1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I just really think it's Avengers movie and TDK franchise raising the standards for superhero movies.

If anything, MoS was the one raising the bar; we saw things in MoS that we had never quite seen before.

I know people love to complain, I love to complain too. I do! its just so incessant for this movie, and everyone is wanting to see their personal vision of this and that, and its not a realistic expectation. What you are going to see is the DIRECTOR'S personal vision. That is just how it works!

If anything, MoS was the one raising the bar; we saw things in MoS that we had never quite seen before.

I know people love to complain, I love to complain too. I do! its just so incessant for this movie, and everyone is wanting to see their personal vision of this and that, and its not a realistic expectation. What you are going to see is the DIRECTOR'S personal vision. That is just how it works!

Yeah the movie thread has been taken over by people who just want to ***** cause they didn't get the William's score, or that it was not the Reeve version therefore it is invalid. The figure thread seems to be the only place for people who enjoyed the film.

Superhero movies are just like the re-boots they do in comic books with different writers and artists!! I loved this movie. different take, but I rolled with it and it was fantastic.

You are right, there was some material in MOS which was completely fresh and worked brilliliantly. And yes of course it's going to be the director and writers vision.

The only real issues I have with the movie were not down to taste, vision, interpretation. But rather elements which were poor or fundamentally flawed, the dialogue, some of the performances, the pacing. There are some terribly cheesy moments in MOS, those were not intentionally cheesy, there were some cringeworthy sections of dialogue in MOS, those moments were not intentionally bad etc..

Those areas have come in for the most critism generally.
*****ing that the JW theme wasn't used is silly, the Zimmer score fitted this incarnation of Superman.

Last edited:

Superhero movies are just like the re-boots they do in comic books with different writers and artists!! I loved this movie. different take, but I rolled with it and it was fantastic.

:exactly::goodpost: This! A thousand times this!

You are right, there was some material in MOS which was completely fresh and worked brilliliantly. And yes of course it's going to be the director and writers vision.

The only real issues I have with the movie were not down to taste, vision, interpretation. But rather elements which were poor or fundamentally flawed, the dialogue, some of the performances, the pacing. There are some terribly cheesy moments in MOS, those were not intentionally cheesy, there were some cringeworthy sections of dialogue in MOS, those moments were not intentionally bad etc..

Those areas have come in for the most critism generally.
*****ing that the JW theme wasn't used is silly, the Zimmer score fitted this incarnation of Superman.

Exactly. It's not the vision we're *****ing about. It's the execution of the finer elements.

And I like Zimmer score way better. Sticking to any of the past Superman's would have been even worse.

It's astounding to me how so many seem to not understand this. I'm not saying for a minute that if a person didn't like MOS that they're close-minded. People dig what they dig, BUT there is that segment of those that cling onto the history of a character far too firmly.

I guess that's simply part and parcel for a character of Supes caliber. Many have a huge investment in these characters that they get something firmly set in their minds, and that's how it has to be or they're not happy.

Last edited:

Tell that to the guys who don't like it .

Tell that to the guys who don't like it .

So, you're suggesting people "just roll with it", if they didn't find themselves liking the film? :dunno

So, you're suggesting people "just roll with it", if they didn't find themselves liking the film? :dunno

I'm not going into a debate in a hot toys thread but the short answer is no but if someone don't like it fine speak their peace and move on .

I'm not going into a debate in a hot toys thread but the short answer is no but if someone don't like it fine speak their peace and move on .

It goes both ways. But I agree.:)

Captain%20America%20understood%20that%20reference.gif

Totally OT, but check out RDJ in the background. Might that be the elusive source material for the Mk VII head sculpt? :lol

Anyway, I finally checked out MoS last night. Caville made for a charming Supes -- restrained, contemplative, and high road privy. Cool sauce, indeed. But...

SPOILERS

What was up with the actress who played Lara?

*Gives up Kal* *Two tears* " 'kay, I'm good." :dance
*Jor dies* *One tear* " 'kay, I'm good." :dance
*Planet dies* *No tears* " 'kay, I'm good." :wave

:thud::slap

Totally OT, but check out RDJ in the background. Might that be the elusive source material for the Mk VII head sculpt? :lol

Anyway, I finally checked out MoS last night. Caville made for a charming Supes -- restrained, contemplative, and high road privy. Cool sauce, indeed. But...

SPOILERS

Reminds me of Leonidas's wife in 300 ...

... "because only Kryptonian women give birth to real men."

SnakeDoc

I meant fans mostly. Critics loved that horrible film. I personally am tired of all the remakes, reboots and reimangings. I don't want to go to the cinema to see a film i have at home on Blu-ray because you changed the actors and updated the special effects. I want originality. MoS gave me that. As much as you can from a property that has existed over 75 years. I don't want Donner redux anymore than I want Burton's Batman redux. MoS gave a new take on a classic character. I like this version of Superman. Cavil is my Superman.

Wow! I couldn't have said that better myself. I loved MoS! It was definitely a fresh and modern take on the character. Kudos to the film makers that were willing to try it too. Cavill is now MY Superman... Let the new franchise begin! :exactly::goodpost::hi5:

SPOILERS

This my wife's only complaint about the film... Especially when she was motionless watching her husband die....

Maybe it was shocked? On a diffrent note, you guys think HT will announce any MoS figures during SDCC? Or they will wait till they get Superman out first?

Reminds me of Leonidas's wife in 300 ...

... "because only Kryptonian women give birth to real men."

SnakeDoc

Haha. BTW: you are a deity amongst mortals for writing, "Leonidas's," instead of "Leonidas'." :lecture :clap So many people, including journalists, get that wrong nowadays. :dunno

Yeah she should have shouted "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of her lungs and had tears and snot pouring down her face. That would have totally sold me on her sorrow. It's what any normal woman would do. :dunno

Haha. BTW: you are a deity amongst mortals for writing, "Leonidas's," instead of "Leonidas'." :lecture :clap So many people, including journalists, get that wrong nowadays. :dunno

Are you not supposed to do that with names?

Back