1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

nevermind that everyone's complaining about the body being too bulky and the head sculpt not being 100% accurate, which I think is pretty darn close already... the CAPE!! It's not dark enough ... the cape in the movie is more of a crimson, dark red, not christmas red or Thor cape red. I really hope they fix this, otherwise i may actually pass on it.

Yeah HT got the blue right but the reds and yellows are off. Too bright.

This prototype will be known as 'Nugget Man' to me till they tweak it. :lol

... the CAPE!! It's not dark enough ... the cape in the movie is more of a crimson, dark red, not christmas red or Thor cape red. I really hope they fix this, otherwise i may actually pass on it.

:exactly: Its amazing how HT can be so meticulous with some details and then completely blind to others.

" Make sure the chain mail pattern on the body suit is the correct scale! Put it on the emblem and the boots. Also make sure to add shading over the suit to bring out the muscle definition. Don't forget to weather those boots!"

"Hey, Superman's cape is red, right? "

"Yea Duh, its always red ! Now I want a 1/6 scale Kryptonian Command Key. Its gotta be precisely 4 millimeters! Did you weather the soles of the boots ?! WELL DO IT AGAIN, I WANNA SEE MUD !" :panic:

:slap

Oh I probably should say the Sideshow PF to prevent confusion, I am sure you probably know it but below is the thread anyway.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128441

And there are more pics of it on the sideshow website here in this link.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...%22_blank%22%3e&utm_campaign=Custom_Affiliate

Sorry. From the wording of your previous post I thought Trevor had sculpted a custom 1/6 head.
I spent about twenty minutes combing the forum for it...
I think the HT head, for all its issues, is the better sculpt.
Just one mans opinion.

"Come with me if you want to live."

that plastic enemies pic looks soooooooooo good body looks fine to me although I do hope they tweak it just a little bit fine tuning which they always do and also cape a bit darker but this is minor minor niggles on an otherwise awesome figure, how do plastic enemies pics always look that bit more realistic

6a853733gw1e5ompbwozsj20th16j7di.jpg

that's the pic im talking about

Sorry. From the wording of your previous post I thought Trevor had sculpted a custom 1/6 head. I spent about twenty minutes combing the forum for it...

Nothing to feel sorry for, I should of been more clear since Trevor doesn't just sculpt for sideshow. I am just sorry I did not explain it correctly so u didn't have to spend so much time combing the thread!

I think the HT head, for all its issues, is the better sculpt.
Just one mans opinion.

Yeah I think you might be right but there aren't really any good angles for sideshows PF for comparison, but from what I can see I agree Hot Toys one looks better.

I want to see a full reveal of this...

JorEl_zps23d68712.jpg

And then Zod. Faora would be great too, but I think that chances for her are more scarce. I thought that she was very well played, as a stone cold killer enjoying her job just a bit too much.

I suspect that this will push a little resurgence into the careers of Crowe, Costner, Fishbourne and Adams but that the breakout stars will be Michael Shannon and Antje Traue (a possible Wonder Woman contender, despite her German roots). Cavill is, I think, on a bit of a precarious slope...just as Chris Reeve was during his time in the suit. But he did well and I wish him success.

But folks...the man is no longer with us...His name was Christopher Reeve, to many the definitive Superman and not Reeves or reeves or reeve...so let's at least show him the respect (and if not that, then at least the common courtesy) of getting his name right.

superman_christopher_reeve1-2.jpg

:exactly: Its amazing how HT can be so meticulous with some details and then completely blind to others.

" Make sure the chain mail pattern on the body suit is the correct scale! Put it on the emblem and the boots. Also make sure to add shading over the suit to bring out the muscle definition. Don't forget to weather those boots!"

"Hey, Superman's cape is red, right? "

"Yea Duh, its always red ! Now I want a 1/6 scale Kryptonian Command Key. Its gotta be precisely 4 millimeters! Did you weather the soles of the boots ?! WELL DO IT AGAIN, I WANNA SEE MUD !" :panic:

:slap

I'm happy with the red, every promo image released was touched up to make the red brighter. Its like Warners preferred it more of a red, but the film makers made it darker. I almost guarantee that the sequel and justice league version will have more of a brighter red.

The only beef I have with this figure is the wrist gauntlets, should have been sculpted into the suit, rather than an over the top add on. They are just far to chunky.

Man%20of%20Steel%20Suit.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great price just ordered onesixthbruce all the way, get it bit later but their prices are top notch

Question for those who have seen the movie:

Does he do a shirt rip in the film?

Nothing that I noticed, but some indications of other characters existing.

I like the figure and I preordered it, but I do agree that the body is too bulky. As far as the sculpt is concerned it's pretty good. As long as it captures the essence of the person portraying the character it's alright with me. Some of course are better than others.The Reeve sculpt is really close(90-95%?)

Back