1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't really mind not having laser headsculpt on this one
since the hs we're getting is already perfect.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would love the heat vision sculpt, but I am content with what we are getting. The only thing I am looking at that I would replace on the HT fig is the cape. It just doesn't look right to me. As far as HT releasing other variants of Superman, I might be down for those depending on what they give us.

I think the Avengers Cap body would be best for this figure. Not sure. Reeve superman might not be buff enough in the arms and not slim enough in the waist. Arnold body just too big.
6ume5yny.jpg
tepemy2a.jpg
ga2a2ysy.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I am going to go back this weekend to see it on the big screen again. I really loved this film! and can't wait for this figure.

All of the toy to movie comparison shots made me cancel my order.
Hot Toys might fix it but right now $200.00 is too much to pay for something that is that "off". It needs too look like the Sideshow body.

Hot Toys might fix it but right now $200.00 is too much to pay for something that is that "off". It needs too look like the Sideshow body.
It will never look like the Sideshow body. You're comparing a 1/6 Scale figure to a Premium Format statue. You just won't get that body definition in 1/6 scale.

Are you referring to those silly little side by sides with red circles and arrows and what-not?

Because honestly, I cannot tell what exactly pointing out with those comparisons

Can anyone else see what's 'wrong' with the movie suit and HT suit as fasr design is concerned? (i.e not colours)

Off to see MOS tonight...

I hope it doesn't change my mind about getting the figure...I'm sure it won't though!! :)

Looking at the photos, I am actually starting to get used the bulkier body, as it still looks in proportion with his head, but I wouldn't grumble if Hot Toys released him with a leaner one for release!!

When I saw MOC it made me want more to get the figure!

Are you referring to those silly little side by sides with red circles and arrows and what-not?

Because honestly, I cannot tell what exactly pointing out with those comparisons

Can anyone else see what's 'wrong' with the movie suit and HT suit as fasr design is concerned? (i.e not colours)

Oh please don't ask for the measurements and comparison lines.. :lol

Figure already looks superb for a scaled high-end toy, imo.

I think the Avengers Cap body would be best for this figure. Not sure. Reeve superman might not be buff enough in the arms and not slim enough in the waist. Arnold body just too big.

That could work, and then switch the Thor body with Arnold's.

Yes, because the opinions of people on the internet sway me all the time. And the only way to ever get that level of definition on the 1/6 figure would be to sculpt the costume on the body. And that would be stupid.

Yes, captain america body is a very good choice.

Using the Avengers Cap body would require a SCULPTED neck that would match the head sculpt's skin tone. Standard TT necks would look too plasticy, and given the wide neckline of the costume, the unsightly cut on the neck joint from the collarbone might be visible.

I admire people who have the skills, time, and money to mod their figures in order to make them "perfect". But I guess planning on it in advance and posting these options with the possibility of HT reps monitoring them might result to the necessary changes/improvements we all wish the final product would have compared to the protos not happening. Why would they bother if people would buy anyway and just do the changes themselves by spending more on bodies done by -- yep, Hot Toys.

oncc is notorious for bad photos.... mainly because everything they shoot is in magnified flash that makes everything look bad.

Actually they are the best, because they don't alter the figure with photoshop or shoot it with dark backgrounds ect...

The OB.CC have shown more detail of the figure than HT themselves, they really show what your getting for the good and for the bad.

Finally, some better photos, Better photos to support my decision to definitely pass on this and wait for version 2.

Sorry guys, some of you can always convince yourself that there won't be another better version and that's perfectly fine if it makes you sleep better at night. And even if HT does make some tweaks before they mass produce this, the next version always tends to be better.

:exactly:

I think On.cc is a safe basis for judging whether to PO or not.
If after seeing on.cc pics, you still like the figure, put up your pre-order. :hi5:

If not, wait for in-hand pics.

The only thing that really looks off to me are the lines on his sides, its slightly different. Also, the wrist bracers seem to be either too thick, or positioned wrong.

Everything else that photo shows 'wrong' can easily be fixed with proper futzing.

I just realized they didn't include any broken handcuffs

I just realized they didn't include any broken handcuffs

There are plenty of 1/6 scale handcuffs out there. I have a pair that came with my HT T-1000 that I'll be using on Superman.

Back