1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have them too. And they look amazing together ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416045562.330327.jpg

Does leaving the figure in a flying pose with his arms up will damage the suit in the long term?

I contacted Sideshow with pictures of my MoS figure. One picture showed the boot folded in on itself and warped and the other picture showed the crooked symbol with glue all over the collar and shirt.

They sent me back a letter stating that they wouldn't send me a replacement because it wouldn't look any better. I really got a kick out of this line: "Please keep in mind that these items are hand crafted and are as unique from one another as the characters they bring to life."

:rotfl

I contacted Sideshow with pictures of my MoS figure. One picture showed the boot folded in on itself and warped and the other picture showed the crooked symbol with glue all over the collar and shirt.

They sent me back a letter stating that they wouldn't send me a replacement because it wouldn't look any better. I really got a kick out of this line: "Please keep in mind that these items are hand crafted and are as unique from one another as the characters they bring to life."

:slap

Sorry to hear that, man. You got this with a Spook deal, right? May be the reason why they don't want to send a replacement.

:slap

Sorry to hear that, man. You got this with a Spook deal, right? May be the reason why they don't want to send a replacement.

This is the second one that I've owned. I remember how impressed I was when I took the first one out of the box. Taking this second one out of the box... yuck. I could tell something was off immediately. The boot is deformed and there is glue ALL OVER the shirt, collar and symbol. It's hard as a rock. I sent a follow up e-mail to Sideshow letting them know how unhappy I was with their previous e-mail. Just have to wait and see how it goes.

This is the second one that I've owned. I remember how impressed I was when I took the first one out of the box. Taking this second one out of the box... yuck. I could tell something was off immediately. The boot is deformed and there is glue ALL OVER the shirt, collar and symbol. It's hard as a rock. I sent a follow up e-mail to Sideshow letting them know how unhappy I was with their previous e-mail. Just have to wait and see how it goes.

I hope it works out for you. It's on a much smaller scale, but I'm waiting on a defective RoboCop remote. :lol

Man that sucks. Can you post the pics? Curious to see why they would say no.

i always kicked myself because i didnt realize my ssc purchased mos had a big crease in the boot on one side
by time i realised it, it was too late(months had passed)
now it sounds like they wouldnt have done anything anyways

Last edited:
i always kicked myself because i didnt realize my ssc purchased mos had a big crease in the boot on one side
by time i realised it, it was too late(months had passed)
now it sounds like they wouldnt have done anything anyways

Looks like the foam peg surround might have shifted. Take the boot off and remove the foam peg surround. Or fiddle with it till it's back in place. That will sort it.

Man that sucks. Can you post the pics? Curious to see why they would say no.

20141113_203423.jpg

20141113_203436.jpg

20141113_203525.jpg

A - The symbol/collar are uneven and cannot be straightened. This could be due to the fact that the entire area between the symbol and collar is clearly covered in glue and rock hard. In hand it looks even more off than the picture. Like I said, I noticed this straight out of the box. The logo actually looks like it's digging into the chest rather than sitting on top of it.

B - The boot shipped like this and is quite deformed now.

The QC on this guy must have been lacking due to the seemingly high production run.

Looks like the foam peg surround might have shifted. Take the boot off and remove the foam peg surround. Or fiddle with it till it's back in place. That will sort it.

thank you sir! I removed the boot and I can see the foam below the peg. Do I need to pull the foam up into the bent spot and re-attach?

Last edited:
Back