1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one who doesn't see the need for the tony meis collar mod? I love mine straight out the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who doesn't see the need for the tony meis collar mod? I love mine straight out the box

Don't get me wrong, the figure without the mod is one the best hot toys. But, the mod gives the figure something else.

He is great out of the box, but the collar mod absolutely transforms the piece and takes it to an entirely new level of awesome. I understand being skittish about ripping up a $200 figure, but it's relatively safe in terms of danger to the figure (haven't heard a single horror story yet) and it's easy to do following all the great "job aids" posted here and on YouTube. It's all individual preference, of course, but I think anyone who loves this figure owes it to themselves to give it a try. It's AMAZING....

FullSizeRender (3).jpg
Another collar mod with Tony's cape.

I would imagine doing the mod hurts the resale value of the figure given it's not stock or mint anymore.

I would imagine doing the mod hurts the resale value of the figure given it's not stock or mint anymore.

Yep, if you mod your figure in any way its going to lose £$ on the after market, even if the mod makes the figure look tons better, most people like to get a figure as close to new & mint condition as possible.

This is a ridiculous conversation. Anyone who's doing this mod is doing it to imrove THEIR figure, right? Because you love the character and the piece, right? Why would ANYONE who is just flipping figures consider the mod, and why would anyone who loves the figure enough to do the mod ever consider a flip?

If you like you figure stock, or if you're afraid to do this simple mod, then by all means, keep him stock. No need to come up with reasons or justifications NOT to do the mod. What am I missing?

And, by the way, if I was trolling eBay and found a pre-modded figure that was done well, I'd easily pay a reasonable premium for that service having been performed pre-purchase - because it looks fantastic. Anyone who is a true collector and not just looking to make a buck realizes the improvement of the mod and the value (to a collector) that it brings. Unless you trade these things like stocks, anytime in the future that you find a need or desire to get rid of this piece, my guess is that the line that forms to buy it will be considerably longer if it has the mod (and even more so if it also has the Tony Mei cape).

Last edited:
Doesn't look too bad, Emerald. You could easily fix it by detaching and lowering just the center of the collar. The left and right edges of the collar look perfectly centered and level relative to the "S".

This is a ridiculous conversation. Anyone who's doing this mod is doing it to imrove THEIR figure, right? Because you love the character and the piece, right? Why would ANYONE who is just flipping figures consider the mod, and why would anyone who loves the figure enough to do the mod ever consider a flip?

If you like you figure stock, or if you're afraid to do this simple mod, then by all means, keep him stock. No need to come up with reasons or justifications NOT to do the mod. What am I missing?

And, by the way, if I was trolling eBay and found a pre-modded figure that was done well, I'd easily pay a reasonable premium for that service having been performed pre-purchase - because it looks fantastic. Anyone who is a true collector and not just looking to make a buck realizes the improvement of the mod and the value (to a collector) that it brings. Unless you trade these things like stocks, anytime in the future that you find a need or desire to get rid of this piece, my guess is that the line that forms to buy it will be considerably longer if it has the mod (and even more so if it also has the Tony Mei cape).

I wasn't really talking about flippers, just collectors in general, just because you love the figure now doesn't mean you love it 2 years from now or get bored with it, or want to replace it with a newer version.... Anyways I was just making a general comment given how much these figures cost, I wasn't criticizing people who mod their figures...

I wasn't really talking about flippers, just collectors in general, just because you love the figure now doesn't mean you love it 2 years from now or get bored with it, or want to replace it with a newer version.... Anyways I was just making a general comment given how much these figures cost, I wasn't criticizing people who mod their figures...

I understand where you're coming from, dan.

Where did the rest of this conversation go..? There were at least three or four more responses. Didn't think there was anything offensive that needed moderators to step in, agree?

Back