1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Go to page one and tell me that isn't a TTM20 they have in there.

I have no idea what a TTM20 is supposed to look like. :dunno I just see a completed MoS prototype with head to toe pics and HT announcing that it's a newly sculpted body, that's all. I was just wondering where some of you were getting your confidence that we'll see improvement upon final release.

Thunder thighs make this a 'wait and see' situation.

I have no idea what a TTM20 is supposed to look like. :dunno I just see a completed MoS prototype with head to toe pics and HT announcing that it's a newly sculpted body, that's all. I was just wondering where some of you were getting your confidence that we'll see improvement upon final release.

Bane, Reeve Superman from HT.

Bane everyone said was way too thin in the proto pics. Reeve was a little cross-eyed.

The Reeve Superman is the best figure I own, and Bane turned out great IMO.

That's just for me personally.

HT can't respond to thousands of comments via Facebook that rip apart their protos, but now that the film has been released, with the blu-ray likely coming out in Octoberish, they can take a look at a lot more photos and get the likeness closer.

That's why I think this figure will end up looking great. I can totally see the wait and see method with this one though if that works best for some.

This is a TTM20 next to a TTM19:

Untitled-1.jpg~original

Fat fingered the (order) anyhow it's still the same price as sideshow.

Finally gave in and PO'd 2 of them.

anyone know what the suit is made of ?

I just came back from an early (for Australia) screening that was organised by a local comic store. A really excellent movie. There was no mucking about and sugar coating which just made the whole movie much more immersive and it's world full of wonder.

I can't wait to see what's next and how other DC characters will be introduced.

It also makes the wait for HT MOS figs more agonising.

Seriously, what is going on? They have not even shown Jor-El yet.

In other news, the amount of whining going on over this film is both amusing, and epic.... and actually pretty sad. You'd think Superman had been possessed by Kandarian demons or something. A complete denial of plot-points, and of basic logic even.

Its very sad to me that people just wanted to see the 1978 Superman recast with new actors, but otherwise no changes. But even that would have set off endless griping.

I'm not even sure the fans deserve another film in this series. Whatever gets done, they are not going to like.... why bother.

In other news, the amount of whining going on over this film is both amusing, and epic.... and actually pretty sad. You'd think Superman had been possessed by Kandarian demons or something. A complete denial of plot-points, and of basic logic even.

Its very sad to me that people just wanted to see the 1978 Superman recast with new actors, but otherwise no changes. But even that would have set off endless griping.

I'm not even sure the fans deserve another film in this series. Whatever gets done, they are not going to like.... why bother.

it does suck, but don't let it get you down. It is amusing how people hated Superman Returns, which was a Donner retread because it was boring and unoriginal. We now have a new exciting take on the character, and some still want to complain. I love the film, and refuse to let any one dampen that for me. Can't wait for this figure. I just need HT to do Zod and Faora-Ul. I'm on the fence with Jor-El. I might pick him up, but I just don't see him as essential to the collection like Superman and the baddies.

Yes i agree. most people who criticize the movie and state the reasons why they didn't like it seem to miss things in the movie or just weren't able to follow it. And they can't let go of Reeve's Superman. They also must hate the original comic book Superman who couldn't fly, terrorized bad guys (who deserved it.), didn't get his powers from the earths sun, raised in an orphanage, etc etc.

I just really think it's Avengers movie and TDK franchise raising the standards for superhero movies.

Yep can't wait for MoS 2. Rather have HT make General Zod and Faora first than Jor-El.

It is amusing how people hated Superman Returns, which was a Donner retread because it was boring and unoriginal.

Actually, there were a LOT of reviews when SR came out that praised it for sticking so faithfully to the classic Donner movies.
It's only on reflection that people rubbish it so much.

Actually, there were a LOT of reviews when SR came out that praised it for sticking so faithfully to the classic Donner movies.
It's only on reflection that people rubbish it so much.

I meant fans mostly. Critics loved that horrible film. I personally am tired of all the remakes, reboots and reimangings. I don't want to go to the cinema to see a film i have at home on Blu-ray because you changed the actors and updated the special effects. I want originality. MoS gave me that. As much as you can from a property that has existed over 75 years. I don't want Donner redux anymore than I want Burton's Batman redux. MoS gave a new take on a classic character. I like this version of Superman. Cavil is my Superman.

I meant fans mostly. Critics loved that horrible film. I personally am tired of all the remakes, reboots and reimangings. I don't want to go to the cinema to see a film i have at home on Blu-ray because you changed the actors and updated the special effects. I want originality. MoS gave me that. As much as you can from a property that has existed over 75 years. I don't want Donner redux anymore than I want Burton's Batman redux. MoS gave a new take on a classic character. I like this version of Superman. Cavil is my Superman.

:exactly::goodpost:

Back