work either :1-1: blue tack just seems...cheap :lol either way, really looking forward to seeing the light up feature

Haha I know man...not trying to pressure you to make it work either :1-1: blue tack just seems...cheap :lol

I know. If i had access to the moulding shop that Headplay uses, i could take a HT MOS sculpt(Ideally two sculpts), chop the hair away on one, then remove the face on the other so the hair would attach to the first sculpt as a separate piece. Then i would thin them both out as much as possible and build an internal frame for the LEDs, sitting atop a ball joint, so you could take the hair off(Like a DX10), turn on the lights, then replace the hair.
I could still do all this without Headplay's moulding shop, but the result would have to be cast in resin.
It will be easier to thin out the head in one piece and add the LEDs in there as one piece.

Can someone post a pic of him next to the 1:6 Icons Zod (either version)? I never liked the Icons Superman so I bought the 1:6 Koto instead and he just looks way too tiny. I realize he's crouched, but hes obviously a smaller scale.

I know. If i had access to the moulding shop that Headplay uses, i could take a HT MOS sculpt(Ideally two sculpts), chop the hair away on one, then remove the face on the other so the hair would attach to the first sculpt as a separate piece. Then i would thin them both out as much as possible and build an internal frame for the LEDs, sitting atop a ball joint, so you could take the hair off(Like a DX10), turn on the lights, then replace the hair.
I could still do all this without Headplay's moulding shop, but the result would have to be cast in resin.
It will be easier to thin out the head in one piece and add the LEDs in there as one piece.

That's an awesome mod you're gonna do! I'd like to do the same. The drilling, thinning, even using the magnets does not frighten me, but the led part does.

I'm completely ignorant about them, so technically, what would I need exactly to make the same system you made in cap?

I can solder and all, just don't know what type of LEDs, wires and power source to use.

I've ordered two heads from headplay. One for CK, the other as a spare that might become a heat vision head ...:wave

That's an awesome mod you're gonna do! I'd like to do the same. The drilling, thinning, even using the magnets does not frighten me, but the led part does.

I'm completely ignorant about them, so technically, what would I need exactly to make the same system you made in cap?

I can solder and all, just don't know what type of LEDs, wires and power source to use.

I've ordered two heads from headplay. One for CK, the other as a spare that might become a heat vision head ...:wave

I have to admit to being fairly ignorant myself.
I generally only buy pre-wired systems.
I am thinking of asking a friend of mine who made this: https://vimeo.com/45359380 to make one for me for the Man Of Steel eyes.

I have to admit to being fairly ignorant myself.
I generally only buy pre-wired systems.
I am thinking of asking a friend of mine who made this: https://vimeo.com/45359380 to make one for me for the Man Of Steel eyes.

Ahh! Too bad!

I've already transferred the whole system contained in a DX 02 sonar neck into the head to adapt it to DX12 but that was easy since I only had to rewire an existing system. But I'm not even sure what I'd have to buy to make one. I'm pretty sure there are issues of voltage and so on....:(

Anyway, your friend knows his stuff, so I'll be watching how your heat vision head turns out:)

I always thought it was weird that they only used their heat vision when they got extremely pissed off in the MOS.

Snyder made it seem like the heat vision would only come out unless Supes and Zod were having a " Hulk " moment.

I was kind of bummed about that in the film but it reminded me of the Jim Lee Superman, so maybe that was what Zack was going for.

I just hope in Superman vs Batman the heat vision comes more naturally.

Ahh! Too bad!

I've already transferred the whole system contained in a DX 02 sonar neck into the head to adapt it to DX12 but that was easy since I only had to rewire an existing system. But I'm not even sure what I'd have to buy to make one. I'm pretty sure there are issues of voltage and so on....:(

Anyway, your friend knows his stuff, so I'll be watching how your heat vision head turns out:)

Well if you have the whole sonar system hauled out, it should be an absolute cinch.
That's an easy way to go if you can find a pre-wired system.
I have fired Ant a message.
With the system i put in Cap's head, all i did was attach two LEDs together, with both positive legs together, and both negative legs. They are just clamped tight so a flat cell can be inserted.
If Ant can come through, i am sure it will look cool.
If not, i can fit the previous system into a Cavill head.

I always thought it was weird that they only used their heat vision when they got extremely pissed off in the MOS.

Snyder made it seem like the heat vision would only come out unless Supes and Zod were having a " Hulk " moment.

I was kind of bummed about that in the film but it reminded me of the Jim Lee Superman, so maybe that was what Zack was going for.

I know. They also had a second or two afterwards where it was like they couldn't focus correctly after using it.
Strange choice. But i am sure his powers will increase as time goes on, and also become more refined.

He used his heat vision to carve a tunnel in the ice to the kryptonian ship. Seemed quite natural in that scene.

Well if you have the whole sonar system hauled out, it should be an absolute cinch.
That's an easy way to go if you can find a pre-wired system.
I have fired Ant a message.
With the system i put in Cap's head, all i did was attach two LEDs together, with both positive legs together, and both negative legs. They are just clamped tight so a flat cell can be inserted.
If Ant can come through, i am sure it will look cool.
If not, i can fit the previous system into a Cavill head.

If what you did was so simple, then I think I can do it!

When I transferred the DX02 LEDs, I inadvertently broke the switch. So I bought some tiny switches on eBay to replace them. That's easy to do. You could probably add one to yours easily!:)

Someone needs to make a diorama for Supermans suit like this:

tumblr_mmk5kraGwO1rrkahjo1_400.gif

He used his heat vision to carve a tunnel in the ice to the kryptonian ship. Seemed quite natural in that scene.

Yes, I remember that quite well and he was mad then. as for the anger bit. Well I didn't recall other moments he would have used it for anything but fighting. So using it when angry makes sense.

But he did use it other times when anger wasn't an issue. I also liked the idea that he had to shake it off after using it like it hurt a bit to use it.

He was mad when he carved the tunnel? I don't think he was. Even when he cauterized Lois' wound he was quite calm.

And he also used it to cauterize Lois's wound!

Which makes it even more weirder that they didn't show anything in that moment except Lois screaming. :thud: For a Zack Snyder film, that was sure a buzzkill moment for me :pfft:

well, it's not a Henry Cavill figure, it's a Superman figure, so Henry's actual height in real life has nothing to do with the scale

Back