1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

I cant remember what I paid for him from SSC, I think it was $180? That sounds like a much nicer amount.

That's a sweet deal too bad I have to pay taxes so I got mine for 204 I think lol.

Curious question for the regulars out there. When a 'hot' figure from 'Hot' Toys comes out at SSC, how long do they take to sell out?

I have one preordered with Flex Pay, though the pay plan stretches out to March. Does that mean when comes in they retrieve mine from their stock and hold it until my last payment is made?

I appreciate the wisdom. I'll be officially joining the fold on Monday when Jor-El arrives.

Yes it's yours unless you miss a payment or cancel.

How hard do you guys think it will be to remove the cape seeing the below picture? Do you think it will be possible without removing or damaging the suit?
4258d9f0-30e6-454e-b277-6a4abdc0f1ae.jpg

If they did it. It shouldn't be difficult

If they did it. It shouldn't be difficult

Yeah. If it went in, it has to come out.
I'd be more concerned that to get it off, you'd have to cut the threads, partially remove the suit, take out the cape and then attach a new one, before carefully putting the costume back on, then re-sewing the suit...

It is a bit bothersome that Superman turned out to be a giant.
I really never expected the figure to be that tall...
SSC Vader all over again. It's strange, it shouldn't be that hard to get a figures' height right.

I'd be more concerned that to get it off, you'd have to cut the threads, partially remove the suit, take out the cape and then attach a new one, before carefully putting the costume back on, then re-sewing the suit...

Who likes sewing..I sure don't :gah:

No way, if I have to take this apart it better be because I have a couple of spares.

Otherwise for my first one , I'm leaving the suit on :lecture

It is a bit bothersome that Superman turned out to be a giant.
I really never expected the figure to be that tall...
SSC Vader all over again. It's strange, it shouldn't be that hard to get a figures' height right.

i feel ya, i understand the need for some who like superman tall but this tall is just kinda annoying. it looks stunning on its own but where's the fun when you can't pose him with batman or the avengers? arghh i hope using shorter foot pegs will help as on ebay it seems he has the long ones.

No way, if I have to take this apart it better be because I have a couple of spares.

If I take one apart, I will sew in some of those little snaps to hold it closed afterwards.

i feel ya, i understand the need for some who like superman tall but this tall is just kinda annoying. it looks stunning on its own but where's the fun when you can't pose him with batman or the avengers? arghh i hope using shorter foot pegs will help as on ebay it seems he has the long ones.

only thing with doin this is....the cape will hang too low and boots might be too high. And with the longer torso it might just look odd....what yall think? Sure we will see pics of attempts soon lol :panic:

That's basically damaging to me, since I'd screw up :/

only thing with doin this is....the cape will hang too low and boots might be too high. And with the longer torso it might just look odd....what yall think? Sure we will see pics of attempts soon lol :panic:

well if we want to pose him with other 1/6 figures we got no choice! i guess with a little futz here and some play on angles, should be fine!

I don't mind sewing. I did it for the DX12 and many other figures/customs but I don't think I'll be replacing the cape on this. I may buy a second and customize it (new/darker cape, darker boots, darker red 'S', dark blue trim) and see which I like better.

Just got my Jor-El today. Now all we need is Kal to go with him and it'll be perfect. Come on Hot Toys!

One of the best pics so far IMO. Doesn't look so tan here

1499513_602809289792058_818467655_n.jpg

Agreed. :clap

:lol Great pic by Jingobell

1524687_10152124636691064_1327958699_n.jpg

Looks like Supes is ready to use his laser eyes on him too! :lol

After seeing these in-hand pics of this figure, any doubt it I had about this has disappeared. It's Perfect! :drool

sfb78g.jpg

(All pics courtesy of Toy News International)

So perfect! :thud:

I personally like the Big and Tall look it is Superman after all. I don't have any problem with the figure.

Can't wait for mine to arrive to display..I'm still gunning for this weekend, but maybe Monday at the latest :pray:

Can't wait to see your poses and pics! Your photography is always creative and refreshing! :hi5:

I don't know why you guys are complaining about the height. I reckon most of you will have him in flight poses. I know I'll be utilizing that dynamic stand

I kinda like that he is big. He will look god like next to the rest of my collection. As he should.

Back