1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?

Jor-El's entire idea was to say that Kryptonians could be what they wanted to be, when Doctrine said they couldn't.

What if Jor-El had studied fighting techniques, even though he wasn't supposed to?
And what if Jor-El was genetically engineered to be able to assimilate any technical knowledge? Even though he's *supposed* to be studying science, if he was willing to break one set of laws, he could have broken more.
It's not a stretch to me that Jor-El could have learned fighting techniques.
Or that Zod wouldn't have been prepared to fight a scientist on even terms.

I can accept that he may have secretly but if not following the intended path was qreatly frowned upon who did he study with? And, especially with fighting where did he get enough real world experience to successfully defeat a bred warrior(who was younger and stronger than JorEl)?

I concur; despite the flaws with the film, the HT figures are great, and the film remained true enough to the characters for me to appreciate the figures.
Here is my Superman display as of now.

008.JPG

@Username I agree the Zod/Jor El fight really is the least of their problems. Now you have a good point, I could totally believe that Jor El had gone outside his station and learned to fight, but he took out numerous soldiers at the same time, and then not only defeated Zod, But kicked the crap out of him. When Jor El effortlessly waived off Zods attack and started throwing undefended combos into him, I thought to myself oh no Cinderellaman, Crowe thinks Braddock again.

It's a decent Superman movie, but the people involved could have and should have done way better and the character himself deserves way better. For all of Snyder's talk leading up to MOS where he said Superman is "The King Daddy" of superheros he really didn't do much to try and show why that is. MOS is about as generic a Superman movie as you can get. The movie covers the essentials, but I think it dropped the ball when it comes to the "Why?" and "How?" does Clark eventually become Superman. He basically becomes Superman because Zod showed up and forced his hand when I think there should have been a moment before then where he decided this is what he wanted to do with his life and his powers. I mean, how does he end up at that point in the film and still not have a clear idea of what he wants to do? What was the point of his travels around the world if wasn't going to come to some type of conclusion on his own? He gets back to Smallville and Zod shows up and he still has to go to some random priest to ask for advice on what he should do. Thanks to Snyder's not so subtle Christ comparisons/metaphors we know Clark was 33 years old at this point in time. He should have had things figured out at that point and I think that's MOS's biggest failure. He wasn't proactive nearly enough. I don't think it makes it a bad Superman movie, per se, but I do think it was a big mistake on the part of Goyer and Snyder.

Great post:hi5: I wanted to touch on this in my initial rant , but I didn't want to right a novel titled F___ MOS :). Another thing to add to your point is superman's initial flight. You mean to tell me he's 33 y/o he hasn't even tried to fly before this, I mean come on they even had him hitchhiking at one point. Just the idea of superman sitting in a car is funny to me. I see what they were trying to do here. These days people want a hero with a conscience, we have seen this same thing in Batman, Bond etc. I'm not saying this equation can't be applied to superman, but they should have been way more diligent about it.

I'm hoping that Synder will give us as you put it "a more proactive superman" in BvsS. I doubt they will make the same mistakes when it comes to humor in the script, I mean how can you have a movie with Superman, Batman, Wonder woman, and Eisenburg playing Lex with out at least having some unintentional comedy.

Last edited:
Who got upset?
Maybe you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did come off pretty rude IMO. I know a lot of complaints have been made on this figures about accuracy and many choose to customize, but not everyone cares about accuracy. I actual thought it was pretty cool of melkorjunior not to get roped in to an argument (not usually the case here).

Never liked Superman as a character, but the MoS film has made me a really big fan of Supes!

Film has its flaws (overly serious tone, Lois finding out Kent was Supes before he even stepped into The DP, and killing off papa Kent was just wrong!) but I genuinely liked the film, and felt that casting Cavill as Supes was a darn good choice. He definitely did the character justice, pretty much like how Bale did the Bruce Wayne character justice imo.

And having the HT figure just made me like the film that much more :D

Oh coming back to the figure, do any of yours have the abs positioned somewhat crooked? Mine came crooked, and there is no way for me to adjust it without causing creasing to the suit, unfortunately. I did get the S shield to be in line with the abs in the end, but now the belt looks crooked.

Wondering if any of you guys have the same issue?

Never liked Superman as a character, but the MoS film has made me a really big fan of Supes!

Film has its flaws (overly serious tone, Lois finding out Kent was Supes before he even stepped into The DP, and killing off papa Kent was just wrong!) but I genuinely liked the film, and felt that casting Cavill as Supes was a darn good choice. He definitely did the character justice, pretty much like how Bale did the Bruce Wayne character justice imo.

And having the HT figure just made me like the film that much more :D

Oh coming back to the figure, do any of yours have the abs positioned somewhat crooked? Mine came crooked, and there is no way for me to adjust it without causing creasing to the suit, unfortunately. I did get the S shield to be in line with the abs in the end, but now the belt looks crooked.

Wondering if any of you guys have the same issue?

I noticed the abs look crooked in certain poses. You just have to mess with it till u get it right. Their is articulation at the waist and lower chest so it can be done without creases.

About the film. You mentioned u didn't care for supes before MOS. I noticed many long time finds like myself were more prone to hating MOS. I think some of the criticism comes from preconceived expectations. I accepted that some of my expectations may not have been completely warranted, however the movie still has a lot of missteps.

Cavill really is a great superman. I look forward to seeing him come in to the character more. So much potential there.

I noticed the abs look crooked in certain poses. You just have to mess with it till u get it right. Their is articulation at the waist and lower chest so it can be done without creases.

About the film. You mentioned u didn't care for supes before MOS. I noticed many long time finds like myself were more prone to hating MOS. I think some of the criticism comes from preconceived expectations. I accepted that some of my expectations may not have been completely warranted, however the movie still has a lot of missteps.

Cavill really is a great superman. I look forward to seeing him come in to the character more. So much potential there.

ah i shall try that; up to this point i've only been adjusting the chest section.

Up till last year, I always thought Supes was, no offense, a boring character. I have never been a comics reader, and so relied on movies or tv shows for my knowledge of comic book characters. Unlike Batman who had mortal weaknesses (both mental and physical), I saw Supes as an all-conquering hero with no real weakness (other than Kryptonite, which imo is kinda lame). It wasn't until the recent Injustice & MoS storylines that I finally saw the internal war/conflict within Supes: as a true superpower, how do you hold yourself back from killing your foe, even though that would have been the easier way out? And I finally saw the other real weakness that Supes apart from that green rock: love , which ultimately proved to be the breaking point in Injustice and in MoS too.

I've always liked heroes with weaknesses I could relate to. Which is why I really liked MoS storytelling (esp. his childhood scenes), because I could finally see a different side to Superman. :)

The waist is pretty tight on mine so you'll probably need to be firm with it.

I know I called out the childhood flash backs before, but I actually really like the whole superman being overwhelmed by his powers in class as a child scene. They just flashed back to often and at inconvenient times IMO.

The waist is pretty tight on mine so you'll probably need to be firm with it.

I know I called out the childhood flash backs before, but I actually really like the whole superman being overwhelmed by his powers in class as a child scene. They just flashed back to often and at inconvenient times IMO.

Thanks, I'll take note of that, Predator 1221.

I think all of us agree to disagree on the scenes we like/dislike in the film (even on the overall film itself), but I think all of us can agree that HT certainly gave us a keeper with this figure! :yess:

I can accept that he may have secretly but if not following the intended path was qreatly frowned upon who did he study with? And, especially with fighting where did he get enough real world experience to successfully defeat a bred warrior(who was younger and stronger than JorEl)?

Now you have a good point, I could totally believe that Jor El had gone outside his station and learned to fight, but he took out numerous soldiers at the same time, and then not only defeated Zod, But kicked the crap out of him. When Jor El effortlessly waived off Zods attack and started throwing undefended combos into him, I thought to myself oh no Cinderellaman, Crowe thinks Braddock again.

Of course, without further explanation, it does seem like hogwash that a scientist could defeat their greatest military general. But a General might be a tactician and not as skilled in hand to hand as he used to be.
Also(And i am just totally reaching here), if they can take an ancient skull and build their entire race from it, and *then* take that skull into it's constituent parts and bond those parts to the cells of a child, perhaps the Kryptonians do not learn as we do. Perhaps there is a central repository of knowledge and to *train* a soldier, they sit in a chair and have knowledge deposited in their heads? If that could be even close to the case, All Jor-El would need to do is access that info himself.
I am not trying to apologise for MOS. I thought it was okay, but not a patch on my favourite Superman movie, just trying to suggest ways in which Jor-El could have had enough knowledge to win hand to hand.
But if it bothers anyone, just ignore that part and enjoy the parts you *do* like!
:)

I'm glad people here brought up the tornado scene, it's pure ******** to me, if my father was standing there about to be killed my balls I'd just stand and watch, can't Superman move the speed of light so nobody would even see him?

In smallville Clark could move in the blink of an eye to save people, agh just annoyed me letting your father die, what kinda Superman would do that [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although Reeve is my Superman, I'll admit that if you have to find a modern-day actor to play the character, Cavill's a solid choice. He can act, and he has the exact right look. You can't just cast any tall, good-looking guy to be Superman. He has to have a very specific anglo-saxon look and Cavill has that look. Now if only the script was better.

As for the figure itself--looking back through the thread at people discussing their issues with the rubber costume made me a bit nervous because I have him in the iconic pose with his arms bent at the elbow and his hands on his hips, and I was worried that keeping the elbows bent that way might damage the costume in time. But then I noticed some people actually found damage to the costume even when the figure was standing straight with arms down at his sides (!)

So I figured, what the heck. If the costume's prone to cracking / ripping no matter what I do, I might as well have him in a sweet pose anyway.

My problem with the stand is that base takes up a lot of real estate...probably necessary though to keep it balanced. Although my Supes is doing the hands on hips stare-down right now, I might try to get him flying at some point.

ah i shall try that; up to this point i've only been adjusting the chest section.

Up till last year, I always thought Supes was, no offense, a boring character. I have never been a comics reader, and so relied on movies or tv shows for my knowledge of comic book characters. Unlike Batman who had mortal weaknesses (both mental and physical), I saw Supes as an all-conquering hero with no real weakness (other than Kryptonite, which imo is kinda lame). It wasn't until the recent Injustice & MoS storylines that I finally saw the internal war/conflict within Supes: as a true superpower, how do you hold yourself back from killing your foe, even though that would have been the easier way out? And I finally saw the other real weakness that Supes apart from that green rock: love , which ultimately proved to be the breaking point in Injustice and in MoS too.

I've always liked heroes with weaknesses I could relate to. Which is why I really liked MoS storytelling (esp. his childhood scenes), because I could finally see a different side to Superman. :)
Yeah I had to read more into comics and some of the TV shows to get any true respect for Superman, and it was due to these reasons honestly. I never really thought about how the power made Superman feel, that he wasn't just the anti-Batman, but it made him feel truly alienated. The Reeve films did help my perception of Superman too, and he is still my go-to Superman. But I respect Cavill as Superman, he is a good successor. I do almost want the MoS Superman as well, even though I have the Reeve Supes.

MoS is still not a great film to me, but it is an ok one and it has its moments. Kevin Costner going into the tornado was not one of those moments however :lol

I'm glad people here brought up the tornado scene, it's pure ******** to me, if my father was standing there about to be killed my balls I'd just stand and watch, can't Superman move the speed of light so nobody would even see him?

In smallville Clark could move in the blink of an eye to save people, agh just annoyed me letting your father die, what kinda Superman would do that [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I agree and was saying the same thing right after watching it the first time, I think that scene was just there for the emotional impact. It was a really moving scene, well acted by Costner, Cavill and Lane it just never really made much sense because as moving as it was a Clark would just zap in there.

I was thinking Clark could even have used his super breath to freeze/ blow the tornado away if he wanted to haha...but I guess that'll freak out everyone on the scene lol

Back