1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

:nono Something is off about the head sculpt now. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't look as spot on as it did before? :ohbfrank:

Are the eyes smaller? Something's different, man.

i thought the same thing right when it came out, went back to the first page to compare, but couldnt find the differences

maybe hair sculpt, tad darker around the eyes on the sculpt, idk?

it's actually more spot on now than before. They gave Cavill too round a chin/jaw in the proto. its a bit more squared off now

it's actually more spot on now than before. They gave Cavill too round a chin/jaw in the proto. its a bit more squared off now

That's it, the jaw
I prefer the larger jaw on the right, but I'm not complaining!

I don't think so. I look at the older pic and say, that's Cavill, but looking at the new pics & video vs. before- it's hard to tell. Looks more like Reeves now. And the body is just too small now. When the corrected figure came out at Comic Con it seemed almost perfect but Cavill was pure bulk for his roll as the Man of Steel, so the first pics weren't all that off to me. I'm not saying they should have kept the thunder thighs but IMO the figure just seems off now compared to before. Afterlife: Alice was suppose to be my first Hot Toys figure until they changed her.. now I'm thinking about canceling this as well. :(

I don't think so. I look at the older pic and say, that's Cavill, but looking at the new pics & video vs. before- it's hard to tell. Looks more like Reeves now. And the body is just too small now. When the corrected figure came out at Comic Con it seemed almost perfect but Cavill was pure bulk for his roll as the Man of Steel, so the first pics weren't all that off to me. I'm not saying they should have kept the thunder thighs but IMO the figure just seems off now compared to before. Afterlife: Alice was suppose to be my first Hot Toys figure until they changed her.. now I'm thinking about canceling this as well. :(

The new sculpt is better with the fixed chin but the proto has more detail and better paint job it seems it has more wrinkles and shading etc. Most people hated that body that's why they changed it. If you are brave enough just buy arnolds body (which is the one they used for the proto) and swap them out.

Of course, it works against guys in the US that we in Europe are willing (with our own good reasons) to pay these prices.

Speak for yourselves guys, :lol being from the U.S., I should get my Supes hopefully by the weekend. if it's something I really want, I don't mind getting it overseas first :lecture

Sometimes SS takes way too long for me, especially if they delay it some more.

But I have Billmelater on Paypal with a ton of available credit plus theoption of buying now on eBay and pay later with the option of no payments, no interest for 6 months.

So I used some of it anyway on Supes.

Doesn't matter anyway, because I'll pay it off by next month:lecture

:nono Something is off about the head sculpt now. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't look as spot on as it did before? :ohbfrank:

ru185i.jpg

Are the eyes smaller? Something's different, man. And why the tan?

It's hard to tell, you're comparing a in hand shot to a shot with a special background and lighting (proto)

When I get mine then I'll see if it's Cavill or not:lecture

hopefully we can get a custom cape, I really don't like the cape from HT. HT never did a great job on the cape....LAMO

Last edited:

gah

I wish I wasn't so dang broke right now

I have several figures just setting in their boxes I could sell but I can't bring myself to part with them

ru185i.jpg

it's called lighting :wave

ru185i.jpg

You're comparing a headsculpt that was probably painted by HT's best painter with different lighting and photoshop to a headsculpt that was mass produced.

Is there a difference? Of course there is. But for a mass produced headsculpt... the paintwork is solid

Yeah, I just think it's lighting as well. Plus, the face is in a different position in both pictures as well which also adds to the illusion of a difference. OMG said the sculpt looked the same as proto so i'm not worried one bit.

it's called lighting :wave

You're comparing a headsculpt that was probably painted by HT's best painter with different lighting and photoshop to a headsculpt that was mass produced.

Is there a difference? Of course there is. But for a mass produced headsculpt... the paintwork is solid

Yeah, I just think it's lighting as well. Plus, the face is in a different position in both pictures as well which also adds to the illusion of a difference. OMG said the sculpt looked the same as proto so i'm not worried one bit.

The new sculpt is better with the fixed chin but the proto has more detail and better paint job it seems it has more wrinkles and shading etc. Most people hated that body that's why they changed it. If you are brave enough just buy arnolds body (which is the one they used for the proto) and swap them out.

Thanks everyone, I'm kinda new at this, and I hope you're right! @imaI2EAPEi2 These are the things that led me to pre-ordering this figure. It made it look so organic.. so alive. I just hope the more visuals that are released gives me that same excitement as when I first seen the Head Sculpt and corrected body at Comic Con. :)

Of course, it works against guys in the US that we in Europe are willing (with our own good reasons) to pay these prices.

You're right about that, but I'd say Sideshow has a responsibility too! They had to close their European warehouse when the crisis hit.

I didn't mind waiting a little more at the time and we used to know what we would pay in the end.

Now, shipping directly from the US, it's a real guessing game! You never know what you'll have to pay in the end! Plus you don't have the choice of USPS shipping! They lost me there! USPS has the advantage of sometimes getting through customs unnoticed (less and less, though, I admit)

UPS. is a great but very expensive carrier. And to go faster, they always process through custom in a voluntary way.

Trouble is, I don't know about the UK, but I can tell you that French customs are a very opaque system and it seems to depend on the custom officer that will inspect your package. I've seen stuff I almost had to pay double for!

This has become unacceptable for me!

Therefore, the HK route!

After seeing these in-hand pics of this figure, any doubt it I had about this has disappeared. It's Perfect! :drool

fyjrsi.jpg

2quogt2.jpg

2r723h0.jpg

209frlt.jpg

22hrvm.jpg

2a5nibr.jpg

2z3v3p4.jpg

2e3ojdh.jpg

vdd645.jpg

sfb78g.jpg

(All pics courtesy of Toy News International)

Thanks everyone, I'm kinda new at this, and I hope you're right! @imaI2EAPEi2 These are the things that led me to pre-ordering this figure. It made it look so organic.. so alive. I just hope the more visuals that are released gives me that same excitement as when I first seen the Head Sculpt and corrected body at Comic Con. :)

It's a whole different experience when you have the figure in person. I'm sure then it will look just as good as the prototype.

I have absolutely no doubt that when my figure arrives (Flexed so late Feb '14) I am certain that my wife and I will be as pleased as hell with it. I know it will not top the Chris Reeve Superman figure in her affections, but she is a mega Superman fan so I suspect that she will still be dribbling as she open it!

It's a whole different experience when you have the figure in person. I'm sure then it will look just as good as the prototype.

Thanks, and for some reason I want to ask you for a toothpick! :wink1:

Off topic, but has anybody ever made a figure of The Driver, from Drive? Would love to see that!

I have absolutely no doubt that when my figure arrives (Flexed so late Feb '14) I am certain that my wife and I will be as pleased as hell with it. I know it will not top the Chris Reeve Superman figure in her affections, but she is a mega Superman fan so I suspect that she will still be dribbling as she open it!

My Wife is also, so we can't wait to get this MoS... now! :clap

Thanks, and for some reason I want to ask you for a toothpick! :wink1:

Off topic, but has anybody ever made a figure of The Driver, from Drive? Would love to see that!

:lol

Unfortunately no. A member here is making a custom Drive figure, but they seem to think a lot of custom figures around here. It would be awesome if Hot Toys or even Neca would get the license to do Drive figures.

Back