1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skin tone on the head doesn't match the neck... didn't realize that.

It could be the lighting.

Loving the way the cape is on his.

:hi5:

What lens did you use? Great pics

Thanks. It's a 50mm 1:1.8 G

Don't know if I want to follow para's pictures, but here goes nothing!

They're great pics optimus!

Superb! This is a Tony Meis cape and neck mod, I presume?
I like the way your cape lies on the neck. Did you do the ironing trick from Tony to make the neck part of the cape a bit longer and reveal ore of the neck, or did you just install it as it was?

Thanks! Yes it's Tony's cape and mod. Didn't iron it, just installed and futzed it.

Looking good man!! And welcome to the world of Hot Toys!!! :D

Bri

Thank you Bri ! I am speechless with the headsculpt.
it s a mervelous work. I would ve liked an alternate headscult with angry face and teeths but that is perfect.
I' m bit ashamed i didn't purchasedtha dark knight rises batman to go along with it :(
I' ll be skipping the one with....ben affleck face :( hahaha joking.
My next purchase will certainly be Raiden from Metal Gear Rising.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm surprised no one has painted the collar blue..if you look at the costume on display or in the film, you definitely see its blue and not black.

I replied in the other thread but some of us have...we tried countless mixtures too...sooo hard to get it just right

Interesting indeed! Some shots look blue, others look black.

vlcsnap_00301.png

vlcsnap_00302.png

vlcsnap_00302.png

vlcsnap_00304.png

vlcsnap_00305.png

vlcsnap_00306.png

Loving everyone’s pictures of their man of steel, can’t wait for mine to turn up. Just jumped on the band wagon last week to order him. I didn’t like the promo pictures of him and thought I could live without him in my collection but... you all know the rest

Also loving some of the custom black suit version people are doing and thinking of doing one myself. I could wait until Hot Toys release their version but my only concern would be that they listen to people complaining about the red suit version being a bit too tall and make the black suit version shorter and bring him in line with the rest of their figures.

I got my supes yesterday and wow what an amaizing figure.

Tonymeis cloak really does make him an even more impressive and only takes 10 or so mins to do.

emarae and ShortRound's vid is a great detailed step by step for doing both the collar mod and fitting Tonymeis cape.

Last edited:
Hey guys i need some help with my figure. After receiving it i noticed his abs where out of line with his chest and lower body. I have tried to fix this but with no success. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for any help i can get.

Attachments

• IMG_2962.jpg
    IMG_2962.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 331
You want to turn the abs to the right(Your right), then allow the cloth to return to the normal setting. Now the abs will be where they need to be and the chest will be to the right. Holding the abs to make sure they don't move, return the chest to the left.

I have tried this but the front and back of the belt is holding the abs in place. I believe i may have to exchange it for a replacement.

Are you sure? It feels as thought the two button type shapes on the belt are attached to the body. I'm happy to give this a try but i don't want to break anything and not be able to return it if needs be.

Thanks for the help guys, all seems to be okay now. This being my first Hot Toys i didn't want to be to forceful with it. Looking forward to picking Jor-El and Zod in the near future.
Another question, What lighting options do i have with Detolf shelf from Ikea?
Thanks again.

Thanks for the help guys, all seems to be okay now. This being my first Hot Toys i didn't want to be to forceful with it. Looking forward to picking Jor-El and Zod in the near future.
Another question, What lighting options do i have with Detolf shelf from Ikea?
Thanks again.

Try Barlighting.com, they have relatively good prices.

Back