1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

The head sculpt looks perfect. Even the body looks good in this picture.

Spoiler Spoiler:
The figure looks really good overall in this picture if you ask me.

^ Agreed. On HT facebook it seems to be getting praise, so that's a good sign.

I just can't believe how long we have to wait. What are the odds this gets released around X-mas instead?

I'm sure figure will look amazing in hand. Definitely want Zod, Fiora and Jor-El. I'm sure they will also make at least one more Superman/Kal-El.

Possibly
Spoiler Spoiler:

^ Agreed. On HT facebook it seems to be getting praise, so that's a good sign.

I've noticed comments on FB usually tend to be more on the positive side no matter what figure's being released. Probably due to them just being comments from general collectors with no care about how many centimeters his wrists are.

I've noticed comments on FB usually tend to be more on the positive side no matter what figure's being released. Probably due to them just being comments from general collectors with no care about how many centimeters his wrists are.

:lol That's true. It's one thing to say something looks off, but some people take that **** way too far.

I just can't believe how long we have to wait. What are the odds this gets released around X-mas instead?

I wouldn't rule it out. I may be mistaken, but if i remember correctly, both dx02 and dx12 were released like...1-2 months ahead of schedule, just in time for the holidays.

Kinda backfired on the dx02 however as that was plagued with problems from the get go. Problems ranging from warped heads to oily abs.

I wouldn't rule it out. I may be mistaken, but if i remember correctly, both dx02 and dx12 were released like...1-2 months ahead of schedule, just in time for the holidays.

Kinda backfired on the dx02 however as that was plagued with problems from the get go. Problems ranging from warped heads to oily abs.

yep got my DX12 at the end of October. Hoping the same for this. Of it could end up like ASM and be in production limbo :panic:

I'm just assuming here, but I'm thinking Legendver2 meant make the arms like the Avenger Thor figure which has more defined biceps and shoulders, which wouldn't work b/c the sleeves on Thor's arms are like a vinyl material which wouldn't work with this figures suit

Yes you got it, just make it contour more to his arm and shoulder shape like Thor. I've never owned the Thor figure, so I don't know what material it is, but is it not possible to make it contour with the fabric presented? It should be stiff enough since it's rubberized right?

I think this film is going to have a bigger impact and be more popular than the Spider-man film, so there's that. The Spidey reboot puts me in mind of X-Men: First Class or Tron: Legacy - films that definitely have a fan base, but super-mega-blockbusters.... maybe no.

I think this film is going to have a bigger impact and be more popular than the Spider-man film, so there's that. The Spidey reboot puts me in mind of X-Men: First Class or Tron: Legacy - films that definitely have a fan base, but super-mega-blockbusters.... maybe no.

:lecture that and the fact the film has made a killing at the box office this weekend and while I may get a bashing for this Superman as a character is probably THE iconic superhero.

Well, Spidey is right up there behind Batman and Supes as far as recognizability. I just feel like the Raimi films made a much bigger impact, almost everyone liked those. Whereas, not everyone liked the new Peter Parker, and they're making major changes with this new series - and I don't know how well that will go over long-term.

Then you have the fact that the costumes have been a MAJOR headache for both HT and Mediacom. Neither one really looks good, or is really right.

I don't think these figures from MoS will get back-burnered; I might be totally wrong, just my opinion.

Well, Spidey is right up there behind Batman and Supes as far as recognizability. I just feel like the Raimi films made a much bigger impact, almost everyone liked those. Whereas, not everyone liked the new Peter Parker, and they're making major changes with this new series - and I don't know how well that will go over long-term.

Then you have the fact that the costumes have been a MAJOR headache for both HT and Mediacom. Neither one really looks good, or is really right.

I don't think these figures from MoS will get back-burnered; I might be totally wrong, just my opinion.

Fair play to you dude, I personally feel Spidey is still waiting for his movie to be made I can't stand any of Sam Raimi's Spiderman films they're silly to me, I've never even watched the third one.

The train scene in the second one was one of the worst scenes I've seen in a comic book movie, apart from Batman and Robin :banghead :lol

But that's my opinion.

I hope this guy doesn't get delayed, I've pre-ordered him. :hi5:

There was no other Spidey films to compare the Rami films to. So of course the reboot isn't going to be as widely accepted as the original. Even Man of Steel has its share of Reeve die hards against it. Star Wars has the OT vs PT. Even X-men has the original trilogy vs every other film (can't wait to see what DoFP does to that :panic: ).

Personally, I think the Parker headsculpt is the hold up on the Spidey figure. They still haven't revealed it officially - just at the con so far. That's maybe another reason the original Red and Blue Rami Spidey didn't included a Parker sculpt - they wanted to streamline that one and work on the likeness issues while still developing the Black Suit version.

As bare bones as this figure is, I can easily see them fast tracking it. Nothing complicated here they might run into issues on like the die cast Iron Man figures. This could turn out as a quick Pre-order like Snake Eyes and Barney Ross - especially if the film is REALLY popular. That would also bode well for Zod and others being made too.

Fair play to you dude, I personally feel Spidey is still waiting for his movie to be made I can't stand any of Sam Raimi's Spiderman films they're silly to me, I've never even watched the third one.

My gawd, if you didn't like the first two, whatever you do DO NOT watch the third one! S-M3 makes the first two look like King Lear and I kid you not. I honestly consider S-M3 to be in my top ten Worst Films Ever.

Harry Osborn and Mary Jane in Harry's kitchen, frying up some scrambled eggs and bopping to some pop music: check.

Peter Parker boogying down the street in tune to some music in his head: check. [I do not lie!]

That 70's Guy as Venom, spouting deathless prose such as "I like being bad. It makes me happy"? Check.

Oh, don't watch it, those are just a few low points. Unless you want a headache that lasts a whole week long :wink1:

He looked too big in the movie and the toy looks too big.

Superman wouldn't have beach muscles. He would have deceptively strong farmer strength from shucking hay and doing chores. Lean corded steel muscle.

Not some beach muscle roid freak.

Sigh.

The movie was good. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it felt like I was watching a bad cam rip it was so dark and grainy.

He looked too big in the movie and the toy looks too big.

Superman wouldn't have beach muscles. He would have deceptively strong farmer strength from shucking hay and doing chores. Lean corded steel muscle.

Not some beach muscle roid freak.

Sigh.

Thousands upon thousands of images in the comics say otherwise.

Back